Under age amalgamation

Started by Portbush, August 31, 2016, 09:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portbush

Are the underage teams that are  amalgamated really working out for the senior teams that there youth players are involved in.

Dave like the tv channel

Maybe, maybe not. The answer is for the adult teams to amalgamate - before Portlaoise win 20 in a row.

Portbush

Have to agree with you there.i see St. Paul's there having a great run of success at the moment.i just think if they were together it would take a few years but they could have a good team out of it.for me is I can't understand how they go out at youth level and play together and at senior level there playing against each other.

haze

Quote from: Portbush on September 01, 2016, 07:17:14 PM
Have to agree with you there.i see St. Paul's there having a great run of success at the moment.i just think if they were together it would take a few years but they could have a good team out of it.for me is I can't understand how they go out at youth level and play together and at senior level there playing against each other.

out of interest are you proposing a new club amalgamtion or an amalgamation for purposes of playing senior football where clubs retain identity and play at lower level (Kerry system if you like).

If it's option 1, I wonder what appetite would you think might there be in Courtwood, Emo or the Rock would be willing to fold their current identity to create a new combined one?

Lots of valid calls on this forum for fresh thinking when it comes to re-invigorating senior championship but not always clear from people who want to see amalgamtions what form they want them to take.

Don Draper

To play devils advocate, and I would be in favor of amalgamations in theory, but I'd like to hear how Borris Kilcotton are getting on with theirs since they joined. At the time it was the most obvious thing in the world, and almost pointed to immediate success at adult level were it to go through, but while it may not be far off, it hasn't happened yet (in the grade that matters). How is the feeling up there about it I wonder, across the grades?

Portbush

What I can see is its not working. This year courtwood lost against the rock in championship.st Pauls use to be emo courtwood now the rock are in.i think  they come in at under 16 level not sure on that.now have courtwood benefited from the rock joining the St. Paul's set up I don't think so.you would get the odd reply o we are winning but it's St. Paul's that are winning not emo the rock or  Courtwood. I see in the hurling there are a lot of senior teams joined and some have won championships.

Ogie

Don,
I know you like nothing more than trying to stir shit on this forum among your hurling club counterparts, this topic from reading it was all about the football underage set ups following on from the Minor Football final result
But to reply to your point and put it to bed the amalgamation in Borris Kilcotton, like Rathdowney Errill, has become a non issue, it's now the norm,
Of course people criticise the Senior team & other teams when they perform poorly the same as other clubs but theirs never a mention of parting or going backwards, would we like more members, more volunteers, more money, more success, are their a few fella's that think the should be playing on the team above them, all Yes of course, the same as every club.
Would we dearly love a Senior hurling final Yes, but their not handed out easily.
Would it cement and bring more members into the club on the bandwagon, yes, but we're going ok, and like the politicians say we will be ok 'going forward'.

Borris Kilcotton, Rathdowney Errill are not part of this conversation, both have been playing underage together for a long long time and was the foundation for this amalgamation which was strongly supported in all clubs involved.
To answer your question the feeling is good & the work will continue!

Don Draper

Thats a bit out the blue Ogie, I wasn't stirring anything, merely showing BK to be a good model when discussing do underage amalgamations prove fruitful when moved to adult level. I doubt my post would bring it down if thats what you felt. I think its a good amalgamation and an obvious one, but merely showed that it must be worked at as an amalgamation alone won't bring success, hard work will be required also, as well as staying the course. I'd imagine it takes a strong hand to do so and thats another major element.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Ogie on September 02, 2016, 01:11:10 PM
Don,
I know you like nothing more than trying to stir shit on this forum among your hurling club counterparts, this topic from reading it was all about the football underage set ups following on from the Minor Football final result
But to reply to your point and put it to bed the amalgamation in Borris Kilcotton, like Rathdowney Errill, has become a non issue, it's now the norm,
Of course people criticise the Senior team & other teams when they perform poorly the same as other clubs but theirs never a mention of parting or going backwards, would we like more members, more volunteers, more money, more success, are their a few fella's that think the should be playing on the team above them, all Yes of course, the same as every club.
Would we dearly love a Senior hurling final Yes, but their not handed out easily.
Would it cement and bring more members into the club on the bandwagon, yes, but we're going ok, and like the politicians say we will be ok 'going forward'.

Borris Kilcotton, Rathdowney Errill are not part of this conversation, both have been playing underage together for a long long time and was the foundation for this amalgamation which was strongly supported in all clubs involved.
To answer your question the feeling is good & the work will continue!

Bit sensitive Ogie!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Ogie

Another good sneery Camross contributer keyser, God I miss Merman & a few like him with interesting posts

Don Draper

Ah so you're sensitive to all posters. Thats good to know.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Ogie on September 03, 2016, 02:18:39 AM
Another good sneery Camross contributer keyser, God I miss Merman & a few like him with interesting posts

Will you get a f**king grip man!

Point out somewhere that I have been sneery to you or somebody else?
The OP was about "underage amalgamations" and was not code specific.

Surely Borris Kilcotton would be the one most prospective "amalgamators" would look at, for a number of reasons;

1. They were together at underage.
2. They had success at underage.
3. Players wanted it.
4. It made two relatively weak senior teams into a strong senior

and finally (and perhaps most importantly)
5. There has not been the immediate success that some people (both inside and outside the BK camp) would have expected. Note the word SOME.
This point is crucial. Many possible join up partners would be cautious because "what happens if we win nothing? Will people try to break it up?" Castletown Slieve Bloom being an example!.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Don said.

Grow up and stop being so sensitive. 
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

Quote from: Portbush on September 01, 2016, 07:17:14 PM
It's not just St Paul's. You have Killeshin Crettyard. Joseph's Barrowhouse. Mountmellick Ballyfin.

Portbush

Just used St. Paul's as a example that all because they are neighbouring club.but my question in general do you think these amalgamated clubs are working for the clubs involved.have any senior teams benefited from these amalgamation.

SCFC

I see a combination of Clonad, Ballinakill and Park Ratheniska won the under 16 B hurling last night. Is that a new set up this year?