Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: Clubber Lang on February 12, 2017, 04:12:45 PM
The inexperience of this current Laois team shone through today. Despite playing very poorly in second half we held a 6 point lead with little over 10 minutes and I think the players thought they had the game won. Kerry got a goal and instead of taking sting out of game, regaining composure, the sliotar was in the back of Laois net again 60 seconds later. After that there was only going to be one winner. I counted at least 15 wides on kerry's part and a number of those were easy chances that went a begging. In truth once Kerry found their rhythm they were by far the better team and totally outhurled Laois.

On the evidence of today it's going to be a steep learning curve this year in the league and we will more than likely be in a relegation play off by the end of it. With most of team under the age of 23 I am optimistic that progress can be made and we will develop with games. The concern is with Galway, Wexford and Limerick to come that heavy defeats in these games could have a detrimental impact on the players confidence going forward. Laois need a blend of experience and youth but with Hyland etc no longer there we are very much lacking in that department. Today's loss was clear evidence of this.     
Laois need experienced defenders, we haven't a screed of a one at present.

clonadmad

Went over with a Galway friend of mine today to Tullamore

Offaly are woeful

Whoever loses the Laois v Oy game is going down

my understanding is bottom team in each division gets relegated

http://www.gaa.ie/news/allianz-leagues-condensed-2017

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on February 12, 2017, 05:20:47 PM

Offaly are woeful

That is correct, score difference could have a big say though. A win wont keep you up necessarily.

redsetanta

I thought the bottom two teams still played off with the loser automatically down. No playoff between top of 2a and bottom 1b though.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

honest hurler

Don what do you mean proper order we certainly haven't backs good enough what we are going to do I don't know no point putting healy at that end of the field foyle was not the problem

Target Man

Offaly are woeful

According to PDF at bottom of that page you linked there is still playoff between 5th and 6th in 1B

Don Draper

Quote from: honest hurler on February 12, 2017, 07:25:35 PM
Don what do you mean proper order we certainly haven't backs good enough what we are going to do I don't know no point putting healy at that end of the field foyle was not the problem
The play off with the winners of 2A was unfair. I was delighted last year but that doesn't make it right.

clonadmad

Quote from: Target Man on February 12, 2017, 07:41:53 PM

Offaly are woeful

According to PDF at bottom of that page you linked there is still playoff between 5th and 6th in 1B

Pile of shite if there is

If your at the bottom after the 5 games down you go,same goes for promotion

Give that promotion/relegation weekend back to the clubs

redsetanta

It just shows you that smaller counties can't afford the luxury of one of their main men having an off day. When was the last time Cha didn't register a score for the county?
Two teams short of confidence but not short of motivation going into next weekends game. It mightn't be pretty  but it should be a right battle. There's a right chance we will be doing it again in a few weeks.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Carlow IT beat UL 4-16 to 0-23.

Don't have a report on the game but It Carlow twitter account saying Rowland made 3 exceptional saves in the first half.

I think they meet Mary Immaculate again in the semi final.

redsetanta

According to the Wiki page for the 2017 comp they play Mary's. UCC play winners of second quarter today. Although I see elsewhere it is UCC which makes more sense seeing as MAry's and Carlow were in the same group.

I hope the Laois lads bring the winning mentality to O'Moore Park Saturday.

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on February 15, 2017, 02:40:50 PM
Carlow IT beat UL 4-16 to 0-23.

Don't have a report on the game but It Carlow twitter account saying Rowland made 3 exceptional saves in the first half.

I think they meet Mary Immaculate again in the semi final.

I hear it was a firey encounter with Dj carey the Carlow manager boxing on the line and all...Ref was supposed to have got in and played with  UL
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Here is the team...

And here are the goals...

https://www.facebook.com/HigherEdGAA/videos/1189918177742927/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Any lads have any news on how training has been going or any info on likely team for Saturday?