The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr Ted

My point being Giles and Co never give Liverpool any credit any time they are on RTE, Brady said he thought Barca would win comfortabley, implying the reds had'nt a hope in hell

J70

Quote from: Fr Ted on February 22, 2007, 12:36:41 PM
My point being Giles and Co never give Liverpool any credit any time they are on RTE, Brady said he thought Barca would win comfortabley, implying the reds had'nt a hope in hell

And I thought it was only United they had it in for! :P

Brady's there to give his opinion and his prediction was hardly that controversial. Predicting results is not an exact science, and when playing to their capabilities and with a bit of unity, Barcelona are probably well ahead of Liverpool.

The Real Laoislad

NEWS STORY
BELLAMY: MY BEST MOMENT IN FOOTBALL
Jimmy Rice 21 February 2007 
  Craig Bellamy declared Wednesday night's victory in the Nou Camp his greatest moment in football. 
The Reds achieved an historic win over Barca with strikes from Bellamy and John Arne Riise – an irony not lost on the Welshman.

"You couldn't make up what has happened tonight," he said. "I've not been reading the papers so I've not been too bothered what people say.

"All I wanted to do was make the most of the special atmosphere and the build up to the game. I've been reasonably lucky in football, playing for my country and other big clubs, but this is my best moment in the game.

However, despite two away goals, the striker insists no one at Anfield will be getting carried away.

He said: "It was important at the final whistle that we didn't milk the victory. The dressing room was actually quite subdued afterwards. Well, as subdued as it can be after a win at the Nou Camp.

"This is a great result but it is only half-time. We've got to go back to Anfield for a completely different game, so as good a result as this is, there's still a long way to go.

"I take the rough with the smooth and to be honest I'm a bit gobsmacked tonight - coming here to the Nou Camp was something else. It's also my boy's 10th birthday today so it's just been really special.

"We wanted to hold them out for as long as possible but we knew it was going to be difficult. They are a top, top side and the reigning champions of Europe, but we've done a lot of work to prepare for this game and I think you could see that."

Meanwhile, Riise paid tribute to Rafa's tactical prowess.

He said: "We knew we needed to enjoy it out there and believe in ourselves. To be fair we started the game very well. They scored but we knew that if we worked hard we would get a goal back.

"The boss has shown tonight that, tactically, he's one of the best around." 

You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Feckin' great result, still on a high about it. Once we had the self belief to have ago we showed them up for what they are. How easy do those barca bastards fall over though? I never seen as much diving and theatrics in my life

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on February 20, 2007, 10:02:48 AM
Is Voronin really what we are looking for? 5 goals this season, 6 in 40 appearances for Ukraine. He is not exactly the kind of blue chip player i thought we would be going for with our apparent new wealth.I have a feeling we will be another 8-10 goal a season man and we have enough of those......

Was watching Bayer Lev against Blackburn last night and yer man Voronin was playing.Didn't really see a whole lot to impress me about him to be honest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dubh driocht

Thought the same myself Laoislad but in Rafa we must trust.Anyone booking for Athens?

Hound

Voronin has 6 goals in 21 appearances for Leverkusen this season, and at international level he has 5 in 40.

Prolific!

And to top it off he has a lovely blonde pony tail, which is always a good sign...

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Syd The Sailor

Hes not exactly what we are looking for, we need somebody to give us 20-25 goals a season, i know they sont come cheap but the money should be there now......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Of course he is coming on a free transfer so lets gibe it a chance eh?

How come the Mirror gave Gerrard MOTM, I am sick of the media outlet bestowing this honour on him the majority of games even when he has been poor. I would imagine he does be embarressed occassionally about this.

Bellamy and Carragher were super but Momo stood out for me.

The Real Laoislad

Gerrard was no man of match the other night defo Carra or Sissoko
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Gabriel_Hurl