Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2020, 10:25:02 AM
Utd were clinging on at the end of season, for whatever reason players were tired!

Not just Utd but most PL clubs looked fecked, the thought of starting of the leagues with no pre season (and rest) seems crazy.. will be a few crazy results at the stat of the leauge

Yeah, but these same players had 3 months without football. The Euro Championships were supposed to be held this summer. Most of the players will have had less games coming into the new season.

thewobbler

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 17, 2020, 10:30:29 AM
Utd were clinging on at the end of season, for whatever reason players were tired!

Not just Utd but most PL clubs looked fecked, the thought of starting of the leagues with no pre season (and rest) seems crazy.. will be a few crazy results at the stat of the leauge

Ole played the same starting team week in, week out since the restart. Showed the plus with exceptional run of results, the negatives were also evident at the end, they were out on their feet.

United were narrowly beaten by a top 4 La Liga side. If same United team was beaten by a top 4 EPL side it would generally be accepted as okay (if not necessarily welcome). People should leave the tired legs argument to the side and accept that games between similarly ranked sides are coin tosses.

Cunny Funt

Tiredness was an issue towards the end of the Premier league but not for the last few Europa league games.

Yes bench options aren't great but waiting until the 87th minute to make a change when Williams and Rashford was clearly struggling made little sense. On Rashford I don't think he's fully recovered from his back injury yet and Williams is still raw for this level, he's not a favourite for some though Shaw out injured proved to be a loss.

imtommygunn

I rarely watch united as to be honest I wouldn't be a massive fan but watched the second half last night. They are a much better team than I thought they were and were pretty good to be honest.. I wouldn't put the game down to tiredness. They weren't clinical enough and also two defenders each left a guy to the other one. They are a decent team who maybe lack a bit of experience in a few areas. Greenwood for me showed a lack of experience at times when he had quite a bit of space in the box. He should at least have been created chances. I thought the left back was very good who's not a guy I'd heard of. It was probably a game that got away from them. You always can tell when a team applies a load of pressure and doesn't capitalise that they'll get sucker punched and so they did. They definitely have come on a lot from earlier in the season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 17, 2020, 10:40:12 AM

Yeah, but these same players had 3 months without football. The Euro Championships were supposed to be held this summer. Most of the players will have had less games coming into the new season.

I agree completely!!!  Oh i feel dirty for that!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2020, 12:07:25 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 17, 2020, 10:40:12 AM

I agree completely!!!  Oh i feel dirty for that!

The top 3 in the premier league all went out of Europe in  the same fashion. They dominated their respective games (Athleti/lyon/Sevilla) but the opposing keeper was outstanding, they did not take multiple chances and ultimately got sucker punched as a result of defensive mistakes.

imtommygunn

Yeah they didn't get beat with tiredness last night. They weren't clinical enough. They need more experience in a few positions in the team.

magpie seanie

I was surprised how poor Sevilla were. United only have themselves to blame. In my opinion United didn't even play that well but totally dominated. Were poor in both boxes and paid the price. As a United supporter I want them to win everything they're in and this was a major opportunity missed. Should have picked up a trophy this season. Not overly concerned about preparation for the new season. They'll have plenty of time off and won't need a major tune up to get back to match pace. and they get a break around Christmas these times too.

Rashford's form has been concerning. While never the most clinical you'd have expected him to convert one of the chance that fell to him. One in particular that Martial cut back to him he was very slow to react and got blocked. Also Wan-Bissaka made more defensive errors in that game that he possibly has all season. Hopefully in both cases it's fatigue.

Glaringly obvious that players are needed if United are to make a serious effort in the league and champions league. I'd be concerned, as always, with the capabilities of the gobshites in the suits.

brokencrossbar1

quit yo jibbajabba

He shouldve just looked the other way.......just like he did when Sevilla scored the winner tother night 🙊

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 21, 2020, 11:15:42 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-captain-harry-maguire-22556365.amp

I see the worlds most expensive defender has got himself in a bit of bother....

Judging by that photo of him and the missus he is punching in more ways than one

Tony Baloney

King Kenny can send Ole details of a cheap t-shirt printer.

brokencrossbar1

Snippets coming out and it seems to have been serious enough. Possible aggravated assault charge

quit yo jibbajabba

Reports saying he fell in Greece and headbutted Cyprus 🤓

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 21, 2020, 03:05:09 PM
Snippets coming out and it seems to have been serious enough. Possible aggravated assault charge
Hope he won't be defending himself in court....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.