Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictommy

I bet very few would have put them in this position at start of the year, me included.

yewtree

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on September 13, 2019, 05:00:19 PM
Are Burren ahead of the rest based on their draws with the town and bridge or scraping past half a Rostrevor team? Asking for a friend....

Burren are a championship club that win championships - tradition carries a lot.The Point on the other hand could be on verge of creating history.Yourself I'm delighted you are promoted but I doubt you'll stay up-too many holidays and holiday homes your way, and Clonduff will walkover you.
Personally it would be good for the county if the Point could win it , turning into a real sports town with the success of Warrenpoint Town and a real goodwill within the town.Others could learn from it.

supersub

Cuan12

yew tree still talking rubbish,Warrenpoint haven't won SFC since 1953 and in all honesty I  think they will have to wait another few years, still think Kilcoo will win SFC.

Centre 3/4

Not a walkover by any means but a good learning curve for our lads. 6 u21s starting and 3 more on as subs. Good foundation to build on.

Smurfy123

We haven't gone away you know. Last 4 again. Too 4 team in Down again. We haven't gone away

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

PTC

Some result for harps number 15 was outstanding. Warrenpoint looking very impressive in the first game

charlieTully

Quote from: yewtree on September 15, 2019, 11:58:25 PM
Quote from: Centre 3/4 on September 15, 2019, 07:21:31 PM
Not a walkover by any means but a good learning curve for our lads. 6 u21s starting and 3 more on as subs. Good foundation to build on.

Don't be getting too carried away ,in the championship you only beat 2 poor East Down teams. The yellas shifted 2 dodgy goals and it put a flattering score line on it ,15 scores to 9 really tells the tale. Carryduff will be relegated next year even with their league of nations, very few actually from Carryduff that came through primary school together etc. and then their U21s made up of Antrim lads, Saul ,Darragh Cross etc.

As I said before Point are turning out to be a serious outfit , second year in a row as supersub says top4 but before the year is out Point will be the big talking point. A clear vision for the future regards facilities ,cross community and working very well with Warrenpoint Town. Imagine the buzz about Newry if it turns out to be Point v Burren Final.

Over to Burren tomorrow to do the business and set it up.

Good man smurph.

Centre 3/4

Yewtree you must have some chip on that shoulder you're embarrassing yourself

PTC

Really looking forward to the game tonight. Think if kilcoo keep Donal ohare quiet they could edge it

Cuan12

66 years since Warrenpoint win a senior title, 66 more before they win it again, it's a pity Kilcoo or Burren will go out tonight, but regardless Warrenpoint won't prevail and as for the verbal diarrhoea Yewtree comes out with, well the smurf and himself are on a par when talking rubbish.

terrifictommy

Unless Burren show much improvement tonight surely it's not too much of a shame if they go out? Warrenppunt have been good value so far, not saying they can beat Kilcoo but why put them down for aspiring to win.
Kilcoo by 3
Glenn by 2

Cuan12

Tommy have a read of the garbage Yewtree and smurf come out with and you will fully understand why some of us are in the ABFW camp

Pearse Blue

Quote from: PTC on September 16, 2019, 11:45:08 AM
Really looking forward to the game tonight. Think if kilcoo keep Donal ohare quiet they could edge it
They have more than Donal Ohare, Burren will have more fight IMO and sometimes fight is enough for championship