FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 11, 2011, 10:19:01 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 11, 2011, 10:11:07 PM
If Ireland are drawn in a group with with Greece, Portugal and Italy, will it be the group of debt ?
Badum tish!

By the time the Euros take place, all groups could be the group of debt.

deiseach

Quote from: spuds on November 11, 2011, 10:19:32 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2011, 10:01:58 PM
Quote from: spuds on November 11, 2011, 09:59:47 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2011, 09:55:31 PM
Quote from: Jonah on November 11, 2011, 09:52:05 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2011, 09:50:46 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 11, 2011, 09:48:50 PM
Up the free state!
Well done to them is right. Still couldn't support them.
I'd say we will cope without your support.
You don't really have a choice.
You do and you chose to be a Richard....congrats
Richard Cranium...he he
Richard the III....ho ho

In It For The Money

We're doing a chain story thing, right?

mylestheslasher

Well done to the lads today. We showed a bit of get up and go and got our reward. Great achievement for this team.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I said 2-0 would be a great result, well welcome to the Euro's.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh yeah, did Aidan have anything to do with it.......?    f**king yes he did!!
Tbc....

thewobbler

Amazing result.

There's a lot to be said for pragmatism (and Robbie Keane) in groundball.

Delighted.

13aside

congratulations to the manager and players on last nights performance-nice and tidy on Tues night will do,Trapp.wont be looking for an avalanche of goals and neither should we -see the game out with the same proffessionalism and committment will suffice-roll on the finals 2012!!

dillinger

Well done, showed us Northern Ireland fans how it should be done.

rrhf

ballinaman

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 11, 2011, 10:19:20 PM
If Ireland are drawn in a group with with Greece, Portugal and Italy, will it be the group of debt ?

class !

Glorious!
Amazing result, ireland never do it easy....can't score more than 2 goals in a game...great time to buck that trend. roll on next june, can't wait.
Dunphy is eejit...he hopes trap will change tactics and give players like coleman a chance before june, seriously? As if that will happen, dunphy is just lining up that angle so he has something to crow about for the next 8 months. While I agree with him about Coleman, trapp is hardly going to change his mind now.

SLIGONIAN

Only in Ireland could you win 4 nil and play poorly (ref was harsh on them i thought), delighted as with Ireland all i care about is the result. Eastern Europe here we come.

Google search,,, campervan hire.. 8)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

seafoid

Quote from: dec on November 11, 2011, 09:24:52 PM
Quote from: Blue and White on November 11, 2011, 09:19:15 PM
Unreal! Get a hostel in Krakow booked! Robbie must have the international record for 6 yard tap ins!!  Will there be a fourth??

Put Tony Fearon in charge of getting the hotels booked.
The Real Tony Fearon
(8/11/03 8:37 am)

Get the hotels booked now!

In the sure and certain knowledge of being there on Sept 21st,i have reserved accommodation this morning,at a very reasonable rate,,for the 20 and 21st of Sept,at Citywest.I advise you to follow suit,as hotel space will be at a premium with premium rates come Sept 21 "

clarshack

great result - just a matter of putting in a professional performance on tuesday night.

J OGorman

Absolutely brilliant result, delighted. Pity it wasn't 10 odd years and a couple of kids ago and Id be busting a gut to get over to the tournament! Roll on the summer, the boys in green add something really special to these competitions!

Drawing England would be the icing on the cake

Great stuff

(this is assuming the world doesn't cave in on Tuesday night!)  ;D

Main Street

Quote from: Blue and White on November 12, 2011, 09:44:06 AM
Personally I'd love to see Coleman get a few games before the Euro's, I really rate him as a player.  When you consider the options we now have upfront, we'll have the best goalkeeper at the Euro's next June, a defence that wont be broken down easliy and a manager who's as cunning as a lighthouse rat, we have all the ingredients for a good 'tournament' side and none of the top sides will want us in their group.

Our defense wasn't really tested last night, but it's not hard to see that Kelly is defensively suspect, whereas Ward grew into the LB role after the first 15 minutes, when he needed some sharp assistance to help him out of a few holes.
If Coleman could play at RB he would have a very good chance to be in the squad and start some games, seeing as O'Shea picks up injuries. But as it is, he is vying for a wide  right midfield position.
There he just needs to prove himself ahead of Lawrence, who's also injury prone, in order to get into the squad.
Coleman will get his chance sometime in one of the upcoming friendlies.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Blue and White on November 12, 2011, 09:44:06 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 12, 2011, 08:31:06 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 11, 2011, 10:19:20 PM

class !

Glorious!
Amazing result, ireland never do it easy....can't score more than 2 goals in a game...great time to buck that trend. roll on next june, can't wait.
Dunphy is eejit...he hopes trap will change tactics and give players like coleman a chance before june, seriously? As if that will happen, dunphy is just lining up that angle so he has something to crow about for the next 8 months. While I agree with him about Coleman, trapp is hardly going to change his mind now.

Personally I'd love to see Coleman get a few games before the Euro's, I really rate him as a player.  When you consider the options we now have upfront, we'll have the best goalkeeper at the Euro's next June, a defence that wont be broken down easliy and a manager who's as cunning as a lighthouse rat, we have all the ingredients for a good 'tournament' side and none of the top sides will want us in their group.

I watched an old DVD I have called 'The Charlton years' last night just to bring back the memories, big Jack knew how to have us in the palm of his hand!

Ah steady on!