AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Did some genius switch Hawkeye off after the 70 minutes were up? Perhaps Croke Park are paying for Hawkeye by the minute, so switched it off to save money.

Yes, I saw lots of drunk Armagh fans in the stadium. Perhaps thats a downside of running a train special. But I didnt see any abuse in the walkways or outside the stadium. Myself and others shook hands with the Farney men and wished them luck.

I also applauded every good score from both sides in the Kerry Tyrone drubbing. The two british sides playing on Saturday just were not good enough. Feck it Orior, delete that line, lol.

Overall, I think we were just unlucky. In full time and extra time, the match could have gone one way or the other. Monaghan just edged it on killer instinct.

The journey home was awful too. When we reaching the single lane at Dundalk, who were the buck ejits racing up the hard shoulder? I got home about 12:30am

Finally, why are keepers allowed to wear the same colours as the ref? This was never an issue until keepers started playing outfield.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Throw ball

Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2023, 04:15:50 PM
Did some genius switch Hawkeye off after the 70 minutes were up? Perhaps Croke Park are paying for Hawkeye by the minute, so switched it off to save money.

Yes, I saw lots of drunk Armagh fans in the stadium. Perhaps thats a downside of running a train special. But I didnt see any abuse in the walkways or outside the stadium. Myself and others shook hands with the Farney men and wished them luck.

I also applauded every good score from both sides in the Kerry Tyrone drubbing. The two british sides playing on Saturday just were not good enough. Feck it Orior, delete that line, lol.

Overall, I think we were just unlucky. In full time and extra time, the match could have gone one way or the other. Monaghan just edged it on killer instinct.

The journey home was awful too. When we reaching the single lane at Dundalk, who were the buck ejits racing up the hard shoulder? I got home about 12:30am

Finally, why are keepers allowed to wear the same colours as the ref? This was never an issue until keepers started playing outfield.

Good points and you did well to get home for 12.30. The bit on keepers and referees wearing the same colours is 100%.

I don't get Tyrone fans getting annoyed about Armagh fans cheering Kerry. Is that not part of local rivalry. I don't like the goading as you leave the ground though. Same thing happened me when Armagh lost to Fermanagh in 2004 and I had to get home. Tyrone ones gave me plenty of grief.

With the traffic tailbacks yesterday the Tyrone game had stopped being a contest by the time I got in.

Harold Disgracey

I took a chance and headed down Collins Avenue and up the N2 on my way home last night, there was very little traffic on the road and I was home at 11pm.

Throw ball

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 02, 2023, 04:40:22 PM
I took a chance and headed down Collins Avenue and up the N2 on my way home last night, there was very little traffic on the road and I was home at 11pm.

Show off

grounded

Quote from: Main Street on July 02, 2023, 03:17:09 AM
Quote from: grounded on July 01, 2023, 11:37:17 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 01, 2023, 09:27:33 PM
Quote from: grounded on July 01, 2023, 09:24:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2023, 08:47:56 PM
Fair fucks Monaghan.

Keep coming year after year putting larger counties to shame.

Absolutely. Punching way above their weight year after year and good luck to them in the semi final.
We don't, this is our weight. We have a good academy structure, an excellent ethos and a good future. We are Monaghan!

Clearly you have those attributes in abundance but i was referring more to the county in terms population and consequently number of  senior clubs/players.
       Over the moon for you and good luck the next day.
It's just this 'punching above our weight' bit has run its course a long time ago, even when the statement (as yours) was made totally without malice.  Monaghan has a population similar to many other counties, eg. Roscommon, Sligo, maybe  a bit less than Cavan.  Once upon a time Monaghan had one of the lowest populations and regarded as impoverished, but not any more, we've been breeding like rabbits these last 3 decades. It was considered our honourable duty to do so for the cause of Monaghan football and raise our economic prowess.
When the Rossies have their pecker up, nobody puts it out that the Rossies are punching above their weight. Sligo have made great strides with their underage,  all counties have a similar opportunity to make the most of developing their gaelic footballers, apart from Dublin that is, who have a permanent one arm bandit that hits jackpot with every pull.

' Ridin for Sam ' !   I love it. And again good luck the next day against the Dubs.

Gold

f**k anyone who was on the Tyrone supporters bus and launched a full tin of beer out of the bus from 5he inside lane towards us coming from behind in the overtaking lane at 70mph at about 930pm near the toll

Went under our car but when it was first in the air as we drove towards It I thought we were dead

Tyrone wife and fans in my car wanted the bus pulled over. Driver of small mini bus apologeticly waved and Tyrone fans were young and appeared full drunk or sleeping on their bus

So it wasn't all Armagh but f**k me, dangerous

What's the point of the likes of them being near a game

Wankers
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

NO Tyrone "supporters" were involved in this fracas, please note!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 02, 2023, 08:09:42 PM

They were already heading up the road by then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2023, 08:11:30 PM

We're no angels, but misattribution is a fecking curse!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AustinPowers

Quote from: Gold on July 02, 2023, 07:57:38 PM
f**k anyone who was on the Tyrone supporters bus and launched a full tin of beer out of the bus from 5he inside lane towards us coming from behind in the overtaking lane at 70mph at about 930pm near the toll

Went under our car but when it was first in the air as we drove towards It I thought we were dead

Tyrone wife and fans in my car wanted the bus pulled over. Driver of small mini bus apologeticly waved and Tyrone fans were young and appeared full drunk or sleeping on their bus

So it wasn't all Armagh but f**k me, dangerous

What's the point of the likes of them being near a game

Wankers

Jesus , what the  feck is wrong  with people?

The amount of  drunk supporters  at matches needs looking at. I don't buy this  lifetime ban from games. How does a  turnstile operator in Croke Park (or anywhere )  police this ?  Will the gaa  circulate  a poster to all grounds with mugshots of  those fans on the banned  list ?  If you  head into a nightclub  pissed , you likely won't be allowed in.  Same should apply  for  gaa matches

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 02, 2023, 08:19:09 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2023, 08:11:30 PM

We're no angels, but misattribution is a fecking curse!  ;)
She certainly is with drink taken
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

An Watcher

I find it hard to criticise young ones drunk at football matches because I was at plenty of games drunk back in the day.  Yesterday I was on the hill sober and the number of drunk people was crazy.  Not great

tbrick18

Just saw mcgeeney interview, thought he was going to cry.
Some bit if yapping.

Plain and simple, Armagh are not good enough.
Mcgeeney isn't good enough.
Players don't have the strength of character to hold the nerve in a penalty shoot out. Couldn't even beat a derry team that lost their manager a few days before an Ulster final.

I don't buy this talk about them having better players than they show.
Forker is a top player, after that nobody you could rely on.
As for Rian, Armagh played better without him in their last game. He gets 1 point from play at the end of extra time yesterday, good point it was but you need more from a supposed star.

Angus MacGyver

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 02, 2023, 11:09:58 PM
Just saw mcgeeney interview, thought he was going to cry.
Some bit if yapping.

Plain and simple, Armagh are not good enough.
Mcgeeney isn't good enough.
Players don't have the strength of character to hold the nerve in a penalty shoot out. Couldn't even beat a derry team that lost their manager a few days before an Ulster final.

I don't buy this talk about them having better players than they show.
Forker is a top player, after that nobody you could rely on.
As for Rian, Armagh played better without him in their last game. He gets 1 point from play at the end of extra time yesterday, good point it was but you need more from a supposed star.
100% agree
Who are these supposed great Armagh forwards? And why didn't they hit a few penalties?