Defensive tactics runing the game for 98% of people?

Started by onefineday, January 27, 2022, 11:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Quote from: lenny on January 31, 2022, 05:54:50 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 31, 2022, 05:26:58 PM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on January 31, 2022, 01:48:17 PM
Quote from: dec on January 31, 2022, 01:42:52 PM
Simply banning the hand pass would be a straightforward change.

what nonsense.
Endless handpassing is indeed total nonsense and while that sh1te activity dominates we'll not see a decent FOOTball game.

I don't mind the hand passing if it was refereed properly. Many players are getting away with throws ie they're not striking the ball with one hand stationary.

ban handpass in defensive half of the field?

full moon

The football on display this weekend was atrocious stuff again. There's no point blaming particular teams anymore as it's widespread. It's like watching basketball on grass, very little contact allowed by referees. Players feigning injury.

Players refusing or not be allowed to kick the ball, handpassing sideways to keep possession. Awful as a spectator. I'm surprised crowds aren't down even more coupled with the terrible ticketing app farce. GAA are just lucky they're the only show in town in vast swathes of the island, as what the spectators are getting for their cash is just turgid shite.

Wildweasel74

Years ago, a neutral could watched a game to the end, now a day's the constant handpassing, rugby type defensive lines, low scoring made the game unwatchable. The 3 games today, you could watch bits and pieces but kept switching over channels. Soccer I don't even watch anymore as its long past that stage too.