FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Mc Nallys Ballsack

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 12, 2019, 01:04:25 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 08, 2018, 06:24:48 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 08, 2018, 03:55:30 PM
Unless Rice is some genius player, it'd be mad not to go with Ireland. Look at the likes of McAteer, Big Cas, Townsend, Houghton, Kilbane, Etc. Those fellas are all legends in Ireland, and ended up with decent media careers on rte/tv3 etc, released autobiographies etc. They made a decent living from the game after retiring.

What would Rice amount to? A small fish in a huge pond in England. A few caps (if he's lucky) then never to be heard of again.
But from an earnings perspective, one English cap pays mote than 1,000 Irish ones. Depends on his priorities.

But its moot, the bridges are ablaze
first time watching Rice live. He looks the real deal in midfield. Very composed. Would love to see him play for us.

Probably be a Man City player after January and if he is he'll likely declare for England

Applesisapples

Why are Ireland running after Rice, let him go earn his one England cap.

lurganblue

Read anything into the tweet/pic today of Rice in the new skip?

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: lurganblue on January 14, 2019, 08:30:57 PM

bit of a strange one at first glance - surely if he hasn't decided that could antagonise him
Hasta la victoria siempre

screenexile

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 14, 2019, 10:27:32 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on January 14, 2019, 08:30:57 PM

bit of a strange one at first glance - surely if he hasn't decided that could antagonise him

Indeed... it's f**king John Delaney in charge though so anything could happen!!

Dolph1

Might not be the right place to put this but delighted for Thierry Henry getting the chop after only 3 months at Monaco.

C***

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Denn Forever

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 25, 2019, 11:51:19 AM
Might not be the right place to put this but delighted for Thierry Henry getting the chop after only 3 months at Monaco.

C***

Fabregas back to Arsenal?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dolph1

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 25, 2019, 12:14:56 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 25, 2019, 11:51:19 AM

C***

Fabregas back to Arsenal?

Don't know about that but it's sweet to see that smug POS getting taken down a notch.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

rodney trotter

They are reappointing Jardim, who was sacked before Henry took over. Aston Villa must be relived they didn't appoint Henry.

highorlow

https://twitter.com/FAIreland?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Rice not playing for us, confirmed.

I suppose the online abuse will now commence. Pity he would have been a good addition.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Boycey

lurganblue

As expected I suppose. Head turned. We move on.  To put in a statement that you are a "proud Englishman" but yet represented another country i just cant understand.

On this though that's two very recent high profile rejections for Ireland.  It must be very disheartening for the youth coaches working with with these lads. All that effort for England's benefit. I know it affects every country but for me the rules on this need to be changed.

AZOffaly

Quote from: highorlow on February 13, 2019, 04:08:01 PM
https://twitter.com/FAIreland?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Rice not playing for us, confirmed.

I suppose the online abuse will now commence. Pity he would have been a good addition.

They must feel a bit stupid about their birthday tweet now.