Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

It probably shows that she is just one of her ancestors kind - a planter who only loves power and not the land - once the power over the oppressed is gone whats the point of hanging around.

How anyone could hold on to leadership with how she performs is mind boggling.

armaghniac

The point is that Dodds et al are planning a Trimble type move, and lining up jobs in the House of Lords, while the eejits that were voting for him in North Belfast will still be here. Likewise Foster will be off in England somewhere leaving the rest of people in Fermanagh to pick up the peaces after Brexit wrecks the economy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

randomusername

Quote from: WT4E on April 04, 2018, 11:29:05 PM
It probably shows that she is just one of her ancestors kind - a planter who only loves power and not the land - once the power over the oppressed is gone whats the point of hanging around.

Funny thing is her dad's a Kelly. Wonder how she reconciles that with her britishness.

armaghniac

Quote from: randomusername on April 05, 2018, 12:21:42 AM

Funny thing is her dad's a Kelly. Wonder how she reconciles that with her britishness.

maybe he was a Kelly From the Isle of Man!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

michaelg

Probably the same way Gerry reconciles his "Irishness" given his "Planter" ancestry.

randomusername

Quote from: michaelg on April 05, 2018, 07:12:38 AM

Probably the same way Gerry reconciles his "Irishness" given his "Planter" ancestry.

Well then he's very much of the same ilk as the original Irish Republicans who were presbyterians. I'd imagine Adams would probably be more comfortable with that aspect of his identity than Foster would be with hers. Bring back Peter Robinson/Ian Paisley lol.

WT4E

Glad you agree - As an Irish nationalist I'm all for anyone who was a planter and wants to stay when the island is united - I certainly wouldn't want unionists to leave or lose their identity - plenty of room for us all (and they can keep their land too)

If I was a unionist/protestant and my leader said i'm leaving if the island is united (as I have the money and resource to do so) and i'll leave the rest of you that I lead to fend for yourselves - well I'd be asking myself do I really want a leader like that???

michaelg

Quote from: randomusername on April 05, 2018, 10:03:27 AM

Well then he's very much of the same ilk as the original Irish Republicans who were presbyterians. I'd imagine Adams would probably be more comfortable with that aspect of his identity than Foster would be with hers. Bring back Peter Robinson/Ian Paisley lol.
Yeah, old Gerry is well known for his high regard for Unionists.  I think is was "bastards" that he referred to them as a year or two back.

Therealdonald

Quote from: michaelg on April 05, 2018, 11:01:36 PM

Yeah, old Gerry is well known for his high regard for Unionists.  I think is was "b**tards" that he referred to them as a year or two back.

Point out to me where Gerry was wrong with that statement?

randomusername

Yeah, old Gerry is well known for his high regard for Unionists.  I think is was "b**tards" that he referred to them as a year or two back.

I said nothing about Gerry Adams' attitude towards unionists. I just think he's more comfortable with his identity than Arlene Foster, who appears to be one step away from sporting a union jack dress a la Geri Halliwell.

haranguerer

He wasn't referring to unionists, he was referring to those who had an issue with equality, in the wake of comments by gregory campbell and his ilk

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: randomusername on April 06, 2018, 09:51:36 AM

I said nothing about Gerry Adams' attitude towards unionists. I just think he's more comfortable with his identity than Arlene Foster, who appears to be one step away from sporting a union jack dress a la Geri Halliwell.

Let's pray that she never makes that last step then!!!!

RedHand88

He didn't refer to unionists as b******s. He referred to certain bigots within the dup as b******s. But the unionist newspapers ran a story about how sf were out to get all unionists and people like you have lapped it up without reading the actual full quote. Bear in mind this was a few days after the curry my yoghurt incident.

red hander

Don't let the f**king door hit you on the way out, Robbie Coltrane

michaelg

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 06, 2018, 01:28:38 PM

He didn't refer to unionists as b******s. He referred to certain bigots within the dup as b******s. But the unionist newspapers ran a story about how sf were out to get all unionists and people like you have lapped it up without reading the actual full quote. Bear in mind this was a few days after the curry my yoghurt incident.
Tbf, the "bastards" comment was  small beer compared to condoning the murder of people from the unionist community over 30 odd  years.