Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

A draw for Carlow IT yesterday with Picky knocking over the dead balls scoring 9 points (1 from play). Hopefully he brings that accuracy in for the county as we'll need it.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ogie

Looked at the highlights of IT Carlows game on FB, Picky had a great game actually, made a number of scores, Cha with two super points

Joe campion hurled at full forward for LIT, PJ Scully still recovering from injury came on late for UL,
Was wondering who the D Hartnett Laois was alright,
Dwyane Palmer corner back for IT Carlow, Aaron Mortimer an unused sub,
Colm Stapleton with Mary I, is Leigh Bergin in college?

redsetanta

I take it that Mark Kavanagh from Rathdowney that's hurling with Carlow IT.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

TP Ashe

That's Marty Kavanagh from Carlow I'm afraid.

I presume Mark is still injured. Regardless, he'd only be a fresher and thus ineligible for Fitzgibbon.

redsetanta

clonadmad

Minor Challenge in Portlaoise,yesterday

Laois 0-07 Tipperary 5-27

redsetanta

hurlingmad

redsetanta

Without the Fitzgibbon lads i assume but what's the point playing Tipp if we're being hammered like that. Won't do one bit for confindence.

ClashAsh

You can be guaranteed Tipperary were missing as many with college commitments but your point is valid.  The days of laois playing teams like Tipp in challenge games and being competitive with them is well gone. A disaster for morale and confidence within the group.

Strong club teams and midtier Inter-County teams would be much better suited and would enable Laois to compete and getting something tangible out of the games.

Anybody got an idea of the team laois had out?

TP Ashe

redsetanta

Even worse but the point still stands.

clonadmad

Quote from: TP Ashe on February 05, 2017, 05:01:19 PM
That was our minors.

Worse again if it was,Tipp definitely without 5/6 from templemore who are in the Harty cup final and probably without 3/4 from Nenagh who were beaten in the S/f.

Ogie

In house game yesterday Probables Vs Possibles, Probables line up -
Fleming,
Lawlor
Bergin
Palmer
Mullaney
Purcell
Whelan
Taylor
Conroy
Cha
P Whelan
Picky
roddy
Foyle
Dunphy

TP Ashe

Looks harsh on Downey.

I'd have him in ahead of Taylor.

Our defenders will have it tough against a quick Kerry forward line but I'd be hopeful our forwards could cause serious trouble at the other end.

Scully far away Ogie?