Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 07, 2018, 04:48:33 PM
Were the Nazi's not democratically elected in Germany???
Correct. But then they went about making sure they wouldnt have to worry about democracy after that.  The D.U.P. and the Tories will stand down if they dont have a majority the next time
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyCake

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 07, 2018, 04:41:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 07, 2018, 10:40:00 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 06, 2018, 10:24:33 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 06, 2018, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on May 06, 2018, 09:40:07 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 06, 2018, 09:03:23 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 06, 2018, 07:35:26 PM
The Irish people?

Nope, the British people.

They don't give a shite about Ireland so don't be waiting for them to. act

Exactly.

It's up to the Irish nationalist sector to make the economic political cultural case for unity.
Human nature being what it is economics will be the deciding factor ( just think of the Scottish result)
Matt Carty of S.F. is one of the few that has been making some sounds on unification. There is no doubt but that Brexit could have a big part to play yet.
However there is no sign that the extremes on each side are prepared to compromise on flags, parades. Irish language etc

Did you expect them to compromise?!

The British people couldn't give a flying fcuk about the North. That was more evident with the DUP deal with the Nazi party. A push in britain for a referendum on the North would do more for a UI than anything. A border poll here would mean very little compared to a border poll in Britain. Unionists here need to hear that this union they hang onto with every ounce of strength doesn't want them, couldn't give a shite about theym, and doesn't consider them british. That's the first step towards any sort of a UI.

Well seeing the I.R.A. were hopping into bed with the real Nazi party while Belfast was being bombed by the Luftwaffe maybe you shouldn't criticise the democratically elected D.U.P. for supporting the democratically elected Conservatives

I didn't criticise the DUP. But I will now.

The DUP would support any government action. Should the British government decide to nuke any country, impose any amount of cuts/tax etc, they'd back them to the hilt. Anything else, and it just wouldn't be the British thing to do, and they are so british, don't you know.

At the same time, the Tories were screwed and their only choice was to hop into bed with the DUP. The DUP ego swelled up, they felt even more important and even more british (if that's even possible). In reality, they were used by the Tories.

But that's politics, it's a disgusting cesspit of horseshite.

michaelg

Quote from: WT4E on May 07, 2018, 02:46:58 PM
Quote"We do think Jeremy Corbyn is beyond the pale due to his support for the IRA in the past, and as someone who's suffered as a result of IRA terrorism it is a very personal issue for me," Mrs Foster said.

There's your problem right there - If I hear this gremlin say the IRA tried to shoot my daddy one more time i'll cry! When the so call leader of the wee six can't move on what chance does anyone have!!!!
Is she allowed to mention how the IRA tried to blow up her school bus?  I am no fan of big Robbie myself, but not always easy to "move on" as you put it.

michaelg

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 07, 2018, 05:38:57 PM
Quote from: michaelg on May 07, 2018, 05:28:35 PM
Quote"We do think Jeremy Corbyn is beyond the pale due to his support for the IRA in the past, and as someone who's suffered as a result of IRA terrorism it is a very personal issue for me," Mrs Foster said.

There's your problem right there - If I hear this gremlin say the IRA tried to shoot my daddy one more time i'll cry! When the so call leader of the wee six can't move on what chance does anyone have!!!!
Is she allowed to mention how the IRA tried to blow up her school bus?  I am no fan of big Robbie myself, but not always easy to "move on" as you put it.

They didn't try to blow up her bus. They tried to blow up the driver who in all accounts was only getting what was coming to him. To say they were going to blow up her bus means that 25 schoolchildren were the target when that is wrong.
Are you for real?

Avondhu star

They didn't try to blow up her bus. They tried to blow up the driver who in all accounts was only getting what was coming to him. To say they were going to blow up her bus means that 25 schoolchildren were the target when that is wrong.

Would that be the Mary Lou approach or just the antics from a half pissed barstool so called republican

6th sam

You should reflect on that statement. Regardless of Arlene's anti-Irish viewpoint, you can't defend the indefensible , putting children in jeopardy as happened in that attack is absolutely appalling regardless of any other factors 

Therealdonald

Quote from: 6th sam on May 07, 2018, 06:49:05 PM

You should reflect on that statement. Regardless of Arlene's anti-Irish viewpoint, you can't defend the indefensible , putting children in jeopardy as happened in that attack is absolutely appalling regardless of any other factors

Removed it. My point was lost in the post.

michaelg

Quote from: Therealdonald on May 07, 2018, 07:33:37 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on May 07, 2018, 06:49:05 PM

Removed it. My point was lost in the post.
Your point was clear as day.

seafoid

Arlene is insane. She wants to leave the customs union and she won't talk to Corbyn. Don't unionists need things like money?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on May 07, 2018, 08:04:14 PM
Arlene is insane. She wants to leave the customs union and she won't talk to Corbyn. Don't unionists need things like money?
That's what they have in common with S.F.
The magic beans economic policies

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 07, 2018, 08:40:57 PM
That's what they have in common with S.F.
The magic beans economic policies

We the electorate are to blame....no one else. A simple cry of no surrender or tiocfaidh ar la usually gets them heading to the ballot boxes.
Acceptance of each other's traditions has to happen if there is going to be any progress......I keep going back to 'you can't eat a flag'.

BennyCake

Maybe they're going to try the "eat the fleg" approach.

HiMucker

Quote from: BennyCake on May 07, 2018, 09:02:38 PM

Well they have certainly been trying to ram it down peoples throats!

Insane Bolt

Quote from: HiMucker on May 07, 2018, 09:15:32 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 07, 2018, 09:02:38 PM

Well they have certainly been trying to ram it down peoples throats!

Contentious marches are few and far between now, compared to days gone by. The vast majority of people are too busy getting on with life, yet the minority hog the headlines......I think if they weren't given the oxygen of media attention they would die out. Here's hoping👍

Dougal Maguire

This is all part of the general Unionist insanity. They can't see beyond the end of their noses. If Corbyn is next PM they're screwed, if they had sense they'd be trying to build a relationship with him, but no they can't see that far ahead. Eventually Catholics will be in the majority n NI and a border poll will be inevitable. They should be working to make NI a comfortable place for the many 'middle of the road' Catholics who may not be dyed in the wool nationalists but no, they refuse an Irish language act,support GSTQ at football matches etc and therefore antagonise these people making a United Ireland more inevitable.
Careful now