American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

cadhlancian

McCarthy and the Packers haven't and refuse to try and reinvent themselves. Belichick has done it in New England, you have to keep evolving or you'll get left behind. Rodgers is running the same offense as 5 years ago.
Rodgers is also a significant part of the problem. He's talented no doubt, , but its no secret that he isn't liked that much in GB. Various past players have called him out , and just isn't a leader . Himself and McCarthy clearly don't see eye to eye , I think McCarthy was OC in SAN Fran when they passed on him for Alex Smith, I'd say he resents him for that possibly?
Anyways, one of them will be leaving , and it won't be Aaron...

gawa316

Raiders pull it off again. Carr is a serious operator.

USC game got moved to 12.30 meaning I can now go. Rose Bowl is a sight to be hold on game day, can't wait.

stew

Quote from: cadhlancian on November 22, 2016, 11:37:05 PM
McCarthy and the Packers haven't and refuse to try and reinvent themselves. Belichick has done it in New England, you have to keep evolving or you'll get left behind. Rodgers is running the same offense as 5 years ago.
Rodgers is also a significant part of the problem. He's talented no doubt, , but its no secret that he isn't liked that much in GB. Various past players have called him out , and just isn't a leader . Himself and McCarthy clearly don't see eye to eye , I think McCarthy was OC in SAN Fran when they passed on him for Alex Smith, I'd say he resents him for that possibly?
Anyways, one of them will be leaving , and it won't be Aaron...

Rodgers is revered in Green Bay, its just that he replaced Favre, now he was a man they idolized as much, if not more than Bart Starr.

If that tube missed on Aaron Rodgers he deserves to be fired, the man is one of the all time great quarterbacks.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on November 22, 2016, 02:14:26 AM
Pity Auburn lost the Deep South rivalry against Georgia but it was always a real possibility. Alabama the best in the nation by a distance.. no chance War Eagle comes to Tuscaloosa and sends the playoffs into chaos? Yeah, right..

Iron Bowl and 'The Game' the best matchups going on rivalry Saturday. Can Penn State break into the top four?

If Ohio State beat Michigan, and Penn State win their last game, Penn State will go to the Big 10 Championship Game because they'll have the head to head over Ohio State. If they then win that game, they'll surely be in. The only question would be whether Ohio State would join them. Alabama can lose the Iron Bowl and will still be #1 I believe. They're clearly the best team this year so far. Clemson should be in as well. So the intrigue will be if Ohio State wins, and Penn State wins the Big 10, will Ohio State and Penn State be in, or will it be Penn State and Oklahoma or Washington, assuming they win their conferences.

I should say that the same probably applies to Wisconsin if it's themselves and PEnn State in the Big 10 title game.

Oraisteach

tyroneman

Raiders O is as good as any in the league and that's with a very average lead back.

If MEJ and/or Alden Sith were available they would be real contenders. As it is they need another season sorting out the D, including getting a Top class D coordinator

Oraisteach

Ohio State beats Michigan 30-27 in 2 OT.  Kicker had missed two easy chip field goals during game, but DEF comes through yet again with interceptions.  Go Bucks!

heganboy

Contest to see who had.a worse offense. Horrible game.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

But if you have a rooting interest, hegan, it was thrilling.  Luckily, the game is about defense as well as offense.  Now, can Sparty pull an upset and beat the Nitany Lions?

magpie seanie

Alabama are wrecking this. They're just too good.

Did Lamar Jackson lose the Heisman with that costly late fumble? Video game numbers all year. Who'd be the other contenders?

AZOffaly

Main one is probably desean Watson at Clemson.

Syferus

Auburn played hard in the Iron Bowl, their defense living up to billing, but they got nothing on offense for the second big game in succession. White was nothing special all year but at his best he gave balance to what could be a devestating running game. But when you're one dimensional the good teams find you out. Auburn need to find a QB for next year, and you wonder if Mr. Last Chance U JF3 is the answer. Malzahn has survived a season that could have ended his tenure but the seat will be hot again next year in the Plains.

Now that there's no conflict of interest.. Roll Tide. On the verge of becoming the best team there ever was in college football.

AZOffaly

You have to admire Saban and the tide, but I hope someone else beats them this year. Not sure Ohio State are that someone, in fact I don't know that that someone exists. If you look at the main contenders now, it's probably Clemson, Alabama, and then any 2 from Penn State/Wisconsin or Ohio State/Washington/Oklahoma.

I think Washington dodged a bullet in USC, which is a much different team than it was in the early weeks, and they should beat Colorado. Is that good enough to get in? Would they take 2 from the Big10? And if not, surely they can't take out Penn State if they beat Wisconsin, as they already beat OSU. If Wisconsin wins, maybe OSU jumps them.

All very interesting.