FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on March 29, 2015, 09:21:00 PM
As bad as Ireland are this commentary team on RTE is out doing them. Nice to hear there is an Irish crowd at the match also!!!!

Beglin crying that long didn't foul her man in the corner when he blatantly barged into him

JPGJOHNNYG

Fair play they gave it a go in the last 20 mins, pity they didnt start like that. Win against Scotland and a result in Poland still very much needed and a slip up by Scotland in Georgia

JoG2

Quote from: Itchy on March 29, 2015, 09:44:46 PM
As bad as Ireland are this commentary team on RTE is out doing them. Nice to hear there is an Irish crowd at the match also!!!!

Beglin crying that long didn't foul her man in the corner when he blatantly barged into him

Think beglin was probably as frustrated as the rest of us with the systematic playacting and diving from the Polish players

From the Bunker

Fair play to the Irish team. Once again punching above our weight in Soccer. For the size, population, soccer infrastructure, we over achieve!

moysider

Quote from: JoG2 on March 29, 2015, 09:55:06 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 29, 2015, 09:44:46 PM

Think beglin was probably as frustrated as the rest of us with the systematic playacting and diving from the Polish players

That was Ronnie Whelan surely?!
But it was a foul yeah. I see the old British and Irish  mistrust of the 'continentals' cheating and diving is alive and well. McCarty slapped a Pole and was lucky not to see the line. I was listening to Ray Houghton by then and he was as bad as Ronnie  - blaming the Pole for provoking McCarty. Ffs.

An Watcher

McGeady is frustrating but without his goals in Georgia we wouldn't even be competing in this group.   Brady was poor and I expected more from his dead balls but much better than ward. Fair play to James McClean. His challenge lifted the whole thing. Pity there weren't more like him. Not sure how hoolahan got motm as he seemed to give the ball away alot

ballinaman

Poor enough Poland team there tonight apart from the 2 lads up top obviously. You could see 30 minutes from the end they didn't fancy it, were pulling out of 50/50s all over the shop.
The show goes on until June 6th when the jocks come to Dublin who aren't great shakes either, time for us to actually WIN a meaningful match or it's game over ball burst...2001 since we last beat a team ranked above us in a competitive match....

rrhf

ballinaman

Quote from: rrhf on March 29, 2015, 10:52:57 PM
North are a much better team.
FIFA rankings and current table standings would suggest so but I reckon it's slightly skewed by the fact that their group is entirely pish

beer baron

Quote from: An Watcher on March 29, 2015, 10:48:55 PM
McGeady is frustrating but without his goals in Georgia we wouldn't even be competing in this group.   Brady was poor and I expected more from his dead balls but much better than ward. Fair play to James McClean. His challenge lifted the whole thing. Pity there weren't more like him. Not sure how hoolahan got motm as he seemed to give the ball away alot

Agree on Hoolahan,gave the ball away an awful lot,i wanted him taken off if truth be told. Dunphy mentioning him in the same breath as Xavi,if there was anybody still paying any heed to him they've surely stopped now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballinaman on March 29, 2015, 11:00:39 PM
Quote from: rrhf on March 29, 2015, 10:52:57 PM
North are a much better team.
FIFA rankings and current table standings would suggest so but I reckon it's slightly skewed by the fact that their group is entirely pish
If they weren't able to qualify from that shower of shite then there really was no hope.

moysider

Quote from: beer baron on March 29, 2015, 11:08:06 PM

Agree on Hoolahan,gave the ball away an awful lot,i wanted him taken off if truth be told. Dunphy mentioning him in the same breath as Xavi,if there was anybody still paying any heed to him they've surely stopped now.

Unfair. Holohan was actually trying to play football and make things happen. You re being unfair to Dunphy as well who was just using a bit of exaggeration to make a point. Holohan was trying to create and as well as giving the ball away was also creative. McCarty and Whelan on the other hand are incapable of doing anything creative and were missing in the first half  when they should have been taking control of the game. Holohan is no Xavi but I ve seen Xavi give the ball away too.

An Watcher

Physically I'm not sure if hoolahans up to it. Pushed off the ball very easily. I'd be fairly confident of getting a point in Poland, not so confident about beating the scots at home!

ballinaman

Quote from: moysider on March 29, 2015, 11:21:45 PM
Quote from: beer baron on March 29, 2015, 11:08:06 PM

Unfair. Holohan was actually trying to play football and make things happen. You re being unfair to Dunphy as well who was just using a bit of exaggeration to make a point. Holohan was trying to create and as well as giving the ball away was also creative. McCarty and Whelan on the other hand are incapable of doing anything creative and were missing in the first half when they should have been taking control of the game. Holohan is no Xavi but I ve seen Xavi give the ball away too.
Agreed, only grew a pair in the last 10 minutes and he's got to be pulled on that. He's either injured or missing when he's on the pitch....Whelan is there to do a job, protect the back 4...never looks good but he gets it done, somebody has to do it....

beer baron

You'd do well to find many games where Xavi gave the ball away as much as Hoolahan did tonight. As for Dunphy he's continually calling players like Mc Clean and Hoolahan top players and i think i remember him calling them world class one evening,totally bonkers, Hoolahans a tidy footballer that passes well and can create chances and Mc Cleans a hard working winger that's playing at the level he should be. I used to like Dunphy as he'd say the odd smart piece of analysis among all the madness but now he seems to just be a parody of himself.