FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

four points will prob be enouh to go through in second place,  goal difference will come into it.    anyoe know wat group this group plays in quarters?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

laoislad

Quote from: bridgegael on December 03, 2011, 08:28:56 AM
four points will prob be enouh to go through in second place,  goal difference will come into it.    anyoe know wat group this group plays in quarters?
Group D i think.
I heard someone saying its possible it could be Ireland v England in 1/4 final.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

I love all the optimism but Ireland won't win a game. Sorry if I burst your bubble
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ThroughTheLaces

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2011, 08:51:12 AM
I love all the optimism but Ireland won't win a game. Sorry if I burst your bubble

Well there you have it everybody. Cancel your flights, no point in going now.
The apple never falls far from the tree.

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 03, 2011, 08:51:12 AM

Ah you're just sour your wee country didn't make it. :)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

clarshack

second place is very achievable in this group, but to do so - a win against croatia is a must.

Capt Pat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li-nN6-f0uY

Robbie Brady for the Euros. Why not I say. We're gonna get beat anyway. I remember the play off against Belgium for the world cup 98. We had a young Damien Duff and Robbie Keane sitting at home while an aging Ray Houghton did his best to inspire an aging Ireland team. We lost with David Connolly getting sent off, I have never forgiven him for that. 14 years ago, time flies.

Anway Brady looks like a class act, Blackpool were in the Premier league last year, not a bad team to be able to perform like that against, he is two footed as well.

Bring on the talent in the freindlies. Himself and Coleman could chage the look and fortunes of this team in the summer.

Forever Green

Hard group but one we are more than capable of getting 2nd spot in. Forget about Spain, no chance we are getting a win there but we have already proven we can beat Italy and Croatia aren't the same team they used to be. Was raging when Italy were pulled out instead of England. Cant wait to this. Imo we will get to the SFs at least. Group D is nothing special and we could take anyone out of that group in the QF

trileacman

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 03, 2011, 01:48:29 PM

Robbie Brady for the Euros. Why not I say. We're gonna get beat anyway. I remember the play off against Belgium for the world cup 98. We had a young Damien Duff and Robbie Keane sitting at home while an aging Ray Houghton did his best to inspire an aging Ireland team. We lost with David Connolly getting sent off, I have never forgiven him for that. 14 years ago, time flies.

Anway Brady looks like a class act, Blackpool were in the Premier league last year, not a bad team to be able to perform like that against, he is two footed as well.

Bring on the talent in the freindlies. Himself and Coleman could chage the look and fortunes of this team in the summer.
Shit.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

The Worker

Capt Pat

Quote from: trileacman on December 03, 2011, 04:09:32 PM

Shit.

Surely not. It is just the highlights of one game and shows great promise of better to come.

trileacman

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 03, 2011, 07:27:21 PM
Quote from: trileacman on December 03, 2011, 04:09:32 PM

Shit.

Surely not. It is just the highlights of one game and shows great promise of better to come.

Nah I'm just trolling. It's unimpressive from the point of view that in some of the shots he is dispossessed, fires wide or passes poorly but that what happen's every player over the course of the match. The majority of these "whoa, look at this guy" video's feature a very selective compilation of their best play over the course of a match/matches.

He seems a good honest player right enough. Would prefer to see him let the ball go earlier, seems to overplay it in some of the moves. For example he often receives the ball wide behind the strikers but runs into a position goalside of them so that his resulting cross is travelling away or parallel to the goal rather than towards it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Whitehair

Quote from: The Worker on December 03, 2011, 04:10:23 PM
Anyone here going to the finals?

Few of us booked Luton to Rzeszow in SE Poland a few weeks back 6th-17th for £120 return. Getting the 6days travel in a month Interrail ticket for 80euro and doing something like Warsaw 7th-8th(Opening ceremony/Poland v Greece), Poznan 9th-10th(Ireland v Croatia), Gdansk 11th-14th(Ireland v Spain), Warsaw 15th-16th(Greece v Russia) then down to Rzeszow and home on the 17th. Maybe get the odd night in a hostel but mainly camping/passing out. Cant't wait!

clarshack

ireland will have a better team spirit and camaraderie than a lot of the other nations and that is a major advantage in tournament football.

i'd even say the irish will have a bond much like a gaa club team.

compare that for e.g. balotelli and italy - there's no way that he will be able to stay couped up for a few weeks without incident.

the french, english and dutch have proved in past tournaments that once team unity is broken you might as well pack your bags and go home.

Shortso79