Dogs

Started by ardal, November 22, 2008, 12:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardal

Just watched some programme I suppose was bought from the BBC, with some ol straight laced snob teaching the english how to train dogs properly.

One of the owners says: "I really fear that he (an american bull dog) will bite somebody someday, then be put down. I'd be devastated". What about the poor child(presumably) that get's bitten. Nice priorities Mrs.

This then got me thinking abouts how pathetic it is for people to have large (working) dogs in houses / cities. Recently saw a Husky being taken for a walk; everyone lives in appartments here, I'd've loved to have shot the owner. Although I hate these little rat type dogs that people have, it's the only suitable dog for people who believe a dog should be kept in the house in the town etc.

So what do you have and in what type of environment do you live (city, town, country, dog in house, outside etc)? Remember a dog's not only for christmas, you can treat it miserably all year round.

ziggysego

Were you bit by a dog as a child?
Testing Accessibility

ardal

Weren't we all ?(ok include horse, cow, pig, rabbit, grandparents etc in the "were you bitten question")

pintsofguinness

Ardal, I'd have more of a issue with people who don't look after the dog then the ones who have a big dog in the house. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ardal

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2008, 01:21:42 PM
Ardal, I'd have more of a issue with people who don't look after the dog then the ones who have a big dog in the house. 

All comes down to your definition of "look after". Most of us (households) work each day until late in the evening, is it grand to let the labrador go for a quick run and shite on the street in Dundalk, but take it for a big walk over the weekend?

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ardal on November 22, 2008, 01:27:43 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 22, 2008, 01:21:42 PM

All comes down to your definition of "look after". Most of us (households) work each day until late in the evening, is it grand to let the labrador go for a quick run and shite on the street in Dundalk, but take it for a big walk over the weekend?
I don't know ardal, I've never seen a lab in a town to know if it's happy or not.  I do know my sister has a lab and althoguh it's got a big garden to run around in it refuses to budge from the fire if it's too cold/wet or dark! outside! 
Friends of mine had a husky type dog. It was kept outside, had any amount of fields to run around in at any time, there was always someone about the house but no one would look at it and it spent most of the time curled up on the neighbours door step. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fitzroyalty

we've a lab, laziest shite you'll ever come across, but since we live on edge of town she gets brought out wind rain or shine and walked til shes ready to collapse!would that count as being cruel?

ardal

Pog, I accept whole heartedly what you say ref the husky, and their elk. Some feckers are just cruel / evil. Accepting this as the basis of cruelty to animals, I seriously think that "wee dafties" with big dogs in cities / towns, or people who simply feed the dog but don't exercise it, are equally guilty of cruelty.

ardal

Quote from: fitzroyalty on November 22, 2008, 01:50:30 PM
we've a lab, laziest shite you'll ever come across, but since we live on edge of town she gets brought out wind rain or shine and walked til shes ready to collapse!would that count as being cruel?

No, I'd think that's dead on. It's the city feckers I'm probably getting at who think the house and steet is a dogs natural domain

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility