Armagh v Louth @ 'Bridge

Started by bennydorano, October 04, 2007, 09:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 04, 2007, 12:30:03 PM
i thought it was at 3.45 lads?
The throw in has been put back to accomodate Louth - 12 months notice isn't enough for them! 

It was moved back so as those wanting to go to the Louth intermediate final and also this game could do so!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

KB
QuoteAnyway, the set-up at the bridge is a credit and i am hoping to be in attendance on sunday.
out of interest, who is ref in the game?
Pat McEneaney is the ref.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotei hear mc keever wont play on sunday because its for the opening of the bridge i hope he swallows his pride and turns up to represent his county

For feck's sake, the fella has a hugely important league match for his club a few hours before throw in. Do you not think that might have a lot more to do with his appearance or non-appearance (and I've no idea whether he's going to play or not) than your paranoid bullshit story.

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

joebloggs

Armagh beat Louth today 2-15  to 1-15. Good game and some good performances by the Armagh boys.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: joebloggs on October 07, 2007, 08:00:48 PM
Armagh beat Louth today 2-15  to 1-15. Good game and some good performances by the Armagh boys.

Could you tell us who the "Armagh boys" were?
"Stercus accidit"

orangeman

Any report on the game and does anybody have the line ups ? Thanks

joebloggs

goal was from the bridge miechal reel, then full back was quinn from mullaghbawn, dont know who the corner backs were but number four was good. araon kernan was half back was very good. charlie vernon and paul keenan, keenan in particular played well. thik there was another bridge man mcevoy around that area too he played well. brian mallon center half forward was good. Loughran from carrickcruppen played well and mccann from the bridge got a few points too. Kieran toner got stuck in and the number seven was pretty good too. Stephen kernan also played. o rourke from dromintee came on a sub late on as did the substitue goalie but i dont know the names of the rest sorry. They played pretty decently and looked a good physical side although im sure louth were probably missin a few players too.

orangeman

Armagh Exile

At todays game at Silverbridge Peter McDonnell had two assistants namely Denis Hollywood (St Michael's) and Benny O'Kane (Armagh Harps).  Enda McNulty was also on the line but I can't say in what capacity.
McDonnell seemed to be very quiet with Hollywood and O'Kane being more vocal.

orangeman

Would Mc Nulty be part of the backroom team now or is he just taking it easy ?

pintsofguinness

Very successful day for the 'Bridge.  It was nice to see so many come out to support us, hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves. 

Against the Breeze

Was at the game in the bridge today.  It was a low enough key match but there  was some very good performances. 

The Armagh Team Lined out as follows (I think)

Micheal Reel
Gareth Smyth
Martin Gill
Kevin Morris
Aaron Kernan
Mark Quinn
Brendan McKeown
Paul Keenan
Charlie Vernon
Stephen Kernan
Brian Mallon
Cormac McAvoy
Damien McCann
Ronan Austin
Peter Loughran

Louth were very poor though you cant take it away from Armagh today.  Going through the team I think Aaron Kernan and Brain Mallon were the so called more "experienced" players on the Armagh team..   Good performances all around the pitch.  Thought Smyth and Morris were tenacious in defence while Aaron covered a lot of ground but was looking after himself naturally enough I suppose.   Thought Paul Keenan played well.. He set up a lot of the play and popped the ball around rightly.  There were a few times his passing was wayward and he could have being guilty in terms of his workrate but all in all I thought he was one of Armaghs best players on show today along with Smyth and Loughran.  Thought Peter Loughran showed glimpses of class today and IMO I wouldn't mind seeing him with the more seasoned players around him.   Great to see Brian Mallon back and he took some wonderful scores..

Fair play to the bridge for their facilities, they really are second to none and the pitch today and everything else that went with it was first class! 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: joebloggs on October 07, 2007, 08:58:17 PM
goal was from the bridge miechal reel, then full back was quinn from mullaghbawn, dont know who the corner backs were but number four was good. araon kernan was half back was very good. charlie vernon and paul keenan, keenan in particular played well. thik there was another bridge man mcevoy around that area too he played well. brian mallon center half forward was good. Loughran from carrickcruppen played well and mccann from the bridge got a few points too. Kieran toner got stuck in and the number seven was pretty good too. Stephen kernan also played. o rourke from dromintee came on a sub late on as did the substitue goalie but i dont know the names of the rest sorry. They played pretty decently and looked a good physical side although im sure louth were probably missin a few players too.
According to the programme (how did the young lads at the gate miss you?) number four was Kevin Morris (Harps).  Number 2 was Gareth Smyth (Mullaghbawn).  Our Cormac McAvoy was 12.
I only seen about 10 minutes of the game but in those ten our Damien McCann took two fine points. 
I heard Keenan was about armagh's best.