Tyrone v Donegal - Sunday 18th June at 2pm

Started by Fuzzman, May 29, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Tyrone are going into this perfectly.  The hype of running Dublin close has been dampened by a flat finish to the League. Fans were losing the run of themselves after early league results. The League is the League! What ever results happened against Mayo and more importantly Donegal mean little or nothing now! Uncle Peter is keeping quieter this year, and no harm. He had to much to say about Tyrone last year.

J70

Quote from: skeog on June 15, 2017, 09:32:31 PM
No Justy MM be happy.

Indeed, assuming he's not waiting until Sunday to see how fitness checks go.

sensethetone

BluestackBoy

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

WT4E

I believe Donegal don't name team until day now?

If so maybe that's why Mickey has named unchanged team and then the team will be different on the day with personnel and positional changes - can't see that team starting (Well I hope not).

Fuzzman

Who would you change WT4?

Mickey might be thinking bringing on McCarron for 2nd half to mark MM.

McBrearty was well "held" last year so I wonder will he come out the field more this time.

BluestackBoy

All this nonsense with naming dummy teams days in advance simply to satisfy the printers needs to be sorted.

Since the days of teams lining out in accordance with the programme, either in terms of personnel or position, is well & truly over surely all we need are squad listings so that we can identify individual players.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Taylor

Looking forward to a game full of venom and hatred!

This Donegal team are young and many untested in this type of atmosphere. Expect them to get a few early cards and possibly a red or two. We should win by 3 or 4 in the end

the goal was on

why does mickey feel the need to name numbers 27 to 31?. Its a 26 man panel. These other lads have as much chance of playing as cuthbert!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: the goal was on on June 16, 2017, 10:39:57 AM
why does mickey feel the need to name numbers 27 to 31?. Its a 26 man panel. These other lads have as much chance of playing as cuthbert!

I'd imagine to make them feel as much part of the panel as the rest of the players in the 26. Which is fair enough given they've been training with the team since last November and been involved all year. You need a strong 30 plus squad to compete. Some of the players not in the 26 could well feature as the year goes on.

WT4E

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 16, 2017, 09:58:53 AM
Who would you change WT4?

Mickey might be thinking bringing on McCarron for 2nd half to mark MM.

McBrearty was well "held" last year so I wonder will he come out the field more this time.

For me I would put in either Lee B. or D McCurry in the corner and matty out to wing forward with possibly mcgeary dropping out (unluckly) - I would really like to see another out and out inside forward in there with Bradley.

Not sure he'll bring McCarron back in but if he did i'm not sure who he would drop out - I would drop McCrory out but Mickey defo wouldn't do that.

Are we convinced about Hampsey yet? He looked ponderous in the game at Celtic Park I thought although didn't do anything wrong but Donegal is a different kettle of fish to Derry who are Div 3 outfit!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: the goal was on on June 16, 2017, 10:39:57 AM

I think Custard is injured...

Fuzzman

I think the thinking is that inside forwards are now a waste of a player (or position) as 1. It's hard to get them the ball as there is so little space and 2. If they do get it they are surrounded immediately and rarely get time to get a shot away. As I heard Brian McGuigan and a few others say that the role has become more of a hold the ball up and lay it off to the cavalry running through like we saw Bradley do a few times against Derry.
When he did make space for himself to shoot it was to run out to a harder angle than he started off at.

I think Hampsey is finding playing in the corner a bit different to playing up the middle and he's maybe not attacking the ball as much as we would have liked. Sunday will tell us more.

I wonder will it be the corner backs from both teams getting the goal chances again this time.
McCurry has become our supersub as he usually comes in bursting with energy and always willing to take on a shot.

J70

Paddy McGrath grabbed one against Antrim!

ONeill

Think you'll be able to buy tickets on the day?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.