do you mind the time?

Started by cadhlancian, January 25, 2009, 10:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Was talking with someone the other day, and this came up..to be honest , dosn't happen as much now.Right up until probably late 90's, if a team was losing, or even getting battered!, wasn't it always the poor unfortunate bastard of a corner forward who got the curly finger  to come off ;D No matter if the ball never came over the halfway line, it was still the same. Thankfully most managers now have evolutionised, and this doesnt happen,but do you mind the time......! :D

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

bigpaul

Still happens alright but not as much(I would say the fact that it has been highlighted so much over the years,club managers would only make that switch now if they were totally certain). The best one I ever saw was a club match where the manager took off the corner forward, moved the goalkeeper to the corner and brought on the sub-goalkeeper! If anyone can come up with a better switch(real or imaginary)I will give a prize.

thebandit

When my father was a young fella, he was secretary of the club (because he could read Irish), and the first game he was doing the teams out for, he handed the manager 3 bits of paper. The manager was only used to getting one, and enquired what the other two were for, to which my father replied: "That's for when you take off the 2 corner forwards!"

Hardy

Someone had a great story here about a manager calling a player off.

"But we have no subs!", says the player.
"Ah come on off anyway", says the manager. 

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on January 26, 2009, 12:35:32 PM
Someone had a great story here about a manager calling a player off.

"But we have no subs!", says the player.
"Ah come on off anyway", says the manager. 

Brian Clough did that once in a soccer game.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians