FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Very poor effort.
Id say it is because he has the potential to be brilliant but frustrates very often, however id still have him start every game.

Clown

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 10, 2011, 11:54:51 PM
Quote from: Clown on November 10, 2011, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 10, 2011, 03:51:49 PM
Quote from: Clown on November 10, 2011, 02:42:51 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 10, 2011, 12:13:04 PM
Quote from: Clown on November 10, 2011, 09:59:59 AM
Anthony Pilkington is playing better stuff for Norwich in my opinion - former irish u-21 international

Did I hear of him being mooted for the England Team on Football Focus?

Yeah, heard a rumour he was considering switching to play for England as he thought he'd a chance of a call up
Trap should have capped him by now for us

Pilkington scored 19 goals in 92 appearances for League One Huddersfield Town between 2009 and 2011. Hardly a glaring ommission from an international squad.

he's a midfielder so pointing to his goal record you just got from wikipedia doesn't say much, he's been very good so far this season and taken to the Premiership easily, u not watched him much i take it?

Im pretty sure he'd be a better option than Gibson, Keith Tracey Andy Keogh or the likes

To be fair, I'd thought he played up front which is entirely my own mistake. But I ask you, based on your knowledge of his performances in League One, on what grounds should Trappatoni have capped him for the Ireland senior team?

never saw much of him in League one, but should have got a call up for his performances in the EPL so far this year, but i understand Trap is a loyal old bugger, if we qualify i dont expect there to be many changes to his usual squads - ie Kilbane, McShane, Keogh etc

Jaysus there are some bitter people on this thread, who cares what the CEO is earning FFS. Would you rather we were sat at home next summer with cheering against the English our only pleasure

Stevie g 8

we need an away goal to make things a bit easier on tuesday,anyone know where i might get a ticket for return leg

Billys Boots

I understand that the tickets have been sold out for over a week - I hear from Estonia this morning that it'll cost you €250 for a ticket over there today.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dont Matter

Your man Keith Barry was on the radio and he gave his prediction. 2-1 he says. Said something like trying to influence the players or whatever. I stuck a fiver on at 17/2 just incase he's right.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 10, 2011, 08:59:03 PM
John Delaney on 400k makes me almost want them to lose.

Ah but he's a great man to get a few cans in for the traveling supporters, heard he's buying all round him again in Tallinn. If I cared about the future of Irish soccer that would do my nut in.

Anyways hope we get a decent result tonight and the match is bearable, a score draw will have me searching in the attic for my deflated shamrock.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 11, 2011, 12:01:32 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on November 10, 2011, 08:59:03 PM
John Delaney on 400k makes me almost want them to lose.

Ah but he's a great man to get a few cans in for the traveling supporters, heard he's buying all round him again in Tallinn. If I cared about the future of Irish soccer that would do my nut in.

Anyways hope we get a decent result tonight and the match is bearable, a score draw will have me searching in the attic for my deflated shamrock.
I think a watery 0-1 for Ireland will be the result tonight.

AZOffaly

that would be brilliant.

Croi, is that the Jacobs Biscuits sponsored shamrock? That was class. I think I have a hammer too :)

magpie seanie

I detect complacency. Are Estonia that bad?

AZOffaly

I dunno about complacancy. I was saying a 1-0 win away tonight would be a brilliant result.

Billys Boots

I haven't seen them, and their results are unpredictable.  If we put all loyalties aside; on paper we should be too strong for them - we should be a more accomplished side in terms of experience, organisation and ability.  What happens tonight is anyone's guess - if we get back to Dublin on level terms, I'd expect us to qualify.  I think the occasion may be too big for Estonia tonight; it's their first time to compete for such a large prize.  I have a slight fancy that we'll take a 1-0 lead home, and we'll repeat that also in Dublin. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 11, 2011, 12:49:48 PM
I detect complacency. Are Estonia that bad?

I wouldn't imagine, they finished 2nd to Italy.

Teamv · d · e Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
Italy 10 8 2 0 20 2 +18 26
Estonia 10 5 1 4 15 14 +1 16
Serbia 10 4 3 3 13 12 +1 15
Slovenia 10 4 2 4 11 7 +4 14
Northern Ireland 10 2 3 5 9 13 −4 9
Faroe Islands 10 1 1 8 6 26 −20 4
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Doogie Browser

It is harder than ever to win away from home these days in Europe, as someone said when the draw was made Ireland are in a position that they are not comfortable with i.e. favourites

Capt Pat

Estonia are another Armenia imho. An early goal should send us on our way.

If we get there Spain or Germany would murder us.

ballinaman

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 11, 2011, 01:32:58 PM
Estonia are another Armenia imho. An early goal should send us on our way.

If we get there Spain or Germany would murder us.

True, be some session though.