FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: Main Street on October 12, 2011, 11:52:13 PM
Well lets see,
your team have a chance of playing Ireland, Portugal,  Croatia or the Czech republic?

I'd say we would be in top demand by every unseeded team.

maybe 10/15 years ago..damp squid these days

Declan

QuoteBut Ward (I think) is capable of playing better, at least he appears to play reasonable for Wolves, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Agree - the biggest criticiism he got against Russia was that he left a huge gap on his flank by going inside and following Arshavin - The fact is that's what Trap told him to do and he expected McGeady to do the tracking back- In fact Ward was told he "did" a good job - Not that I agree btw.
His passing is better than Kilbane's ever was  but the fact remains that they are both converted full backs and unless Trap decides to switch O'Shea across and play Coleman which he won't do they will remain the options available.

clarshack

Quote from: Main Street on October 12, 2011, 11:52:13 PM
Well lets see,
your team have a chance of playing Ireland, Portugal,  Croatia or the Czech republic?

I'd say we would be in top demand by every unseeded team.

i'd say all the unseeded teams would want the Czechs before Ireland.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

highorlow

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

highorlow

Czech Rep v Montenegro

We are playing away on 1st leg I think...

Shamrock Shore

AZOffaly

In fairness that's about as sweet a draw as they could get. Estonia away first. Benson and Hedges versus Portugal should be a great tie.

Doogie Browser

In fairness probably the best draw we could have got, still, no pushovers nowadays.

J OGorman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2011, 12:17:14 PM
In fairness that's about as sweet a draw as they could get. Estonia away first. Benson and Hedges versus Portugal should be a great tie.

happy with that

let the scramble commence!

AZOffaly

Can I be the first to say 'There are no easy games at international level these days'? Thanks.

Galwaybhoy

Delighted with the draw.  I'd be pretty confident except for the fact Keane might not be back and we could struggle to score goals without him especially with Doyle missing the first game as well.

Billys Boots

That really couldn't have been any better - let's hope they can get the job done now. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...