FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Orangemac

Denmarks performance today gives us great hope for tomorrow night. No great stars (what age is Rommedahl 50?) but a great work ethic,doing the simple things well and everyone knowing thier role and a bit of luck thrown in.

Lot of talk of Modric, he is a good player all right but Jelavic is the real danger, was on fire for Everton the last few months and a real danger in and around the box.

red hander

Quote from: Orangemac on June 10, 2012, 12:05:54 AM
Denmarks performance today gives us great hope for tomorrow night. No great stars (what age is Rommedahl 50?) but a great work ethic,doing the simple things well and everyone knowing thier role and a bit of luck thrown in.

Lot of talk of Modric, he is a good player all right but Jelavic is the real danger, was on fire for Everton the last few months and a real danger in and around the box.

Agree absolutely. The Russians were brilliant against Czechs, and we finished runners-up to them, now I know they beat us at home, but that was our worst display under Trap, and I know they battered us in Moscow, and only thanks to Dunne and Given we got away with point, but we have a manager who is very tactically trustworthy. Heading out Thursday morning, have tickets for Spain and Italy... Can't wait

clarshack

predictions:

ireland 1 (duff) croatia 0

ireland 0 spain 0

ireland 2 (keane & mcgeady) italy 1 (balotelli)

sammymaguire

Quote from: clarshack on June 10, 2012, 01:04:01 AM
predictions:

ireland 1 (duff) croatia 0

ireland 0 spain 0

ireland 2 (keane & mcgeady) italy 1 (balotelli)

Two wins and a draw!!! Very optimistic is a mild reply to those scores! Ya must be mad!

Ireland 1-1 Croatia (Keane)
Ireland 0-3 Spain
Ireland 1-2 Italy (St Ledger)

Hope I am totally wrong but today could be as good as it gets :-(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Main Street

Getting one draw in the group would be an achievement.
But if we get that draw against Croatia, then there's always a chance for Trap to live up to his nemesis stature against Italy in the last game.

J OGorman

2-1 to the boys in green. Long 2

Let's do this!

Armaghgeddon

0-0 up until 87th minute and Duff will score.

From the Bunker

As we are out of the Euro's, time to go back to old stream.....

Main reasons for being pointless

Our main achievement was qualifying. Remember we had not qualified for this tournament since 1988 and we have not qualified for a major tournament since 2002. The Big tournament mentality was not with us.

Our Group was probably as difficult as one could get, Spain champions of Europe and the World, Italy world champions 2006 and serial tournament achievers, Croatia have qualified for 4 of the last 5 tournaments since 2002. When you think that there was a possibility of a group with Poland, England and Greece. You see the difference.

Injuries and coming back from injuries, Given, Dunne and O'Shea were not 100% for this tournament. The back-up for these guys were non existent.

Some players past their best,  Keane, Given, O'Shea, Duff and possibly Dunne.

We have no representative player from the top 8 teams in the Premier League.

O'Shea, Whelan and Duff were the only midtable premier league players from the regular starting 11.

Small sample of squad used in three games.

Trap named his squad too early, The Foley incident proved that.

To many different Hotels – five I'm told! That sounds like a lot of bag handling and moving about.

Squad brought too early together. There was a need for a break between football.  McGeady talked of fatigue.

We are a small nation. And don't give me that should not be a reason. If so why don't Iceland Qualify for tournaments?

We have no Soccer culture in this county.

We have no Soccer infrastructure in this country.

We depend on our coaching from an inferior British coaching system.

Not as many players declare for us under the Granny rule.

Orangemac

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 19, 2012, 11:37:36 PM
As we are out of the Euro's, time to go back to old stream.....

Main reasons for being pointless

Our main achievement was qualifying. Remember we had not qualified for this tournament since 1988 and we have not qualified for a major tournament since 2002. The Big tournament mentality was not with us.

Our Group was probably as difficult as one could get, Spain champions of Europe and the World, Italy world champions 2006 and serial tournament achievers, Croatia have qualified for 4 of the last 5 tournaments since 2002. When you think that there was a possibility of a group with Poland, England and Greece. You see the difference.

Injuries and coming back from injuries, Given, Dunne and O'Shea were not 100% for this tournament. The back-up for these guys were non existent.

Some players past their best,  Keane, Given, O'Shea, Duff and possibly Dunne.

We have no representative player from the top 8 teams in the Premier League.

O'Shea, Whelan and Duff were the only midtable premier league players from the regular starting 11.

Small sample of squad used in three games.

Trap named his squad too early, The Foley incident proved that.

To many different Hotels – five I'm told! That sounds like a lot of bag handling and moving about.

Squad brought too early together. There was a need for a break between football.  McGeady talked of fatigue.

We are a small nation. And don't give me that should not be a reason. If so why don't Iceland Qualify for tournaments?

We have no Soccer culture in this county.

Not as many players declare for us under the Granny rule.
Don't forget

It rained in the 1st 2 games making it harder when your game plan is based around chasing around to win back the bll you have just given away.

Bar the free kick for St Ledgers goal set pieces were woeful. Getting someone who can reliably take a free kick or corner in the team should be a must.

Declan

QuoteWe have no Soccer culture in this county.

Absolute bullshit of the highest order

From the Bunker

Quote from: Declan on June 20, 2012, 03:12:44 PM
QuoteWe have no Soccer culture in this county.

Absolute bullshit of the highest order

We don't! Prove your point?

AZOffaly

I think there's enough soccer coaches with badges etc on this board alone that will be able to refute that statement.

J OGorman

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 20, 2012, 05:05:42 PM
I think there's enough soccer coaches with badges etc on this board alone that will be able to refute that statement.

there in lies the problem!

AZOffaly

The problem is that there are qualified coaches?