Author Topic: Paddy Jackson apology  (Read 40027 times)

David McKeown

• View Profile
Re: Paddy Jackson apology
« Reply #660 on: May 12, 2019, 12:56:38 PM »
This one could go through hundreds of phases

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/susan-mckay-public-disquiet-lingered-long-after-belfast-rape-trial-1.3887885

I would take articles like that more seriously if they were at least factually accurate however when they get basic details like the sex of barristers wrong in an attempt to make a point it for me massively diminishes what is a very serious issue.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 12, 2019, 02:34:39 PM »

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/susan-mckay-public-disquiet-lingered-long-after-belfast-rape-trial-1.3887885

Nope, nothing in that report either.  It will go through as many phases it likes, the guys were acquitted and found not guilty of rape. Guilty of being dicks and having their WhatsApps reported, I’d say there is a lot worse in people’s phones who are in much more respected jobs that someone who plays rugby!
The lingering public disquiet mentioned in the article was not about the behavior of rugby d**kheads or whether they were guilty or not, but the harrowing inklings felt about the experience for any woman in such circumstance in open court facing the humiliating ordeal of what passes for process.

The process as you put it has nothing to do with Jackson. Play the ball not the man?
Did I say the process had anything to do with Jackson? quite the opposite.
You are the clown ;D
Good man, personal insults backs up your post, well done
My post doesn't need backing up. You're just too dumb and emotional to comprehend it.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 12, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »

Nope, nothing in that report either.  It will go through as many phases it likes, the guys were acquitted and found not guilty of rape. Guilty of being dicks and having their WhatsApps reported, I’d say there is a lot worse in people’s phones who are in much more respected jobs that someone who plays rugby!
The lingering public disquiet mentioned in the article was not about the behavior of rugby d**kheads or whether they were guilty or not, but the harrowing inklings felt about the experience for any woman in such circumstance in open court facing the humiliating ordeal of what passes for process.

The process as you put it has nothing to do with Jackson. Play the ball not the man?
Did I say the process had anything to do with Jackson? quite the opposite.
You are the clown ;D
Good man, personal insults backs up your post, well done
My post doesn't need backing up. You're just too dumb and emotional to comprehend it.

More personal attack’s

Ok, indulge me, are you complaining about the court process? It is what it is, if you’re interested enough in changing it what methods are available to you to change it?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 12, 2019, 04:35:07 PM »
If the court verdict had closed the issue the IRFU wouldn’t have sacked the players.
For better or worse this is a polarising story. Nobody wins.
Lookit