Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Ok then,  coffee and paninis! I'm as modern as the next man!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

God14

I like the look of the side Fergal Logan has named tonight. Nice balance of size & pace, particularly in that full forward line - Big Dan McNulty flanked by two sharpshooting speedsters.
Good to see Conor McKenna, still a minor this year involved from the start. He looked sensational in the MacRory cup with St Pats Armagh a couple of weeks ago
Very tall order tonight playing away against a Cavan side going for 4 in a row at this level, and with the benefit of a good win under their belt v Derry last week
But on paper at least Fergal Logan has certainly assembled a strong looking side. I felt earlier in the year our strengths lay in the forwards & wasn't so sure about the quality & quantity of our defensive options, and it seems Logan has converted a few half forwards to the defensive positions. It will be interesting I suppose to see how they fair out defensively but they will be comfortable on the ball.

Mark Mc Reynolds,
Brendan Burns,
Rory Brennan,
Ciaran Mc Laughlin,
Michael Mc Cann,
Johnathan Munroe,
Kieran Mc Geary,
Conall Mc Cann,
Declan Mc Clure,
Conor Mc Kenna,
Michael Cassidy,
Frank Burns,
Darren Mc Curry,
Dan Mc Nulty
Mark Bradley

orangeman

Quote from: God14 on March 19, 2014, 08:32:30 AM
I like the look of the side Fergal Logan has named tonight. Nice balance of size & pace, particularly in that full forward line - Big Dan McNulty flanked by two sharpshooting speedsters.
Good to see Conor McKenna, still a minor this year involved from the start. He looked sensational in the MacRory cup with St Pats Armagh a couple of weeks ago
Very tall order tonight playing away against a Cavan side going for 4 in a row at this level, and with the benefit of a good win under their belt v Derry last week
But on paper at least Fergal Logan has certainly assembled a strong looking side. I felt earlier in the year our strengths lay in the forwards & wasn't so sure about the quality & quantity of our defensive options, and it seems Logan has converted a few half forwards to the defensive positions. It will be interesting I suppose to see how they fair out defensively but they will be comfortable on the ball.

Mark Mc Reynolds,
Brendan Burns,
Rory Brennan,
Ciaran Mc Laughlin,
Michael Mc Cann,
Johnathan Munroe,
Kieran Mc Geary,
Conall Mc Cann,
Declan Mc Clure,
Conor Mc Kenna,
Michael Cassidy,
Frank Burns,
Darren Mc Curry,
Dan Mc Nulty
Mark Bradley

Seriously talented team.

Knock Yer Mucker In

What clubs are they all from? Know the most of them, but sure about the clubs for some.

God14

Mark Mc Reynolds, Edendork
Brendan Burns, Pomeroy
Rory Brennan, Trillick
Ciaran Mc Laughlin, Omagh
Michael Mc Cann, Errigal Ciaran
Johnathan Munroe, Carrickmore
Kieran Mc Geary, Pomeroy
Conall Mc Cann, Killyclogher
Declan Mc Clure, Clonoe
Conor Mc Kenna, Eglish
Michael Cassidy, Ardboe
Frank Burns, Pomeroy
Darren Mc Curry, Edendork
Dan Mc Nulty Clonoe
Mark Bradley, Killyclogher

Goals_Will_Come

Questionable defence to say the least

matchfit21

Scrap the u21s pure waste of time, training since October? Managed 6points whole game. Brutal. Be safer gathering a few lads upon the day of the game.

bigtogs

Quote from: matchfit21 on March 19, 2014, 09:49:54 PMScrap the u21s pure waste of time, training since October? Managed 6points whole game. Brutal. Be safer gathering a few lads upon the day of the
game.

Any game reports??

omagh_gael

Serious questions need to be asked at u-21...training since October for six meagre points. Something badly wrong.

Goals_Will_Come

Peter Donnelly in charge of that cavan team, serious slip up there not having him in some role within the county at some level.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 19, 2014, 11:10:16 PM
Peter Donnelly in charge of that cavan team, serious slip up there not having him in some role within the county at some level.

Donnelly is not, the manager is Peter Reilly

rodney trotter

Donnelly is the coach, like he was last year,. He has done excellent work with Cavan since he came in 08. But i dont think the whole change in fortune in Cavan under age has been all down to him. Nicholas Walsh did great work with the Development Squads and schools prior to that, before he went to Australia and work with in the AFL.

Gaffer

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 19, 2014, 10:53:27 PM
Serious questions need to be asked at u-21...training since October for six meagre points. Something badly wrong.

Only started training in late November!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

hugh the root

The gulf in class between the two teams  needs to be addressed quickly.even the established  senior player had no impact whatsoever.Peter Donnelly has done great work with Cavan and I don't understand why Tyrone let this man away to another county.The men along the line last night were dealt a harsh lesson in getting a team to perform.I am a great believer in the fact that a team must have strength and power...... Cavan had a walkover in this aspect of the game.