The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I honestly don't think there is enough in this squad for the top 4. I'd love an FA cup win.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 15, 2021, 07:29:50 AM
It is beginning to look to me that Rodriguez getting targeted too and teams getting away with it.

Dcl was missing but I fail to understand why there were so many changes. Why was the central defense as it was when Keane and Mina was working and why was Godfrey not full back.

You get the impression the centre backs were being rested and a midfield of Siggy, James and Gomez were never going to have the legs to cover the ground against Fulham. Richarlison isn't a centre forward able to hold the ball up and that meant Everton had no out ball.

You can see them fall away a bit unless Allan and DCL get back sooner rather than later.

imtommygunn

SHEEDY

Get in, massive win. Enjoy the weekend blues   8)
nil satis nisi optimum

GJL

Main Street

It was well deserved by Everton, though 1 nil for 85 mins must have put every Everton fan through the wringer.  Good to see Coleman chomping at the bit, he looks to be playing his best football.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2021, 08:37:16 PM
It was well deserved by Everton, though 1 nil for 85 mins must have put every Everton fan through the wringer.  Good to see Coleman chomping at the bit, he looks to be playing his best football.
Great win. 22 years is too long against the noisy neighbours
Unfortunately Seamus isn't playing his best and his lack of a final cross or pass shows how limited his game can be. He'll probably leave this summer. Great club servant though

Main Street

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 20, 2021, 09:08:05 PM
Unfortunately Seamus isn't playing his best and his lack of a final cross or pass shows how limited his game can be. He'll probably leave this summer. Great club servant though
Maybe in general,  but out there today Seamus had a very good game.

Milltown Row2

Most underrated player, Coleman has had some career. You need players like him in every team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JohnDenver

Coleman and Kieran Tierney I would see as very similar players. You're never going to get anything fancy or out of this world skillful - but you'll never find them lacking in effort, bite or desire. As milltown says, you need them in every team.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2021, 09:35:35 PM
He was poor enough v City
Seamus hasn't been the same player since his bad injury

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 20, 2021, 11:31:53 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 20, 2021, 09:35:35 PM
He was poor enough v City
Seamus hasn't been the same player since his bad injury

I haven't seen too many defenders being good against City. So I'd take that performance and put it with the rest of the premiership defenders
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mr. Nakata

My head hurts...the drink tasted like nectar last night. Well deserved win with Pickford and Keane both playing a blinder. Tom Davies in a great run of form recently also. With regards to Coleman I thought he had a great game last night and he was brilliant when he came on against Spurs in the cup game. Although he should have buried that header...bad miss from a peach of a cross. I would agree with Delmonte that he has never regained the pre-injury form but what a pro...to recover from such a horrific injury and still perform at a very high level well into his 30s. Man's blue to the core...Big Dunc was giving him a bear hug and smothering him in kisses at the final whistle....great scenes. Hoodoo broken. I expect to win derbies more regularly now with Carlo as manager. Final words for the eyebrow...he got every decision right last night.