PuC and the Liam Miller Fundraiser

Started by Baile Brigín 2, July 18, 2018, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: Hound on September 25, 2018, 07:37:35 PM
Fair play to all, seemed like a good event. I imagine ManU fans in particular would have enjoyed it, some great moments from the class of 92, even an ABU like me loved the banter between Butt and Neville!

Although, given it was played in a GAA ground, it was sticking out that Dublin still managed to win it!

Very good.

rosnarun

Quote from: trailer on September 25, 2018, 04:39:28 PM
Wonder how much will be raised and what they will do with the money? Was a figure released does anyone know?

I hope the Cork county board got their 30 pieces of silver anyway
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

LeoMc

Quote from: rosnarun on September 27, 2018, 12:04:58 PM
Wonder how much will be raised and what they will do with the money? Was a figure released does anyone know?

Who did they sell out?

Baile Brigín 2

was the issue not the 30m pieces they took?

rosnarun

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 27, 2018, 09:14:44 PM

every sport gets grants and it doest mean they no longer have any control over what happens their stadiums or facilities.that is a complete red herring

Who did they sell out . read a history book on the GAA will ye.
they opened the pitch to a crowd of backslapping  millionaires i what even they were ashamed to call a charity match .it was a PR excercize  most of them could easily written a cheque to cover what was made in ticket sales .  Soccer Is  the major competitor to the GAA and allowing them to Freeload on the stadiums built by hard Working GAA Club members while John Delaney pockets a fortune every year to lead what they claim is the biggest sport in the country which does not own one decent pitch and any decent players are sent aboard
ts vey sad That a young family man like Liam Miller died but playing a match in PUC will not do anything to alleviate that ,
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

dublin7

Quote from: rosnarun on September 28, 2018, 11:06:02 AM

every sport gets grants and it doest mean they no longer have any control over what happens their stadiums or facilities.that is a complete red herring

they opened the pitch to a crowd of backslapping  millionaires i what even they were ashamed to call a charity match .it was a PR excercize  most of them could easily written a cheque to cover what was made in ticket sales .  Soccer Is  the major competitor to the GAA and allowing them to Freeload on the stadiums built by hard Working GAA Club members while John Delaney pockets a fortune every year to lead what they claim is the biggest sport in the country which does not own one decent pitch and any decent players are sent aboard
ts vey sad That a young family man like Liam Miller died but playing a match in PUC will not do anything to alleviate that ,
Let it go. The fact so many players turned up for this to me shows how popular he was with his teamates. If you're so bitter you can't let a wdiow and kids have a day dedicated to their husband/father then I feel sorry for you.

Baile Brigín 2

Its not a red herring. The specific document they signed explicitly ceding control has been linked to. Cork County Board took money explicitly on the agreement they would host events like this.

It was a chatiry event, for a hospice, and you have no idea what individuals contributed.

You are blaming Delaney because there is more money in English soccer than Irish? Really? Out of interest what does his GAA equivalent earn?

They own plenty of decent stadia, thats a red herring. They just dont need a 45,000 seater in Cork. The place they have there is fit for purpose and better than most county grounds.

Its not about 'allieviating' his death. It was abour Cork celebrating him and making money for the hospice he died in. That this offends you says more about you then them. Duff wasnt completely wrong, you need watching.

snoopdog

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 28, 2018, 02:16:47 PM

Its not a red herring. The specific document they signed explicitly ceding control has been linked to. Cork County Board took money explicitly on the agreement they would host events like this.

It was a chatiry event, for a hospice, and you have no idea what individuals contributed.

You are blaming Delaney because there is more money in English soccer than Irish? Really? Out of interest what does his GAA equivalent earn?

They own plenty of decent stadia, thats a red herring. They just dont need a 45,000 seater in Cork. The place they have there is fit for purpose and better than most county grounds.

Its not about 'allieviating' his death. It was abour Cork celebrating him and making money for the hospice he died in. That this offends you says more about you then them. Duff wasnt completely wrong, you need watching.
Where are these decent stadia the FAI own? Bar Tallaght which was built by the city council. ?  Didnt cork citys shed blow away last year.

Rossfan

Rosnarun  isn't the only one who "needs watching" .
The " great Gael" Brigín is showing his soccer loving narrow mindedness again.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: snoopdog on September 28, 2018, 03:45:28 PM

Where are these decent stadia the FAI own? Bar Tallaght which was built by the city council. ?  Didnt cork citys shed blow away last year.
Soccer assosciations dont generally own stadia, usually the clubs do. The FAI as far as I know own (half) of LR, Turners Cross, Deacy Park and United Park. But my point was LoI faciities are the same as county grounds. Some good, some bad, some terrible, and rarely full. The difference is size, why would they build bigger?

I recall that. During a hurricane was it not? Is there a point there?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on September 28, 2018, 04:00:23 PM
Rosnarun  isn't the only one who "needs watching" .
The " great Gael" Brigín is showing his soccer loving narrow mindedness again.
Yeah, thinking that the GAA ballsed this up makes me the narrow minded one. Thinking that hating soccee should not guide GAA policy meams I love it.

Get up the yard you clown

Rossfan

The nasty comment -typical soccer yobbishness ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

omaghjoe

I was ok with soccer b4 this fiasco and ok with this match being played in PuC, Croker being opened up, and Healy being used inn 98.

But some of crap that has come from the soccer crowd has made me think twice about that. The entitlement and self righteousness they have displayed makes me think fuk em for any future tournaments they want to hold using GAA grounds.

snoopdog

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 28, 2018, 05:15:27 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on September 28, 2018, 03:45:28 PM

Soccer assosciations dont generally own stadia, usually the clubs do. The FAI as far as I know own (half) of LR, Turners Cross, Deacy Park and United Park. But my point was LoI faciities are the same as county grounds. Some good, some bad, some terrible, and rarely full. The difference is size, why would they build bigger?

I recall that. During a hurricane was it not? Is there a point there?
I would say very few soccer grounds are up to most county ground standards.

dublin7

The GAA has too many large grounds around the country. Thurles, Limerick and now cork all with 40k seater stadiums in munster alone. Might only be full once or twice a year if they are lucky.

Cork city have a ground with a capacity of 7/8k which suits  them perfectly. Hopefully Waterford co board show some common sense unlike their provincial colleagues and build a smaller ground more suitable to their needs.