American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2017, 01:22:14 PM

The Falcons D was absolutely out on its feet. It was fast, it was young, it was eager, and when it was getting pressure on Brady, he looked anything but the GOAT. The right guard, and especially the right tackle (Cannon?) were being beaten like drums.

It was Solder that was getting destroyed. Cannon had a great game. Completely negated Beasley.

What a game though. The 4th quarter catches by Jones and Edelman were worth staying up for by themselves.

Once the Pats won the toss for overtime you knew it was game over. The Falcons defence was reeling and completely spent by then. Couldn't generate a pass rush any more and Brady just carved them apart.

AZOffaly

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 06, 2017, 07:38:06 PM

The Falcons D was absolutely out on its feet. It was fast, it was young, it was eager, and when it was getting pressure on Brady, he looked anything but the GOAT. The right guard, and especially the right tackle (Cannon?) were being beaten like drums.

It was Solder that was getting destroyed. Cannon had a great game. Completely negated Beasley.

Solder got destroyed as well but Cannon gave up at least 2 sacks. He was a mess. Beasley rarely lined up over him. The lad that had 3 sacks got two from the right. In fact the first sack cannon actually brought down Brady as he fell into him.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2017, 07:41:28 PM

Solder got destroyed as well but Cannon gave up at least 2 sacks. He was a mess. Beasley rarely lined up over him. The lad that had 3 sacks got two from the right. In fact the first sack cannon actually brought down Brady as he fell into him.

Couldn't have been Cannon. PFF gave him the highest grade of any player on the Pats offence.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article130960524.html

I was also surprised as Cannon was terrible last season.

Minder

How did James White not get MVP? I know it's almost always the QB, but still
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 06, 2017, 07:46:19 PM

Couldn't have been Cannon. PFF gave him the highest grade of any player on the Pats offence.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article130960524.html

It was Mason that fell into Brady, but canon gave up the next sack. Whiffed on a block. The he gave up another and was in bother until the 4th quarter. I'll watch the all 22 back but that's what I thought looking at it anyway.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2017, 07:50:53 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 06, 2017, 07:46:19 PM

It was Mason that fell into Brady, but canon gave up the next sack. Whiffed on a block. The he gave up another and was in bother until the 4th quarter. I'll watch the all 22 back but that's what I thought looking at it anyway.

If he was giving up sacks there is no way he would have been graded so high. He'd have gotten huge down marks for giving up pressures let alone sacks. I'm only going by their marking system though as only watched the game once.

AZOffaly

I'll take a look. I just checked that second sack again and it was definitely him who missed Jarrett, but he came off Beasley because the Falcons ran a stunt.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: heganboy on February 06, 2017, 07:00:52 PM
lost the challenge on the edelman catch, that was the loss of the last time out.
Play calling as soon as the Falcons got to field goal territory was crazy. Surely using the clock as much as possible and controlling the ball would have been the risk management move?
Not taking a knee on the kick off was bizarre.
there were a few others.
I did laugh at all the NY fans bitching that the winning TD should not have been given as the knee was down...

Brilliant by Edelman but am I right in saying the ball was held up by bouncing of the defenders shin so he got a second chance of catching it
If his leg wasnt there then incomplete
Those where the margins
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

gallsman

No, Edelman got his hands to it as it was about to hit the leg. From the first replay on the extended highlights you can see that the thing touches nothing but edelman's hands. It's not like Kearse two years ago.

The second grab at it was simply stunning. The thing was an inch off the turf!

gallsman

Scratch that, have seen another view where it does got the leg. He got his hand in underneath first though.

magpie seanie

Hitting the leg bought him the split second he needed.

gallsman

Incredible Cavs-Wizards game last night featuring some unreal stuff down the stretch from LeBron.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2017, 10:25:41 PM
Incredible Cavs-Wizards game last night featuring some unreal stuff down the stretch from LeBron.

Have you ever sat through a regular season NBA game? The players don't give a fiddlers fart and the fans are worse.

College basketball is tremendous, a far better product, the NBA is a show until,the playoffs, that said March Madness blows the NBA playoffs out of the water.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

The Charles Oakley and Knicks stuff is comical and incredible at the same time.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on February 09, 2017, 03:56:55 PM
The Charles Oakley and Knicks stuff is comical and incredible at the same time.

It's a bit sad to see an old player getting shoved out like that. Oakley is adamant he didn't say anything, but Dolan is saying he was abusive. Dolan appears, on other occasions, to be a bit of a dick.