Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

Few facts , east down club has dominated the SFC in the last decade, east down club won't ulster intermediate c ship, last year all three c ship trophies last year, so why in heavens name locate everything in south down, the amount of dis respect to east down players is in real, we don't show the same towards south down players , coaches and administrators, quite the opposite , A tricolour and a red and black flag over Ballykinlar will warm the heart of this Gael and fellow Gael's, you don't want involved f k off and watch Newry City or Warrenpoint Town , after all only take you 10 mins and tickets won't be hard to come by

thebar

Quote from: yewtree on September 09, 2019, 10:07:30 PM
Couldn't care less who you Cuan played against - your points regarding Ballykinler are out of touch with followers of Down Football.We don't want it located there , there will be a boycott in essence managers won't train there ,clubs like Harps,Burren or The Bridge won't tolerate it.
East Down Rehabilitation Centre perhaps to get East Down up to a bit of a level.And please refrain from the old chestnut of naming a few old men from there.

Yewtree I give you this much your entertaining  ;D

befair

Quote from: downjim on September 09, 2019, 10:35:03 AM
What happened at the lgfa intermediate final on Saturday?

I heard there were punches thrown by a Kilcoo man on the stand side. I was on the opposite side so didn't see it, happy to be corrected if its wrong. What I did see was Conor Lavery running all the way round the pitch to abuse the lineswoman who had advised the ref to give a yellow card to a Kilcoo player. It was unnecessary and unsporting and a really bad example to young players, as Kilcoo were much the better team and never in danger of defeat.
This shouldn't take away from what was a great occasion; hats off to the organisers. The Down LGFA are unsung heroes, providing games for our young women despite operating with a tiny budget.

charlieTully

Quote from: befair on September 09, 2019, 11:12:32 PM

I heard there were punches thrown by a Kilcoo man on the stand side. I was on the opposite side so didn't see it, happy to be corrected if its wrong. What I did see was Conor Lavery running all the way round the pitch to abuse the lineswoman who had advised the ref to give a yellow card to a Kilcoo player. It was unnecessary and unsporting and a really bad example to young players, as Kilcoo were much the better team and never in danger of defeat.
This shouldn't take away from what was a great occasion; hats off to the organisers. The Down LGFA are unsung heroes, providing games for our young women despite operating with a tiny budget.

The only balls I want to see a woman handling are my own.

terrifictommy

The only balls I want to see a woman handling are my own.
[/quote]

But the reality Charlie is - you'll probably never see it.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 09, 2019, 10:30:45 PM
Few facts , east down club has dominated the SFC in the last decade, east down club won't ulster intermediate c ship, last year all three c ship trophies last year, so why in heavens name locate everything in south down, the amount of dis respect to east down players is in real, we don't show the same towards south down players , coaches and administrators, quite the opposite , A tricolour and a red and black flag over Ballykinlar will warm the heart of this Gael and fellow Gael's, you don't want involved f k off and watch Newry City or Warrenpoint Town , after all only take you 10 mins and tickets won't be hard to come by

Well, bar the important one.... unless Burren teletransported last year?

Cuan12

Apologies to all Burren supporters

Smurfy123

Cuan let it go. Most people know that after Kilcoo Gaelic is not taking seriously enough in east down. You just need to look at the clubs competing in semi finals year in fear out at u derange. Kilcoo Clonduff CPN Burren Mayobridge Ballyholland. I'll give you Carryduff are going well to at present. But can you really say underage clubs in east down are putting in the proper work? Yes you will always get a senior team who gets a good few years like Loughinisland but at underage they are no where to be seen. I agree Ballykinlar needs to the our centre of excellence but everyone knows it's all happening in south down

yewtree

Cuan never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Seriously for last 15 years all we hear is this constant East Down complaining.Facts are the standard in East Down is aweful except Kilcoo which really is a kind of separate entity.
I'd imagine if we asked Kilcoo they'd prefer Newry like all the big clubs around Newry.
Asking people from the football powerbases to travel away to Ballykinler is not fair at all on students ,managers etc recovery and sitting in a car for 2 hours is not right.Yes we might have a few from East Down travelling a distance so be it they are a minority.For the greater good leave Ballykinler to be run for the people over there and to try and bring their standards up.
This may sound very bias but I'd go as far to say we could field a better team and better team spirit and camaderie if we just picked from South Down.Now I'm being a bit extreme there but overall point is build and grow what we have a strong South Down to being even stronger and bring the few exceptions from East Down over.We can do this in Abbey or College.Leave Ballykinler as East Down Football Rehabilation Centre.

PTC

Quote from: befair on September 09, 2019, 11:12:32 PM
What I did see was Conor Lavery running all the way round the pitch to abuse the lineswoman who had advised the ref to give a yellow card to a Kilcoo player. It was unnecessary and unsporting and a really bad example to young players, as Kilcoo were much the better team and never in danger of defeat.

Think this could be a case of mistaken identity

thewobbler

If I could ban two words from this board, it would be East and South.

Cuan12

Yew tree , now I know your trying to make mischief, Ballykinlar is here , east down teams have always had a healthy representation at county level, have a look at all the teams who won all Ireland's, history doesn't lie,

lfdown2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 10, 2019, 11:44:52 AM
Cuan let it go. Most people know that after Kilcoo Gaelic is not taking seriously enough in east down. You just need to look at the clubs competing in semi finals year in fear out at u derange. Kilcoo Clonduff CPN Burren Mayobridge Ballyholland. I'll give you Carryduff are going well to at present. But can you really say underage clubs in east down are putting in the proper work? Yes you will always get a senior team who gets a good few years like Loughinisland but at underage they are no where to be seen. I agree Ballykinlar needs to the our centre of excellence but everyone knows it's all happening in south down

I and I'm sure plenty other take great offence at this as a member of an east Down club involved in underage coaching. This east/south argument is a nonsense started by a wum but that comment is out of order in relation to any club, every club in Down have volunteers putting hours in to developing the youth otherwise they wouldn't exist.

Cuan12

6th sam

Quote from: thewobbler on September 10, 2019, 01:28:09 PM
If I could ban two words from this board, it would be East and South.

Well said, affinity to East or South Down, makes absolutely no sense, We should be judged only as a whole county, many areas of the county have strengths and weaknesses and we can all leRn from these