Champions League Final: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur June 1st 2019 20:00

Started by Dinny Breen, May 09, 2019, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on May 09, 2019, 12:37:49 PM
What a super 2 night's entertainment we just had.  I suspect that the final wont live up to that same standard but sure here's hoping.

Kane looks like he will play a part of some sort.  That might be harsh on Llorente though as I believe he played a massive part in turning that semi final around.

Will Salah and Firmino miss it?
Salah should be ok, dunno about Bobby. Hopefully Robertson is fit also though Milner would be ok cover for him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

Big occasion with these two in the final. Both managers have done an amazing job getting there especially considering how the semi finals of both panned out.

Toss of a coin on who wins and it will be very tough on who ever looses.

I think Kane should start on the bench even if fit and brought on if and when needed.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool will come out all guns blazing and take a 2 nill score at halftime, after that who knows! Hopefully it wont be like that last all Premiership CL final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2019, 12:09:53 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 09, 2019, 12:07:06 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 09, 2019, 12:05:17 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 09, 2019, 11:20:54 AM
Whoever scores the first goal, I definitely can't see the other team coming back.

Kinda happy that I will miss this as I will be on a plane. However 2 fantastic managers but the sad thing is instead of the winner been feted for winning the biggest prize in club football we can all see the loser being vilified for not having won a trophy with his current club.

Anyway Liverpool for me, the lesser of two evils but you can't beat tradition. Could be a classic, final score 4-2.

They will only be vilified by clueless idiots.

Klopp is doing extraordinary work, no matter how the final ends up.

Poch has been hamstrung by a lack of squad depth and loss of his star striker, yet still made it through to their first Champions League final, and first European final of any kind for 25 years.

I wonder who springs to mind....  :D

Wasn't really thinking about the likes of OTB. His troll offerings aren't worth consideration.

But there will be supposedly knowledgeable people, including in the media, who will fall back on "but he hasn't won anything" horseshit for whichever man loses.

Tim Sherwood springs to mind!
That's just, like your opinion man.

seafoid

Quote from: lurganblue on May 09, 2019, 12:37:49 PM
What a super 2 night's entertainment we just had.  I suspect that the final wont live up to that same standard but sure here's hoping.

Kane looks like he will play a part of some sort.  That might be harsh on Llorente though as I believe he played a massive part in turning that semi final around.

Will Salah and Firmino miss it?
Semi finals are usually far better .
It's great to Ronaldo won't be playing
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

I'll be shouting for Spurs. Makes up for ONeill shouting for Liverpool.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

All Arsenal supporters will be hoping that Spurs lose this final. Will be hard to believe it if Spurs pick up old big ears while Arsenal with some great players and teams down the years never won it.

Their run to the final reminds me of Liverpool in 2005 who lost a similar amount of games in the league, just about got out of the group and had a bit of luck along the way to reach the final.  All logic points to a Liverpool win on June 1st. They have a better manager,defence and forward line but maybe just maybe this years Champions league campaign has one last unexpected outcome?

Boycey

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 09, 2019, 05:01:25 PM
All Arsenal supporters will be hoping that Spurs lose this final. Will be hard to believe it if Spurs pick up old big ears while Arsenal with some great players and teams down the years never won it.

Their run to the final reminds me of Liverpool in 2005 who lost a similar amount of games in the league, just about got out of the group and had a bit of luck along the way to reach the final.  All logic points to a Liverpool win on June 1st. They have a better manager,defence and forward line but maybe just maybe this years Champions league campaign has one last unexpected outcome?

If football followed logic, Barca and Ajax would be playing on June 1st?

laoislad

What luck had Liverpool along the way to the 2005 final?
Beat Leverkusen 6-2 on agg, were cruising against Juve in the 1/4 Final until Scott Carson made a balls of it and allowed them to score, went to Turin and played heroically to get a 0- 0 result,then held Chelsea scoreless for 2 games to reach the final.
No luck involved.

Aaron Boone

Saw on Twitter there's a strong correlation between World Cup Golden Boot winners and their club team winning a trophy the next season. Lucky stat for Harry Kane & Tottenham.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: laoislad on May 09, 2019, 05:17:47 PM

Ghost goal v Chelsea. What looked like a good goal from Del Piero ruled out for offside v Juve.

Quote from: Boycey on May 09, 2019, 05:13:17 PM
Which is why i said maybe another unexpected twist will happen.

Armamike

Beat Leverkusen 6-2 on agg, were cruising against Juve in the 1/4 Final until Scott Carson made a balls of it and allowed them to score, went to Turin and played heroically to get a 0- 0 result,then held Chelsea scoreless for 2 games to reach the final.
No luck involved.

We were lucky Rafa decided to bring on Didi Hamann in the final for the second half  :P

Armamike

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 09, 2019, 05:37:33 PM

Ghost goal v Chelsea. What looked like a good goal from Del Piero ruled out for offside v Juve.

Teams always get a bit of luck here and there on the way to a final.

BennyCake

Will Pochettino go after the final? He hinted lately he'd quit if they won the CL. I reckon he will.

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 09, 2019, 05:37:33 PM

What Ghost goal? The one that was over the line? The same one that the Ref later said he would have given Liverpool a penalty and sent off Cech if it wasn't awarded.?