New car

Started by DuffleKing, August 04, 2011, 06:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Rois on August 05, 2011, 12:20:33 AM
Well the guy I was working with had one of his go, then made a big song and dance about it till Audi replaced all four free of charge, whether they were tested or not I'm not sure and know feck all about car parts, except for what the dashboard warning lights tell me.
At least look for a warranty from the dealer beyond 3 months.

Do they ever warn: "you've put on enough mascara now for jaysis sake would you keep your eyes on the road"?

Rois

Quote from: Puckoon on August 05, 2011, 12:43:42 AM

Do they ever warn: "you've put on enough mascara now for jaysis sake would you keep your eyes on the road"?
Oh ha ha.

Back on new cars, not due one for another yr and a half, but was thinking VW Sirrocco til I saw how many of them were around.
Quite like the look of Alfa GTs.
Not sure if I'm ready to relinquish the convertible aspect of my driving experience just yet though, still makes driving fun and limits the boredom because you can change the look of the car at the touch of a button (obv when it isn't raining).

mylestheslasher

I wouldn't take an alfa if you paid me to!

If a person was looking for a smaller car with a bit of nip the 1.8td Ford Focus in a 08 is a good yoke too. Bit of power and in the south €150 to tax. I believe the Golf is the same but you'll pay more for it.

Santino

Anyone any bad experiernces with a Audi A5?
Trying to decide between it and a 3rd series BMW....

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Family guy on August 04, 2011, 06:24:08 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 04, 2011, 06:21:57 PM
If you are buying brand new and don't want huge expense I think the Skoda Octavia is a fine car.

Yeah skoda a sound car alrite,fairly easy 2 run etc,alot of taxi men in belfast drive them

Scrapped the old car for the 1.2 TSI Octavia there in June, 105bhp, unbelievably nippy for a 1.2, has more bhp than our other car, a 1.6 A3. You do have to get your gear selection right though but apart from that it's a dream to drive. Only filled the tank 3 times and it's easily done 1,500 km. Take your foot off the gas and the fuel consumption goes down to ZERO, standing in traffic it's 0.7.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

FermGael

Looks like i am going to have to buy a new car.
Budget of £7'500 to about £10'000.

Looking At something for 08 onwards and would need something that is good on the juice.
Currently driving over 500 mile per week.

Any suggestions for models ??
Any one ever taken a fleet car from England?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Pangurban

With a budget of 7500£to 10,000 £ its a no brainer, low milage Mondeo the optimum choice

Armagh Cúchulainns

Quote from: FermGael on October 26, 2011, 02:54:49 PM
Looks like i am going to have to buy a new car.
Budget of £7'500 to about £10'000.

Looking At something for 08 onwards and would need something that is good on the juice.
Currently driving over 500 mile per week.

Any suggestions for models ??
Any one ever taken a fleet car from England?

I upgraded to a passat in may - 2008 1.9 tdi
good on the juice (for me anyway) - doing a full tank 650-700miles a week.
Car was ex fleet as far as i could tell from history and the fact that a work folder was left sitting in beside spare wheel although i bought from dealer
Its all about the Hurling.

omagh_gael

Anyone any experience with the Kia Cee'd? Think it's a decent looking motor, with good mpg, 0% finance and 7 year warranty. Seems like a good deal.

muppet

Quote from: omagh_gael on October 26, 2011, 09:29:02 PM
Anyone any experience with the Kia Cee'd? Think it's a decent looking motor, with good mpg, 0% finance and 7 year warranty. Seems like a good deal.

Great car but unlikely to impress the chicks (unless you are buying it for them).
MWWSI 2017

Jonah

Quote from: muppet on October 26, 2011, 09:42:12 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on October 26, 2011, 09:29:02 PM

Great car but unlikely to impress the chicks (unless you are buying it for them).

Cars like Kia and Hyundai have really come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years.
I have one of the new Kia Sorento's and I love it.
I do believe there is little between most cars nowadays, obviously there is a bit of a leap to the luxury car sector like Lexus,Audi,BMW etc but other than that be it Ford,Toyota,Kia,Skoda they are all pretty much the same in terms of quality IMO.

Candyman

Buy a petrol and get a gas conversion!! :-D

tbrick18

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 05, 2011, 10:15:49 AM
I wouldn't take an alfa if you paid me to!

If a person was looking for a smaller car with a bit of nip the 1.8td Ford Focus in a 08 is a good yoke too. Bit of power and in the south €150 to tax. I believe the Golf is the same but you'll pay more for it.

I've had 2 alfa 156's.....both were great cars and never gave any bother apart from the norm of bushings etc.
Really good on diesel too and plenty of power.
The 159 replaced it, but I dont know much about them.
Alfa's do get a bad rep, but a great driving car and in my experience didnt give any bother.
One thing though, it's really difficult to get non-genuine parts for an alfa so mostly if you need anything you have to buy it off an alfa dealer. So parts are pricey....but probably no worse than bmw or audi.
for me if I was choosing between 320D, A4 or 159 I'd go Alfa every time.

southdown

trileacman

Quote from: southdown on October 28, 2011, 10:09:28 AM
Anyone any experience of these (Mazda RX8)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201142422746264/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-age/up_to_5_years_old/model/rx8/make/mazda/postcode/l177dj/radius/30/page/1?logcode=p

Cannot believe how cheap they are for a 5 year old car, £3-5K seems to be the going rate.
The came with a rotary engine back in the day, a very complicated and inefficient system it was too. Don't know if that was still the case. For me i'd stick with a 4 cylinder in line.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014