Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: MayoBuck on December 03, 2017, 08:42:46 PM
Well done Carnacon. Great way for Cora to sign off before Oz.

I see Westport and Belmullet are through to the u21 final. Westport's senior players did much of their scoring. Some of them are future county seniors no doubt.

The dominance of Carnacon is a mixed bag for the progress of Mayo football. Their complete dominance within Mayo has left the other Senior Clubs decimated. Last year Moy Davitts put a serious effort into trying to dent their dominance and were humiliated in the County final.

That said They were superb this evening and controlled the game very well from start to finish. Cora is some player!

Cunny Funt

A first ever U21 A (Div 1) title for Westport tonight their manager some guy called Pat Holmes...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 09, 2017, 09:05:37 PM
A first ever U21 A (Div 1) title for Westport tonight their manager some guy called Pat Holmes...

Well done Pat! Seen him only a couple of weeks ago at an under age Soccer Blitz.

mrhardyannual

It's always encouraging to see fellas like Pat, John Maughan, Kevin McStay etc who are the constantly the targets of trolls, loud-mouths and pub experts continue to deliver.

MayoBuck

Looks like Donie Vaughan's transfer to Mitchels is happening. Nice coup for castlebar but seems strange when you consider the lads who travel from Dublin to play club football!

macdanger2

Quote from: MayoBuck on December 14, 2017, 11:06:27 PM
Looks like Donie Vaughan's transfer to Mitchels is happening. Nice coup for castlebar but seems strange when you consider the lads who travel from Dublin to play club football!

Christ, that's poor form

galwayman

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 14, 2017, 11:42:51 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on December 14, 2017, 11:06:27 PM

Christ, that's poor form
Yeah that must be disheartening for lads on the Ballinrobe team when your main man jumps ship 20 minutes down the road alright.
I remember Pat Kelly transferred to them a while back as well.

ballinaman

James Horan taking over Westport is bigger news in my opinion. Serious talent coming through there...expect them to serious contenders within 2-3 years.

Captain Scarlet

Is there any backstory to this. The two clubs are closeby...
I know of lads who switched clubs in the hope of staking a county claim, but that isn´t the case here.
Also if there was a rip-roaring row usually the team that is losing out digs in their heals and lodges an appeal.
Just all seems a bit pointless for him to dump his home club...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 15, 2017, 10:58:00 PM
Is there any backstory to this. The two clubs are closeby...
I know of lads who switched clubs in the hope of staking a county claim, but that isn´t the case here.
Also if there was a rip-roaring row usually the team that is losing out digs in their heals and lodges an appeal.
Just all seems a bit pointless for him to dump his home club...
No grounds for an appeal. If he is living in Castlebar he is entitled to a transfer.

vallankumous

Any reason given for the Vaughan transfer?
From the outside it looks like poor form.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: vallankumous on December 16, 2017, 11:57:22 AM

Any reason given for the Vaughan transfer?
From the outside it looks like poor form.
I have no idea but he owes nothing to anybody. I saw him play from u12 onwards in South Mayo championships where his teammates were being hammered and he was running about like a firefighter trying to put out a series of fires. Perhaps it's just ambition.  Many talk of a club for life and if that's what they believe in well and good. There are many clubs in the county that have driven a coach and four through the rule book and yet their members will castigate Vaughan. I wish him well and hope our own club beat the lard out of them.

rrhf

Has had a controversial year this year. He does a marsden in the all Ireland final and now this.

Mayo4Sam

Peter Hughes passed away at the weekend, as far as I know the one link for all of Knockmore's county championships. Learned his trade off Liam O'Neill as a player and brought a serious level of fitness to us as a trainer.
A nice man to boot

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

macdanger2

Sound fella and a great clubman. RIP