Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OTF

You know that horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach

redsetanta

Best of luck to the lads today. I am not so sure a victory will be of any use to us considering some of the other teams we can draw if we win. Been a tough year and I don't think it's going to get any easier. Time to look ahead to next year and the few years after that.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Gmac

Quote from: town1980 on June 17, 2017, 02:37:21 PM
me that knows nothing,,,team thats stated is not the correct team expect changes
u are on the ball with the team info

Junior Ex Laoistalk

A win is a win, we should be thankful for small mercies.
Started like we were going to wipe them off the field but as usual we failed to put them away and it almost came back to haunt us. I know they got two lucky goals but we should have been out of sight at that time.
The way things are going I would worry about us in the next one regardless of who we play.

Report:
http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/06/17/laois-advance-ireland-qualifiers/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on June 17, 2017, 02:37:21 PM
me that knows nothing,,
well we are finally agreed on something

Tony

With the advent of Kildare annihilating meath, I'm beginning to wonder if we're still pure dirt or if the Lillies have upped their game this championship and may even give dublin a decent game. Maybe we're not as bad as we think? Delusional? The next game will tell.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Tony on June 17, 2017, 09:22:10 PM
With the advent of Kildare annihilating meath, I'm beginning to wonder if we're still pure dirt or if the Lillies have upped their game this championship and may even give dublin a decent game. Maybe we're not as bad as we think? Delusional? The next game will tell.
DELUSIONAL

Giovanni

Kildare might well give Dublin a decent game.

This has nothing to do with us.

We were at least as poor today as we were throughout the league. If it hadn't been for some great saves from Brody, we could have conceded 5 or 6 ..... against Wicklow.

Forward play was almost as bad as the defence. Very disappointing

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

I rate Wicklow the poorest outfit in the country in 2017....lucky to beat them..........we will not be at the races the next day....yes tony keep taking the delusional tablets.

of the options open to us, I would take a trip to mayo just as a novelty....at least mayo would beat you playing football, whereas a tyrone/Donegal would have zero mercy....and we are now in the begging for mercy status.

High Fielder

Attack is always the best form of defence, but it's an absolute necessity for us. None of our backs, not even one, could be considered good man markers. Aggression, tackling, shadowing, positional sense - it's just not there. We're not even getting by at the back now. 3-10 leaked against the poorest team in the country is poor. Let's not kid ourselves

BallyroanAbu

Some of the fellas on here don't want to hear it, I said it last September this guy was a poor appointment in a list of poor appointments.   We should have sacked him after the league I don't know why this is not more common in the GAA your only postponing the inevitable.  The line we will be "better in the championship" is peddled by poor managers buying time.   Now is the time to go with a young Laois Manager it's so low risk it's unbelievable McNulty or Clancy are the ones immediately who come to mind.  McNulty been in pole position but they are Laois Men who can reignite the flames of passion within this squad.  For some on here they do not want to believe there has been a lack lustre effort by some members of this panel who are more interested in how they are perceived than the good of Laois Football, this needs rooting out.  We need a plan and a basic reboot of what we stand for because some of these players acting the mick is now in their DNA,  this does not make them bad fellas or poor players. They need to reconnect with the passion and honour of playing for Laois and maybe make something of themselves for the jersey they are wearing. We are not going to win All Irelands but I think we can operate safely in Div 2 and Dublin are not going to be at this standard forever.  We are in crisis and no better time for an over haul of our underage structure but we need to do it asap and stop talking about it.

Tony

You say I'm delusional ballyroan to say we're not as bad as the kildare showing but yet you say we've the players to be comfortable in division 2? Ie a top 10 or 12 team.

Either you're a hypocrite, or talking sh**e.

We were clearly the best team yesterday. 7-9points the better team but the soft goals at the end put made it look like a close game. We're a team lacking in confidence and that's clear. Having said that, a lot needs to be worked on to tighten at the back. We'll give Clare or Meath a match if we draw them. Anyone else and it's over for the year. Would personally love to see us draw meath and beat them, that would give us a much needed confidence boost. Not saying it's going to happen but that's best case scenario in my opinio.

High Fielder

Division 2 my hole Ballyroan. These players are not Division 2 standard. We have one Division 1 standard player, 4 or 5 Division 2 and most of them have found their level. I always found Ballyroan people to be realistic and plain talking. You're in a bubble there shiiting on about Creedon when we haven't a back on the entire panel. Coaches improve teams for sure, but they can't make something out of nothing. I think you think you're the most clued up man in Laois. I think you can't see the wood for the trees .

BallyroanAbu

It would not be the same without you two and a few others, it must sicken you that so far much of what I have said has come to pass.  These players are playing at below their level of ability the managers we have appointed for the last 5 years have destroyed the will of them.  I am pretty sure any manager with half a clue of what his doing will get huge gains because of the damage done thus far.   Tony is right to a point these players are capable of  better but they will not perform for an idiot,  funny enough Clancy has everything we need.  He will get the job after we are completely crushed and he will be a massive success.  The plain talking people of Ballyroan would not mind him back now, the same ones wanted shut of him last year.

I am firmly in the Clancy camp I do have an agenda but I would not mind McNulty or Higgins been given a shot.   I think Clancy has something about him and the sooner the better he gets the Laois job, that's a personal opinion and I am open to a discussion on that.  Hopefully they won't treat him with the contempt and disdain that at times was handed to Pat Roe, Joe Higgins and many more whose only sin that they were Laois Men.

town1980

I have stated here a long time ago what ballyroan Abu says is actually good reading and sometimes a fact,, for anyone at the game yesterday yes laois were 7/9 points a better side but the simple fact is they DIDNT ,, Garry kavanagh was the one calling the shots and creedon on stood there with the finger in his mouth like ffs, no passion out of that man watsoever again I said your manager has to inspire people ,, laois 2002 laois 2003 then 04 05 n roll 07,,I fully take on board ballyroan abu points just because they are fact ,, Tony and a few yee act are delusional with here points anyone bar Clare and were out ,,, Longford wahey  Wicklow wahey,,, there is plenty of talent in laois you need a man to get it out of them and there is loads of Laois clientele there to do that on less of a budget