Could Ben Stokes play hurling?

Started by rrhf, May 30, 2019, 09:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

We need a proper definition of hardness here lads

Hardness relates to how much the surface will indent eg handball v golf ball, not much to do with it at all, and nothing much to do with speed thru the air

A cricket ball is heavier so it will have a greater force striking your hand but the fact it is heavier means and the awkward swing of a cricket bat would mean that its initial speed may be slower... then again the cricket bat is harder with less give than a hurl so this should mean more energy transferred into  ball speed

Also The force that it strikes ones hand could be a hindrance, tho could also assist in the catch as if it strikes your hand reflexing the fingers closed.

rrhf

Not taking away from stokes' catch one bit... I thought it sensational and world class. But beyond hurling which is ridiculous in terms of skill perfection baseball must have equal magnificence in the catching examples.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rrhf on June 01, 2019, 12:19:19 AM
Not taking away from stokes' catch one bit... I thought it sensational and world class. But beyond hurling which is ridiculous in terms of skill perfection baseball must have equal magnificence in the catching examples.

They've those big leather mits though to catch it, cheating really
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2019, 12:46:24 AM
Quote from: rrhf on June 01, 2019, 12:19:19 AM

They've those big leather mits though to catch it, cheating really

OK...try this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzEP9O3tA7c