FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 11, 2011, 01:32:58 PM
Estonia are another Armenia imho. An early goal should send us on our way.

If we get there Spain or Germany would murder us
That to me is a moot point, getting there is a great achievement and I know the Saipanners on here will say 'what's the point' etc etc but the general lift a WC or Euro Champ provides the nation with is immeasurable IMO and as ballinaman says, it would be some session!

Jonah

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 11, 2011, 01:32:58 PM
Estonia are another Armenia imho. An early goal should send us on our way.

If we get there Spain or Germany would murder us.
I would fancy our chances v England though.

BennyCake

Estonia are no big shakes. Sure didn't the Faroes beat them?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: BennyCake on November 11, 2011, 01:49:17 PM
Estonia are no big shakes. Sure didn't the Faroes beat them?

Faroes nearly beat them twice. They got two goals in injury time to avoid losing to them the second time.

Jonathan Wilson of the Guardian who's an expert on Eastern European football said they are not a great team but they are good enough to take advantage of a side that makes mistakes.

michael d

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 11, 2011, 12:26:58 PM
that would be brilliant.

Croi, is that the Jacobs Biscuits sponsored shamrock? That was class. I think I have a hammer too :)

The one and only. Wonder where the old fyffe bananas went to as well? Ah memories, more happy ones here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J84XVo5WLxg&feature=player_embedded
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 11, 2011, 03:41:50 PM
that would be brilliant.

Croi, is that the Jacobs Biscuits sponsored shamrock? That was class. I think I have a hammer too :)

The one and only. Wonder where the old fyffe bananas went to as well? Ah memories, more happy ones here...

That was the precise moment the 1980s recession ended and the Celtic cub was born.
MWWSI 2017

Applesisapples

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 11, 2011, 03:41:50 PM
that would be brilliant.

Jesus that's some hair do Quinny has.

ross4life

Complacency will be a problem but we won't get many better chances to reach the European championship than this? Estonia are inconsistent can't judge them on results hopefully our guys are disciplined & don't make any silly mistakes, i think Trap would take a 0-0 now & i think the roar Irish crowd in the 2nd leg will get us over the line.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stew

Is this game on the web somewhere, the fecking soccer channels I have are showing the all important France USA friendly ffs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Denn Forever

According to the RTE news, Walters starts up front with Robbie Keane.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Forever Green

Walters going to have to step up tonight. Big ask throwing him into such an important game but I have been impressed with him when I have seen him for Stoke. Depends which Estonia shows up tonight, the team who got this far or the team who got beat 2-0 by the Faroe Islands. My prediction would be a 2-1 win for us. Tiocfaidh ar la

Jonah

Why is there a huge Union Jack in the main stand?

Declan