FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 14, 2012, 11:19:22 AM
Heading to this match tonight, didn't plan too, but a mate rang and said he had 3 premium level tickets.

Not expecting free-flowing football against a team like Greece, but hopefully the likes of Ciaran  Clark, Robbie Brady and James McGlean
can show some confidence and give the Irish team a life.

Potemtially 2 top class wingers in McGlean and Brady. Great to see Long starting aswell, about time...

I think Brady has more potemtial  than McGlean and will be the better player going forward.

spuds

Great to see the Irish fans getting recognised for being harmless at the Euro's, oh ye...where are all these great fans tonight ?

Halftime
Ireland 0 Greece 1

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Milltown Row2

Quote from: spuds on November 14, 2012, 08:39:16 PM
Great to see the Irish fans getting recognised for being harmless at the Euro's, oh ye...where are all these great fans tonight ?

Halftime
Ireland 0 Greece 1

Are they still singing?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

spuds

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2012, 08:43:43 PM
Quote from: spuds on November 14, 2012, 08:39:16 PM

Halftime
Ireland 0 Greece 1

Are they still singing?
Singing, few lads chatting. Our other team are suffering the same score but a great atmosphere by sounds of it. Ulster till I die etc. Are you bucks all united now since Ricey retired ?
John Hubbard

From the Bunker

Cox has had enough! Was the only way trap was going to take 'out of position' Cox off!

spuds

John Hubbard

here comes 6

times up Trap, now off you go you money grabbing #####

Shamrock Shore

Never a fan of Zlatan but that fourth goal was special!

AZOffaly

Trap should go on the basis of that??? Jaysus there's been far more reason for him to go before tonight. I think tonight has quite a few positives. Ireland are playing decently, and lads like Coleman, Holohan, Long, and McLean to a lesser extent have shown they deserve a chance. I think Trap instinctively distrusts youth and this sort of passing football, but if he gives it a chance it'll benefit them in the long run.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: spuds on November 14, 2012, 09:20:59 PM
Ibrahimavic goal number 4 a great goal.

Unreal goal. Ibrahimovic sent out yet another warning to the Irish.

spuds

He lay he lay he lay in 6th minute of injury time
John Hubbard

AZOffaly

spuds

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2012, 09:45:04 PM
To get a 1-1 home draw with Azerbaijan?
Yes sir, good bit of time wasting by Azerbaijanis. One of their subs only on for 15 minutes was going down with cramp. Fairly biased commentary.
Thought Sky are supposed to sexy up these games, what are they doing with Steve Staunton and his glazed looks and dulcet tones.
John Hubbard

From the Bunker

I'd say Trap has never been as confused as to his starting team, as he after todays game. He has found out probably, that he has a few players with potential. But because of his hesitancy to blood these players earlier than now, they are still a bit nieve to international football and Trap does not have the time or the soft games to wean them in. Players like Ward, Doyle, Cox don't look up to it or lack the bit of spark. Keogh coming on tonight? Coleman, McClean and Brady look good but are nieve and lack a bit of cuteness. Oh yeah, he's not going to start Long in the internationals next spring. He hates the lad.

Declan

Thought Coleman was decent in patches, Clarke looked like a good player and Holohan at least tried to get on the ball. Other than that a decidedly underwhelming night. McCLean strikes me as a good lad , a tryer but no real football intelligence. Of the new lads I saw tonight - Brady - lightweight, Meyler no - but giving him the benefit of the doubt he came on with 20 mins to go in a shite game.

Other than that it confirmed my opinion that we have no plan or strategy in even trying to play when we have the ball.  I looked at Andy Keogh when he came on and his immediate reaction when Ward  or anyone got the ball on the left hand side was to go inside and close up any space. Our understanding  and appreciation of how to use space is neanderthal and that is purely down to Trap.

I think it was agreed that Long would get 45 due to his ongoing hamstring issues.

Nothing has changed my opinion that Trap hasn't a f**king clue