Glenswilly 0-3 St Eunan's 0-2 : The lowest scoring GAA match ever?

Started by BennyCake, July 25, 2016, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 25, 2016, 11:50:43 PM
The notorious Windmill GFC (pronounced 'the Wine-mill') won and lost a few games 2 points to 1 as I recall. The Windmill field sloped R-L but their innovative groundsman mowed the rushes to hide the slope so it looked level.    If you were playing up the hill your full back was standing knee-deep in rushes!

The story goes that when playing downhill the attacking team lost the ball in the rushes and their forward kicked a hare over the bar!

There should be a film about these boys (and women)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cadhlancian

Quote from: laoislad on July 25, 2016, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 25, 2016, 09:46:54 PM
We won an U16 hurling match once 0-01 to 0-00.

Does that count?
It only counts if it happened in Ulster. Like everything else on this board.
feck up you partitionist p***k!

muppet

The notorious Windmill GFC (pronounced 'the Wine-mill') won and lost a few games 2 points to 1 as I recall. The Windmill field sloped R-L but their innovative groundsman mowed the rushes to hide the slope so it looked level.    If you were playing up the hill your full back was standing knee-deep in rushes!

The story goes that when playing downhill the attacking team lost the ball in the rushes and their forward kicked a hare over the bar!

Did they use hawkeye?

MWWSI 2017

sensethetone

Quote from: ONeill on July 26, 2016, 12:17:15 AM

There should be a film about these boys (and women)
Heard that outfit had to stop a match one time because a badger came onto the field.

rosnarun

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 25, 2016, 09:46:54 PM
We won an U16 hurling match once 0-01 to 0-00.

Does that count?
was that match actually played . local papers often use 0-01 to 0-00 for conceded games .
Im amanzed in over 125 years of Matches no one has ever heard of a scoreless Draw.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Harold Disgracey

http://www.gaacork.ie/contentPage/4600/county_board

The first County Championship game took place on March 6th at Cork Park, a scoreless draw between Emmetts and Lees in the football championship. Lees won the replay and went on to contest the final against Lisgoold, who took three games to overcome neighbours Midleton.
The score in the County Final was Lees two points, two forfeit points to Lisgoold's one point.

Keane

glolm :D :D :D

omaghjoe

Quote from: Keane on July 26, 2016, 02:44:52 PM

There was some serious precision applied trigonometry goin on there.

Jinxy

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 26, 2016, 02:38:11 PM
http://www.gaacork.ie/contentPage/4600/county_board

The first County Championship game took place on March 6th at Cork Park, a scoreless draw between Emmetts and Lees in the football championship. Lees won the replay and went on to contest the final against Lisgoold, who took three games to overcome neighbours Midleton.
The score in the County Final was Lees two points, two forfeit points to Lisgoold's one point.

It's hard to kick points when you are half dead from consumption and woodbines.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

manfromdelmonte

ah, but according to Jimmy, Donegal football is different due to the wind and storms etc

they have a natural handpassing style

ONeill

Quote from: Keane on July 26, 2016, 02:44:52 PM

Just to be keepin up with the younguns before I head back, what's glolm?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Glenswilly beat Glenfin 7-14 to 4-6 today. There were shitloads of goals in many of the other Donegal league matches this weekend.

Is THAT scoreline going to make breathless national headlines regarding the disastrous state of Donegal football?

theticklemister

lenny

Quote from: J70 on September 19, 2016, 12:34:53 AM
Glenswilly beat Glenfin 7-14 to 4-6 today. There were shitloads of goals in many of the other Donegal league matches this weekend.

Is THAT scoreline going to make breathless national headlines regarding the disastrous state of Donegal football?

It just goes to show youse have spent that long using the blanket defence that players can't defend man to man any more.

theskull1

Is it possible men were replaced by blankets going into the game
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera