Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 18, 2019, 01:38:42 PM
Quote from: TabClear on April 18, 2019, 01:23:45 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 18, 2019, 01:06:40 PM
Ole needs more time to work his players and hopefully new players, he's clearly tactically very flexible and hasn't been affraid to try diferent systems some of which clearly hasn't worked although I'd put a lot of that down to our defensive frailties as opposed to Ole's tactical mishaps. I wouldn't fault Ole for the defeats to Barca and we were very unlcuky in the defeats to Arsenal & Wolves, we play well to an extent in both games and could easily have won both of them. The game in the cup against Wolves was the one game we didn't turn up but I'd put a lot of that down to what happened in Paris a few days earlier. We've been a bit unlucky with injuries too, Lingard, Martial, Matic & Herrera all got injured when playing really well, United were going to have to rely on a bit of luck with injuries to keep going.

We are a bit predictable to play against some times but that can be down to personnel too; A proper right winger is a must as we have nobody who looks comfortable at all on that side. Dalot is a brilliant crosser of the ball and and Luke Shaw is capable of offering more going forward, defensively he's been excellent this season and has improved as the season has gone on. Rashford & Martial are still young players who should continue to improve.

I don't see any reason as long as United buy 3 top players this summer that they can't achieve around 90 points next season with Ole in  charge. There's no need for the mass gloom, the squad is no way near as some are making out and is just lacking in a couple of top players in key positions.

Thats some call, i think United have only topped 90 points 3 times even with their great teams.

City & Liverpool aren't as good as the 2 great sides United had in 1999 and 2008 yet are both going to finish well ahead of United's points total. The league isn't as strong.
Wise FFS.... Utd in 99 were a great team, apart from Arsenal back then , who was good?
Utd were extremely lucky to beat Munich, a Bergkamp penalty miss from out of the FA cup and Arsenal blew the league at the end. This City team and Liverpool are both as good....

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Boycey on April 18, 2019, 06:39:04 PM
Without wanting to get sucked into this debate because I think a few new players isn't going to fix United, the current squad, give or take, won 25 games last year and could win up to 24 this year so why couldn't they do similiar next year with 3 new players?

Name the last Man Utd signing that's been a success. The assumption here is that you are signing 3 players who instantly hit the ground running and are a major success. Recent history has shown us Utd aren't for whatever reason getting the recruitment right.

Farrandeelin

Easy...Robin Van Persie.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Helix.

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 19, 2019, 07:56:03 AM
Quote from: Boycey on April 18, 2019, 06:39:04 PM
Without wanting to get sucked into this debate because I think a few new players isn't going to fix United, the current squad, give or take, won 25 games last year and could win up to 24 this year so why couldn't they do similiar next year with 3 new players?

Name the last Man Utd signing that's been a success. The assumption here is that you are signing 3 players who instantly hit the ground running and are a major success. Recent history has shown us Utd aren't for whatever reason getting the recruitment right.

Zlatan before he done his knee.

GJL

BennyCake

Quote from: cadhlancian on April 19, 2019, 02:49:10 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 18, 2019, 01:38:42 PM
Quote from: TabClear on April 18, 2019, 01:23:45 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 18, 2019, 01:06:40 PM
Ole needs more time to work his players and hopefully new players, he's clearly tactically very flexible and hasn't been affraid to try diferent systems some of which clearly hasn't worked although I'd put a lot of that down to our defensive frailties as opposed to Ole's tactical mishaps. I wouldn't fault Ole for the defeats to Barca and we were very unlcuky in the defeats to Arsenal & Wolves, we play well to an extent in both games and could easily have won both of them. The game in the cup against Wolves was the one game we didn't turn up but I'd put a lot of that down to what happened in Paris a few days earlier. We've been a bit unlucky with injuries too, Lingard, Martial, Matic & Herrera all got injured when playing really well, United were going to have to rely on a bit of luck with injuries to keep going.

We are a bit predictable to play against some times but that can be down to personnel too; A proper right winger is a must as we have nobody who looks comfortable at all on that side. Dalot is a brilliant crosser of the ball and and Luke Shaw is capable of offering more going forward, defensively he's been excellent this season and has improved as the season has gone on. Rashford & Martial are still young players who should continue to improve.

I don't see any reason as long as United buy 3 top players this summer that they can't achieve around 90 points next season with Ole in  charge. There's no need for the mass gloom, the squad is no way near as some are making out and is just lacking in a couple of top players in key positions.

Thats some call, i think United have only topped 90 points 3 times even with their great teams.

City & Liverpool aren't as good as the 2 great sides United had in 1999 and 2008 yet are both going to finish well ahead of United's points total. The league isn't as strong.
Wise FFS.... Utd in 99 were a great team, apart from Arsenal back then , who was good?
Utd were extremely lucky to beat Munich, a Bergkamp penalty miss from out of the FA cup and Arsenal blew the league at the end. This City team and Liverpool are both as good....

No they're not. They're not even close to the 99 team.

Cunny Funt

Young finally dropped. Looks like Lindelof is to play right back again. Where is the sense to move your best centre out there to accommodate Phil Jones? McTominay one of United's few form players dropped for static Matic makes little sense either.

If United lose today i think the chance of finishing 4th is as good as done. This and the Chelsea game are must wins. Will need to step up to win as Everton's recent home games has been wins against Arsenal,Chelsea and draw against Liverpool.

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 21, 2019, 12:55:11 PM
Young finally dropped. Looks like Lindelof is to play right back again. Where is the sense to move your best centre out there to accommodate Phil Jones? McTominay one of United's few form players dropped for static Matic makes little sense either.

If United lose today i think the chance of finishing 4th is as good as done. This and the Chelsea game are must wins. Will need to step up to win as Everton's recent home games has been wins against Arsenal,Chelsea and draw against Liverpool.

McTominey played against Barca midweek and presumably will play against City this midweek so maybe Solskjaer reckons 3 big games in a week is too much for him.  Who else would you put at full back other than Lindelof...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on April 21, 2019, 01:37:00 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 21, 2019, 12:55:11 PM

McTominey played against Barca midweek and presumably will play against City this midweek so maybe Solskjaer reckons 3 big games in a week is too much for him.  Who else would you put at full back other than Lindelof...

Jones right back and Lindelof centre back would make more sense. Defence totally disjointed for that goal. A deserved lead for Everton who are well up for this game.

Boycey

Only if you want nothing from your full back going forward..

stiffler

Really poor start to this game from Utd. Lose this and top 4 hopes will be all but over.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

screenexile

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure there were a lot of men on here tried to say De Gea was the best keeper in the world ... how bad are all the other keepers then!!  :o

Tony Baloney

Everybody relax, Ole's at the wheel.

Cunny Funt

Playing Lindelof right back brings little going forward either and taking him out of centre back and moving Jones in there to play along side Smalling only weakens the defence further.

A half totally dominated by Everton, they are first to everything while no fight,desire from United. Sigurdsson with another goal against United, it came from a United corner and static Matic the CDM stood off and admired the shot.

Orior

Quote from: stiffler on April 21, 2019, 02:06:44 PM
Really poor start to this game from Utd. Lose this and top 4 hopes will be all but over.

4 is the number all right
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians