FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 12, 2013, 06:33:38 PM
Has Roy got a private deal with Puma?  Thought with Ireland being Umbro that they would have to wear all their gear.

Have to wear umbro boots? Hardly

muppet

Quote from: J OGorman on November 12, 2013, 06:35:52 PM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 12, 2013, 06:33:38 PM
Has Roy got a private deal with Puma?  Thought with Ireland being Umbro that they would have to wear all their gear.

Have to wear umbro boots? Hardly

It won't be long before he takes Umbro and leaves.
MWWSI 2017

CitySlicker11

Check out all the international and club teams, all their staff will be wearing the gear from their kit provider. Thought this was the norm?

J OGorman

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 12, 2013, 06:44:26 PM
Check out all the international and club teams, all their staff will be wearing the gear from their kit provider. Thought this was the norm?

Boots would be free for all id have thought. He was a Diodora man in his prime...some player :-)

Under Lights

Martin O'Neill was asked about Connor Wickham declaring for Republic yesterday. He admitted that it was something he may look at. Source- Daily Mirror.

rodney trotter

Roy Keane's press conference earlier today http://t.co/i6p59CggFy

He will be on off the ball this evening at 7

CD

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 13, 2013, 05:30:38 PM

Very impressed by his attitude and his unapologetic stance on things he's said. Must say I've always admired both him and Martin O'Neill. I worry, however, about the lack of talent at their disposal. We keep hearing about the 3 young lads at Villa, Robby Brady and James McCarthy. Are there any other serious young Irish lads out there that are going to make an impact on the Premier League in the next year or two?
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

SHEEDY

Quote from: CD on November 13, 2013, 06:25:54 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on November 13, 2013, 05:30:38 PM

Very impressed by his attitude and his unapologetic stance on things he's said. Must say I've always admired both him and Martin O'Neill. I worry, however, about the lack of talent at their disposal. We keep hearing about the 3 young lads at Villa, Robby Brady and James McCarthy. Are there any other serious young Irish lads out there that are going to make an impact on the Premier League in the next year or two?
we could badly do with a striker from somewhere? any on the radar? I know connor wickham has been mentioned as a possibility but don't think he's any better than what we have.

ps that gift grub sketch is hilarious! ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

Main Street

Roy will impress in the beginning. The players will try to impress him. It's just when things roll back to normal for us, what will Roy's reaction be like? he'll revert to being a sarcy, caustic piece of septic puss, so it's good that O'Neill is around to be in charge. It could work.

EC Unique

Roy played a blinder today. Has an assistant ever had as much attention? Looking forward to seeing how it all works out but at the end of the day it is the players on the pitch that matter and there is a lack of quality at present.

ballinaman

Quote from: EC Unique on November 13, 2013, 10:53:35 PM
Roy played a blinder today. Has an assistant ever had as much attention? Looking forward to seeing how it all works out but at the end of the day it is the players on the pitch that matter and there is a lack of quality at present.
There is a lack of quality in International Football in general at the moment outside the top 10 IMO. If you are organised and have a bit of grit, you can do some damage. Scotland beat Croatia FFS. We're are no great shakes but we've got to hope to qualify for the next Euros...24 from 52 teams, may as well throw our hat at it if we don't make that.

From the Bunker

Good result for Ireland tonight! Romania losing to Greece that is!  ;)

The Worker