FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

ballinaman

Quote from: Apparently so on November 12, 2014, 10:35:27 PM
Obviously I don't want this happening before a big game but it looks like it already so I am hoping someone has burst that Keane **** and he gets to f**k from this Ireland squad. Shouldn't have been allowed near it in the first place, the p***k

Hope it was Stokes that did it. Love Stokesy
What time did they release you from hospital? You must have got an awful toss, poor craature....

AZOffaly

He didn't just belt a fan for no reason. Your man was probably acting the dick.

rodney trotter

Ken Early was saying the fella started ripping pages of the book in front of keane when he didn't sign the book.

AZOffaly

And I'm sure he asked him to sign it nice and politely too. Some people have an awful sense of entitlement in terms of what a person in the public eye is supposed to 'do for them'.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 13, 2014, 10:54:58 AM
He didn't just belt a fan for no reason. Your man was probably acting the dick.
True. Your man probably is just as big a dick head as Keane is.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Keane wants it both ways. He courts the public profile stuff and then expects none of the baggage that goes with it. If you go on TV as a Pundit, if you sell a book, if you are assistant Manager of a couple of teams. You are in the Public eye. You are making a lot of money out of the public purse. Rightly of Wrongly the public expect a bit of you. But that's the sad trade off for making (sh1t) loads of money. Now every now and again you are going to meet (like in all walks of life), a dick, an Asshole, ignoramus. The true worth of you character will be tested in how you deal with it.

One person who seemed to deal with loads of this was Beckham.  I'd say he had quite a number of incidents that he just brushed off!

AZOffaly

I know what you are saying Bunker, and I agree to an extent. I'd be far from being Keane's fanboy, but I've seen stuff where public figures, especially sports figures, just get absolutely hounded. It's bound to be a bit of a pain in the arse eventually, no matter how polite the person is, or how decent a person the sportsman is.

However, if you happened to be cornered or insulted by a langball, abusing you or whatever (doubtless called 'banter') I'm not surprised that the odd lad loses the rag and lashes out.

I have no idea how the fan behaved last night, but we know Keane has a short fuse, so if he was provoked I think the blame would be with the provoker. I'm sure Keane didn't seek him out.

angermanagement

From the report I heard Keane and this fella have history so there's probably more to it.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: angermanagement on November 13, 2014, 02:28:13 PM
From the report I heard Keane and this fella have history so there's probably more to it.

Your man has written (presumably critical) about Keane before and is the son-in-law of a well known entertainer. Any clues as to identity?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Croí na hÉireann

AZOffaly

You make it sound like Roy couldn't hunt him down :) What's he doing in Brazil? A book about soccer? He does seem fairly knowledgeable about Brazil, although mind you I'm not so he could be a complete bluffer. On other topics where I have some knowledge he has made some crazy statements in the past.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 13, 2014, 03:02:18 PM
You make it sound like Roy couldn't hunt him down :) What's he doing in Brazil? A book about soccer? He does seem fairly knowledgeable about Brazil, although mind you I'm not so he could be a complete bluffer. On other topics where I have some knowledge he has made some crazy statements in the past.

Married to a Brazilian and was over there for the World Cup. Not sure how he continues to write based over there though. Yeah, he doesn't like to sit on the fence alright, it's either black or white. What crazy statements are you referring to?