TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

Ballymun Kickhams v Saint Brigids   beo
4-00pm

Kilmacud Crokes v Ballyboden Saint Endas   beo
5-45pm

Good to see the Áthimirt box that has been introduced on the screen by TG4 as a result of Limerick goalkeeper Nicky Quaid unintentionally hitting the ball out to Jason Forde of Tipperary in Extra Time in the Hurling League Semi Final whilst the replay of a Tipperary point was being shown.

Unlaoised

That stupid reply in the corner of the screen served no purpose yesterday ...As for the camera angle when the ball was pucked out of for some frees....LEave it out boys!!
LAOIS ABÚ

AZOffaly

I loved the camera angle for puckouts and frees.

I wasn't gone on the replay for every score, but the way the ball moves in hurling makes it hard to fit in replays without missing something else.

didlyi

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 09, 2018, 02:33:33 PM
That stupid reply in the corner of the screen served no purpose yesterday ...As for the camera angle when the ball was pucked out of for some frees....LEave it out boys!!

I could see the replay and not miss the live action either. What more purpose do you want. Great Idea. Fair play TG4.

Rich Ricci

Great idea. Too many kickouts/puckouts being missed with continuous replays. Such an important part of both games now, you really can't afford to be missing them.

drici

Na Piarsaigh v Doon   beo
2-00pm

Castlegar v Liam Mellows   iarbheo

drici

Bishopstown v Midleton   beo
2-00pm

Blackrock v Carrigtwohill   beo
3-45pm

drici

Ballygunner v Passage   beo
3-00pm

Delayed full coverage of a yet to be decided match.   iarbheo

drici

All change:

Dia Domhnaigh   23 - 09 - 2018

Éire Óg v Kilmaley   beo
1-00pm

Ballyea v Inagh Kilnamona   beo
2-45pm

Ballygunner v Passage   iarbheo
4-25pm approximately.

drici

Killarney Legion v Dr Crokes  beo
2-00pm

East Kerry v South Kerry   beo
3-45pm

Wildweasel74

Whos bright idea to televise that massacre

twohands!!!

Quote from: drici on September 23, 2018, 03:07:13 PM
Killarney Legion v Dr Crokes  beo
2-00pm

East Kerry v South Kerry   beo
3-45pm

Should be two tasty encounters - Legion Crokes are the two Killarney townie teams and there is no love lost between them.
Should be a fair sprinkling of intercounty players on show.
Crokes and East Kerry favourites but both will probably be made work to get their wins.

macdanger2

drici

Ballybay Pearse Brothers v Scotstown  beo
3-30pm

Coolderry v Kilcormac Killoughey   iarbheo

Main Street

Quote from: drici on September 30, 2018, 05:39:06 PM
Ballybay Pearse Brothers v Scotstown  beo
3-30pm
it's hard to credit  that  I'll be able to watch this encounter live from very distant parts. I was on the phone to my brother last year as the semi final between these two clubs went into the third minute of added on time  with Ballybay 8 points ahead. I intended  to make preparations to get to the final, which would have been a foregone conclusion against (the thugs of) Magheracloone. As soon as he answered the phone , Scotstown scored a goal, then another goal followed 2 points and the game was drawn at the death.  In the replay, Rory Beggan saved two penalties and Scotstown went on to the final. This year Scotstown beat Ballybay  by a point in the championship with the last kick of the game. Nevertheless, undaunted I feel the omens are with Ballybay Pearse Bros.
For Ballybay, Paul Finlay, retired from the county set up, rules the midfield and still oozes class and vintage, other notables are the Wylie clann - 3 of them, there's one from the latest generations of Kerrs,  Dessie Ward and  Chris McGuinness.  Scotstown have that Beggan cxnt in goals, the Hughes bros and Conor McCarthy.