FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Laoislad and Fromthebunker

I think you have completely picked up O Sheas comments wrong. What he said was "there is a way to lose" and they didn't lose in that manner. To me, any everyone who was listening with me, this means you may lose but you fight on to the death (ie the correct way to lose) but Ireland last night lay down and gave up on it (ie the incorrect way to lose). How you both can reckon this meant they were beaten before the went on the field is nonsense. O Shea has been a great servant to ireland and is one of our players who has played at the top levels in the world and deserves a bit more respect than that.

Celt_Man

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 13, 2012, 01:06:15 PM
So here we are. We qualified for the Euros. Had a few challenge matches before it. Blooded little or no new players. Gibson and Ireland don't want to play for us. Coleman, Westwood, McClean have have nearly no experience at international level. Houlihan, Clarke and Pilkington who have regular premiership experience are no way near the first team. Long, McCarthy, McClean have had public issues with the Manager. There seems to be little or no Granny rule scouting. O'Shea's quote on how to lose games, told it's own story!

On the FAI side, they sack him they will have to pay big time. Maybe they could do a deal to pay 50% if he walked. If they don't get rid, they'll suffer for the home games.

I think Gibson doesn't want to play for Trap not necessarily the same thing although same end result
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

trileacman

Those people calling Stephen Ireland and Darren Gibson the cure to all our woes need to cop on.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Evil Genius

Quote from: Itchy on October 13, 2012, 03:11:46 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 13, 2012, 03:06:32 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 13, 2012, 11:07:04 AMI can see why a northern ireland fan would want an all ireland team alright given that your team is shockingly bad. Put I think it would weaken the Republic team as in the interests of fairness we would have to include some of your players which could only make us even weaker. The best we can do is loan you Paul McShane and Paul Green as a good will gesture.
OK, you obviously don't get it, so I'll explain.

Every time NI has a bad result*, you only have to wait a day or two until the Radio Talk Shows and Newspaper Polls wheel out the same tired old "Isn't it time we had an All-Ireland Team in the football? After all, other sports do it, and we're stunningly successful at those blah, blah, blah..."

As for my "wanting" such a team, every NI fan I have ever met (and I must have met most of them in my 40 years of following the team) agrees on one point: We don't want to lose our team, at any price.

For if nothing else, even when we are getting humped, we can take some small pleasure in seeing our neighbours get humiliated from time-to-time, since at least we know we're shite...  ;)

* - A regular occurrence these days, it has to be said

Eh - you obviously don't read sarcasm to well. I know full well ye don't want an all-ireland team.
I do. Sarcasm is saying one thing, whilst meaning another. Your post was not sarcastic.

Anyhow, thanks for your earlier offer of McShane and Ward. I'll pass on them, if I may, though I wouldn't mind having your Manager.

P.S. One part of that last sentence was sarcastic...  ;) 
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

From the Bunker

Quote from: trileacman on October 13, 2012, 03:25:46 PM
Those people calling Stephen Ireland and Darren Gibson the cure to all our woes need to cop on.

No, far from it! Just an example of bad man management. These guys are not world beaters, but they surely have something to offer.

Ah, look Trap steadied the ship after Staunton, but that ship is now sinking again. Last night it was as if the players wanted Trap to fail and be rid of him.

rodney trotter

Gibson turned down the offer of a call up againt Kazakhstan. Highly unlikey he will feature again during Traps reign...

He was annoyed that he didn't get a single minute in the Euro's. When the likes of Paul Green got a run ahead of him, that was probaly the final straw. ( it would be the final straw for anyone Imo)

laoislad

Quote from: Itchy on October 13, 2012, 03:15:32 PM
Laoislad and Fromthebunker

I think you have completely picked up O Sheas comments wrong. What he said was "there is a way to lose" and they didn't lose in that manner. To me, any everyone who was listening with me, this means you may lose but you fight on to the death (ie the correct way to lose) but Ireland last night lay down and gave up on it (ie the incorrect way to lose). How you both can reckon this meant they were beaten before the went on the field is nonsense. O Shea has been a great servant to ireland and is one of our players who has played at the top levels in the world and deserves a bit more respect than that.

Maybe his comments could be looked at in that way but it was a very strange thing to say IMO.

I think it's time O'Shea calls time on his international career anyway, he hasn't exactly ever been one of our great performers either IMO, he's always been a mistake waiting to happen.
He was very lucky to get away with a stonewall penalty last night and I don't know how the Ref didn't award it, and it was even more strange that he booked the German.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: Itchy on October 13, 2012, 03:11:46 PM
Eh - you obviously don't read sarcasm to well. I know full well ye don't want an all-ireland team.

Welcome to the board!

red hander

Quote from: stew on October 13, 2012, 01:44:30 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on October 13, 2012, 12:10:32 AM
Quote from: Jonah on October 12, 2012, 09:13:42 PMI'd hate to think anyone would rejoice in their country being embarrassed like this.

Oh, I dunno, I can think of a few Irishmen who might be indulging in a bit of, ahem, Schadenfreude right now. Or even Freudenschade...

Anyhow, all together now: "Low lie the Fields of Athenry"

P.S. Does anyone think an All-Oireland team might fare a bit better?   Darron? James? Marc perhaps? Even Alex?  ;)

Congrats vile, the north's team would have three or four players fit to play an an AI team, way up from the one two years ago.

Any anniversary's coming up you might like to comment on?  ;)

Arsewipe!

Don't rise to it

Asal Mor

I don't see anything wrong with the O' Shea quote. Losing is a part of sport for everyone. There are too many wannabe Roy Keanes in this country and  has been ever since Saipan who think it always comes down to attitude. A lot of them played feck all too. I'm sure the Irish players went out on Friday determined to give it everything as Irish players always do. But they're mediocre players compared to the Germans and they're being very badly managed. That's why they lost 6-1, not because they didn't believe 100% they were going to win.

dillinger

At the final whistle the scoreboard read, 1-6 90. lol ;D

magpie seanie

Who was the player that nearly walked over the weekend? Was he being unpatriotic?

J OGorman

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 15, 2012, 09:24:01 AM
Who was the player that nearly walked over the weekend? Was he being unpatriotic?

you still have an unanswered question a few pages back

clarshack

Who was the player that nearly walked over the weekend?

stephen kelly? looks like he has walked - according to reports he refused to board plane to the faroes.

magpie seanie

Quote from: J OGorman on October 15, 2012, 09:41:15 AM

you still have an unanswered question a few pages back

Answered what? Are you still seriously defending Trapp? Seriously? Did you see the game?