FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2014, 10:11:17 PM

Poland will get second spot
3rd spot is good enough for a playoff and with all the stronger countries already qualified the playoffs shouldn't be as tough as other years.
Could be Ireland v N Ireland in the playoffs...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

michaelg

Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2014, 10:26:47 PM

3rd spot is good enough for a playoff and with all the stronger countries already qualified the playoffs shouldn't be as tough as other years.
Northern Ireland not going to need a playoff - GAWA

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: michaelg on October 11, 2014, 11:23:11 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 11, 2014, 10:26:47 PM

Northern Ireland not going to need a playoff - GAWA

What's a gawa?

Farmer dam

I think if we sit back and keep the Germans out for the first 25-30 mins then the belief will grow in our players and the Germans will start to panic. I know there world champions and maybe only one of our players would get in there team but they are humans and after only beating the scots and getting beat by poland they will be at a low. I really think we can take points of them on Tuesday but feel we need to keep them out early on

laoislad

Quote from: Farmer dam on October 12, 2014, 11:00:20 AM
. I know there world champions and maybe only one of our players would get in there team

Who?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

rrhf

Robbie Keane has now firmly established himself in the pantheon of great European Footballers.
Well done Robbie!

Farmer dam

Itchy

The problem with Ireland is our defence is very poor. Wilson is an accident waiting to happen and O Shea was never good enough to play ctr half. They are as good as we've got but I expect Germany will beat us 3 nil.

ballinaman

Couldn't believe that Poland result last night. Typical going into Tuesday. Good Irish crowd going too, raging I'm missing it as Germany is always a good trip.

Sidney

It's a massive night for Irish soccer as the lads go in search of what would be one of the greatest away wins in our history. I think we can do it. O'Neill* has had some famous European wins in the past with the Hoops, and he'll have us organised, and Roy** will use all his Manchester United experience to make everybody in the dressing room believe we can win.

Prediction: Greece 1-2 Ireland

In tonight's other action I fancy world champions Germany to rebound from their surprise defeat to Poland by thrashing the FAI representative team 6-0.

*Michael
**Carroll

ballinaman

1-1. I feel it in me bleeding jaysus watersh!

rodney trotter

Quote from: ballinaman on October 12, 2014, 12:39:31 PM
Couldn't believe that Poland result last night. Typical going into Tuesday. Good Irish crowd going too, raging I'm missing it as Germany is always a good trip.

The German defence struggled against Anya of Watford in the first game,so they were obviously going to  struggle against Lewandowski and co.

Still, there will probaly be a backlash from them tonight after a few inept performances.

Sidney

Quote from: Sidney on October 14, 2014, 03:35:18 PM
It's a massive night for Irish soccer as the lads go in search of what would be one of the greatest away wins in our history. I think we can do it. O'Neill* has had some famous European wins in the past with the Hoops, and he'll have us organised, and Roy** will use all his Manchester United experience to make everybody in the dressing room believe we can win.

Prediction: Greece 1-2 Ireland

In tonight's other action I fancy world champions Germany to rebound from their surprise defeat to Poland by thrashing the FAI representative team 6-0.

*Michael
**Carroll
1-0 up already  ;D

Aaron Boone

George Hamilton and Ronnie Whelan are resigned to defeat on commentary. Scant praise for the team so far.