FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 20, 2012, 11:32:24 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on October 20, 2012, 11:26:38 PM
Hahahaha there are some truly blinded thinkers on this thread.

Seamus Coleman plays for a club who will a) not finish in the top 6, and b) will seek their best players at the end of the season. They are not a big club.

Aiden McGeady went to Russia because no English club would take a risk on him. Let alone a big club.

Paul McShane and Pat McGibbon used to be on the books at Man Utd. Let's wait until Robbie Brady plays a few games before calling him a United player.

As for Conor whodafuck at Arsenal and Greg remembermyname formerly of City, this is plumbing a depth that can only result in a bathroom covered in excrement.

Shane Long is a better player than the lot of them put together and he plays for possibly the least fashionable club in the world.

Mad. Clean mad. Straw clutching. Mad.

What was clean mad was you saying Robbie Keane should have been playing against Germany when he was injured (wtf) and dismissing playing Shane Long as a lone striker ahead of Robbie i had a brillant euro's Keane

Shane Long has pace to burn, how would Keane play that role

What I actually said was more along the lines of "we haven't got a prayer of beating the Germans so we should put everyone behind the ball, and try to nick a winner". When Long has scored even 10 international goals you can maybe start writing off Keane.

rodney trotter

At least 11 or maybe more of that lis,t are not even regulars with their clubs. England have a huge pick compared to us, so that is irrelevant.

rodney trotter

Be hard for Shane Long to score any goal when he can't get a game.... or had you noticed

J OGorman

Quote from: thewobbler on October 20, 2012, 11:40:20 PM
Oh and while it's got nothing to do with Irish football, here's bloody big England squad made up of only regulars for the top 4 clubs plus the European champions.

Hart; Cole, Walker, Terry, Lescott; Milner, Parker, Carrick, Young; Rooney, Defoe.
Xxx; Gibbs, Richards, Ferdinand, Cahill; Lennon, Wilshire, Lampard, Walcott. Sturridge, Welbeck.

Jones, Smalling, Cleverly. Caulker, Livermore. Bertrandt. Johnson, Rodwell, Barry. Oxlade Chamberlain.

Bar a shortage of keepers, it's not as glum as painted for our similalrly rather boring to watch neighbours.

Have a good look @ that squad. A plethora of average,over the hill, over rated players (and quite a few serial divers, but that's for another day)

thewobbler

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 20, 2012, 11:45:42 PM
At least 11 or maybe more of that lis,t are not even regulars with their clubs. England have a huge pick compared to us, so that is irrelevant.

Now which 11 would that be? Considering that Coleman and Clarke are deemed regulars by GAABoard, I don't see the holes here.

rodney trotter

Quote from: thewobbler on October 21, 2012, 12:07:02 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 20, 2012, 11:45:42 PM

Now which 11 would that be? Considering that Coleman and Clarke are deemed regulars by GAABoard, I don't see the holes here.

England has a population of over 50 million, with Soccer as the main Sport,I see it a big hole that they have so many limited players.. Coleman has been a regular this season with Everton and Clarke with Villa.

thewobbler

Interesting Rodney. I asked you name which 11 players aren't regulars. This was clear because you quoted me. I don't see how your response answers this?

rodney trotter

Oh and while it's got nothing to do with Irish football, here's bloody big England squad made up of only regulars for the top 4 clubs plus the European champions.

Hart; Cole, Walker, Terry, Lescott; Milner, Parker, Carrick, Young; Rooney, Defoe.
Xxx; Gibbs, Richards, Ferdinand, Cahill; Lennon, Wilshire, Lampard, Walcott. Sturridge, Welbeck.

Jones, Smalling, Cleverly. Caulker, Livermore. Bertrandt. Johnson, Rodwell, Barry. Oxlade Chamberlain.

Bar a shortage of keepers, it's not as glum as painted for our similalrly rather boring to watch neighbours.

Smalling is not a regular at Utd currently injured, Clererly either,good players nonetheless , Caulker and Livermore are not regulars at Spurs, Kyle Walker is, and you didn't mention him.. Bertrandt is not a regular at Chelsea, Rodwell is not a regular at City,Welbeck is not a regular at Utd, Sturridge is not a regular at Chelsea, Wilshire is only coming back from injury after being out for 9 months,

Ferdinand is no longer selected for international football and wasn't included in the Euro Squad. Terry retired from International football. Oxlade Chamberlain is only 18 and isn't a full regular yet... About 11 players or more...

thewobbler

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 21, 2012, 09:45:40 AM

Smalling is not a regular at Utd currently injured, Clererly either,good players nonetheless , Caulker and Livermore are not regulars at Spurs, Kyle Walker is, and you didn't mention him.. Bertrandt is not a regular at Chelsea, Rodwell is not a regular at City,Welbeck is not a regular at Utd, Sturridge is not a regular at Chelsea, Wilshire is only coming back from injury after being out for 9 months,

Ferdinand is no longer selected for international football and wasn't included in the Euro Squad. Terry retired from International football. Oxlade Chamberlain is only 18 and isn't a full regular yet... About 11 players or more...

Feck this for a game of darts. Your definition of regular has only one constant for reference and that is you. If you're just going to make things up to suit your story then there really is no point in having a discussion with you.

rodney trotter

Make what up exactly? You named a player who retired from International football in the list, and another at 34 who is no longer selected, but you stuck him in becuase he had lots of England Caps in the past?

How is that making stuff up? Stop living in the past, same way as you think Keane is better than long, maybe 3 years ago, but not now...

magpie seanie

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 21, 2012, 10:29:28 AM
Make what up exactly? You named a player who retired from International football in the list, and another at 34 who is no longer selected, but you stuck him in becuase he had lots of England Caps in the past?

How is that making stuff up? Stop living in the past, same way as you think Keane is better than long, maybe 3 years ago, but not now...

I'm sure no-one really thinks Robbie Keane is better than Shane Long.

thewobbler

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 21, 2012, 10:29:28 AM

You have listed a group of players as non regulars who have nearly all featured in 50% or more of their club's EPL fixtures this season. Those who haven't are long term injured.

Just to ram this home to you, Danny Welbeck has played in more games this season than anyone else at united.

So as previously pointed out the only constant in what you constitute a 'regular' is you. Everything else can be ignored or accentuated to suit your story.

I've never once said Keane is better than Long. What I'll say for the third time is that Ireland cannot compete with Germany at any level. Our best hope is to put 11 men behind the ball and hope to nick a goal. Only ONE player in the history of our country has a reliable track record of scoring international goals. Drop him, kick him to touch, do what you like with him. But I'd still prefer if we only create one chance a game, it falls to him.

rodney trotter

Well you asked me to name 11 players after all! , England should be able to have more regulars  than that,. look at la liga, Seria, Bunesliga , most of the home players play in the top 4 teams.

And on Welbeck, he has featured more due to Wayne Rooney being injured for 8 weeks. Notice that he is now back on the bench since Rooney came back. Good player, but still a long way to go yet...

rodney trotter

Rooney was out for 4 weeks, correction, still gave Welbeck more game time. Atletico Madrid,Barca, Real, Bayern Munich, Dortmund,Schalke, Juve,Napolo,Lazio,Inter, all consist of a lot of home based players unlike the top 4 in the Pl.

Says something why England struggle against those teams at International level.

rodney trotter

Any while  to clarify a few other things, Sunderland offered 12 million for Aidan McGead,y but he opted to try a different culture ect over in Moscow, a change from Britain so to speak. Aston Villa were also interested in him at the ti,e.

And Everton have made their best ever start to a Premier League season and you say they won't make the top 6, sheer ignorance, ???