FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

general

any1 else having trouble with accommodation for glasgow? any ideas?

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 16, 2014, 11:23:59 PM
Fair enough assessment MS
Mon's favoured team will become apparent v soon.
Right now he likes McLean and mcgeady - he has tried mcgeady in the number 10 position that he was starting to play in at Celtic before he left.
Understandably - as he is better in the middle where he can move onto either foot and shoot , when in front of goals he is a scoring threat. Not in the wing . He isn't a natural winger, despite all the tricks.

I'm with you on the much maligned whelan. I think inj are catching up with him and meyler might take that place but for now mon will favour whelan

Think we will go 451
Favourites will always get the mon nod.
The only questions are who plays left back and the striker role

Mon prob favours
                Forde
Coleman O'Shea Wilson ?
              Whelan
Mcgeady McCarthy Gibson McLean
            ?

Maybe keogh might slot into centre half and Wilson lb?
Maybe  but Wison and Ward are much of a muchness at LB and would Keogh, being a few mistakes short of the full package,  be worth the effort to juggle Wilson around and drop Ward? The various parts of the team should be settling into their default place by now.
Probably you're right about McClean having bundled his way without ceremony into the first team,..........with all the grace a Derryman can offer ;D
Funny you have idea that McGeady has a good shot, I think (for the most part) his shooting prowess lacks a bit of oomph. He  somehow manages to make it look like he is hitting a very heavy ball. Well then, maybe he would be more of a threat, shooting from inside the box.

T Fearon

Heading over to Glasgow! Quite looking forward to it.First time I saw Scotland play Ireland Ronnie Simpson was in goal and Tommy Gemmell was at left back,and Ireland had two young lads called Best and Jennings playing

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on October 17, 2014, 09:29:20 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 16, 2014, 11:23:59 PM
Fair enough assessment MS
Mon's favoured team will become apparent v soon.
Right now he likes McLean and mcgeady - he has tried mcgeady in the number 10 position that he was starting to play in at Celtic before he left.
Understandably - as he is better in the middle where he can move onto either foot and shoot , when in front of goals he is a scoring threat. Not in the wing . He isn't a natural winger, despite all the tricks.

I'm with you on the much maligned whelan. I think inj are catching up with him and meyler might take that place but for now mon will favour whelan

Think we will go 451
Favourites will always get the mon nod.
The only questions are who plays left back and the striker role

Mon prob favours
                Forde
Coleman O'Shea Wilson ?
              Whelan
Mcgeady McCarthy Gibson McLean
            ?

Maybe keogh might slot into centre half and Wilson lb?
Maybe  but Wison and Ward are much of a muchness at LB and would Keogh, being a few mistakes short of the full package,  be worth the effort to juggle Wilson around and drop Ward? The various parts of the team should be settling into their default place by now.
Probably you're right about McClean having bundled his way without ceremony into the first team,..........with all the grace a Derryman can offer ;D
Funny you have idea that McGeady has a good shot, I think (for the most part) his shooting prowess lacks a bit of oomph. He  somehow manages to make it look like he is hitting a very heavy ball. Well then, maybe he would be more of a threat, shooting from inside the box.
I'd move the more mistake prone man out of the middle - plus Wilson can use his right foot when necessary which ward can do - essential for a defender

Mcgeady had a great shot , still has but under such pressure he rushes most of them and therefore miss hits them
Though he has always taken bad corners( seems to be an issue amongst loads of top level pros these days)
I'd like our team to shoot more from outside the box and with Gibson McCarthy hendrick McLean whelan mcgeady hoolihan Brady all can and will shoot from outside the box. That's what we need to do.

I suspect you are right about mon not moving Wilson from centre half though

Myles Na G.

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 17, 2014, 10:16:16 AM
No he hasn't, not yet anyways..

http://t.co/NRNi4K1xDY
I'm all for 2nd or even 3rd generation Irish footballers playing for Ireland if they feel a genuine connection to the team and country. However, if someone is sitting around waiting to see if they get a call up for England, they should be told to feck off.

T Fearon

Ticket arrived yesterday for Celtic Park on November 14th! Anyone else going?

ballinaman

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2014, 10:25:51 AM
Ticket arrived yesterday for Celtic Park on November 14th! Anyone else going?
Where you source it from if you don't mind me asking? Shit storm going down among the regulars who haven't been sorted by the FAI.

T Fearon

ballinaman

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2014, 02:48:14 PM
Scottish FA.No problem.
Ah right, in with the scots.
Lots of regulars who I met in Tbilisi didn't get sorted. Ridiculously bad PR by FAI, don't dick around the loyal lads.
I was lucky enough to get 2 for Irish section.

red hander

Was intimated to any of us who were in Tbilisi that we'd be sorted for Glasgow only for most of us to be shafted by the FAI ... huge shit storm brewing for Delaney

T Fearon

Agree 100% that those who travel should get priority, I'd be furious.Don't mind being in with the Scots as I suspect most will be Celtic fans cheering Ireland anyway.Good seat in lower section of North Stand!

If you make it over do have a look at the paving stone bearing my name at the main entrance to Celtic Park, near the foot of Jock Stein statue!

Main Street

It's my sole remaining worthwhile goal in life to make the trip to paradise and have my photograph taken by that piece of stone.
I suspect many here would be of a similar mind but perhaps would differ in what they like to do on that piece of stone.
I suspect Tony has to attend to the stone with an intense scrubbing brush deep cleansing, every time he attends Celtic Park.