Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

Just after seeing that, kidney failure apparently.

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on November 18, 2015, 12:17:07 AM
All Blacks legend Jonah Lomu. RIP

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/74160034/all-blacks-legend-jonah-lomu-dies

Never forget him tramping over the English men as he pounded his way to another try.

5 Sams

Wow Cant believe that. He seemed immortal at one stage.
The Aristocrat Years

omaghjoe

StGallsGAA

Terrible.  He looked quit failed the last few times I saw him on TV and thought at the time he was only at an age when most other men are starting to fill out! 

Captain Obvious

moysider

A legend. Only 40 and ill for so many of those years. RIP.

J70

That is shocking about Lomu. :(

heganboy

Without any doubt, the best i have ever seen. It was an absolute joy to watch that man play rugby. He was that good and i mean really that good playing at 80%, can you even imagine?
The Jordan of rugby, transcended the sport, brought it to the world.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

The man utterly transformed the sport. As it turned professional, he was the global, marketable superstar it needed and boy could he play. I remember watching the '95 World Cup at the age of 8 and being upset that it was taking up so much time on ITV that Home and Away was getting moved around but then I saw some of his performances and was hooked. That was the first time I really "got" rugby. It was suddenly lightning fast and heart-stoppingly exciting. A legend who will be missed.

RIP Jonah.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

bennydorano

Sad news. RIP.

Can still see the look of terror on some England faces in 1995. Poor oul Tony Underwood will be a back in limelight today too.

Farrandeelin

RIP Jonah Lomu. Hard to believe isn't it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maddog

Had the pleasure of seeing him play live on a couple of occasions. Unreal power and pace. The sight of 3 or 4 men unble to bring him down was something else.
Rest in peace.

deiseach

I recall him being the first in line to congratulate the French after they shocked New Zealand in the 1999 World Cup. A class act. RIP.