Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Jim Nelson, Manager of the Antrim 89 team
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jeepers Creepers

sans pessimism

Quote from: stephenite on March 09, 2015, 10:39:59 AM
Former Ulster Unionist leader Jim Molyneaux dies aged 94
always struck me as being a cold, gruff 'Ulster says no to everything' type of man.As many times his face appeared on the screen,I never once saw him smile.I always imagined that he modeled himself on his predecessor,s Carson &Craig.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

5 Sams

Sam Simon co creator of the Simpsons aged 59.
The Aristocrat Years

Bingo

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 12, 2015, 12:35:24 PM
Tony Fenton  :(

http://www.joe.ie/news/irish-radio-legend-tony-fenton-has-died/488125

Just heard this, had been wondering why Today FM had stopped talking and was just playing music.

Grew up listening to the Hotline on Radio 2/2FM with Tony Fenton, always seemed such a happy person. RIP.

Harold Disgracey

Terry Pratchett

@terryandrob: Terry took Death's arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night.

AZOffaly

Ah that's sad. I've read all his Discworld Books. Very witty and satirical. I knew he was suffering from Alzheimers. I presume that's what happened in the end? I hope DEATH looks after him well.

CD

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Santino

If I should only read one Pratchett book what should it be?

CD

Quote from: Santino on March 12, 2015, 07:12:43 PM
If I should only read one Pratchett book what should it be?
Hard call. I loved the 'Vimes' books beginning with 'Guards, Guards!' The pick of them is Night Watch but I wouldn't read it without having read the others. Everyone seems to have their own favourites.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Santino

Ta! Might look into it

deiseach

Mort is the first truly good Discworld book. If you only read one, it should be Guards! Guards! There are better ones after that - I love Feet of Clay - but they require reading the earlier books to get the full value out of them.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: deiseach on March 12, 2015, 09:52:02 PM
Mort is the first truly good Discworld book. If you only read one, it should be Guards! Guards! There are better ones after that - I love Feet of Clay - but they require reading the earlier books to get the full value out of them.
I think I have asked before but are the Discworld books suitable for an 11 year old?