Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: markl121 on Today at 12:50:26 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on Today at 12:41:30 PMExchequer gets nothing from match tickets here.
Heard this at the weekend, GAA pay taxes on Northern games but no on Southern games
Yep, no VAT on sports admission in the 26.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

illdecide

Jasus lads don't be so tight, throw us up your spare change...lol.
On a serious note i've changed my tune now regarding Casement and the whole DUP and Government crap up here. With whatever we have in funding and handouts build whatever we can afford and f**k the whole lot of them, if it ends up a 25000 stadium so be it. Let them all go to hell and F**K the Euro's too, F**K the DUP and F**K everyone...ARRGGGHHHHH
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rossfan

The GAA probably couldn't give 2 hoots whether there's a Euro soccer game in Belfast or not.
If the IFA, 6Cos Executive, Brit Govt and various soccer supporters want it then let them pay for it.
A 5,000 seat plus 15 to 20,000 standing would do the GAA in Belfast/Antrim just fine.

tbrick18

Quote from: Rossfan on Today at 07:31:42 PMThe GAA probably couldn't give 2 hoots whether there's a Euro soccer game in Belfast or not.
If the IFA, 6Cos Executive, Brit Govt and various soccer supporters want it then let them pay for it.
A 5,000 seat plus 15 to 20,000 standing would do the GAA in Belfast/Antrim just fine.

No it wouldn't.
Part of the Casement redevelopment is that it becomes the new venue for the Ulster final as Clones is not fit for purpose.
Ulster final will sell 30K tickets annually without even trying to, could probably sell 40K.

Rossfan

In the real world if ye don't get any more money ye'll have to build what ye can with what ye've got.

Duine Inteacht Eile

Hanging your hat on future provincial championships wouldn't be very wise I don't think.

But, yeah, the "don't back down, double down" strategy has been a roaring success so I don't see any reason to change tack.