American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

In fairness to the Steelers, their D has taken a big hot over the last month losing Haden and then Shazier.

Syferus

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 12, 2017, 05:52:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 12, 2017, 05:15:56 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 12, 2017, 05:07:43 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 12, 2017, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: TabClear on December 12, 2017, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2017, 04:06:37 PM
It'd be a home game for the other team :)  They are masters of impoding alright, but they have a lot of the parts. If Rivers stays hot he's very good. They have a legitimate receiver, and possibly a decent backup cast, They have a good  running back and scat back. They have a good D line. They have a good Tight End. They have a lot of the elements you need. But it's hard to see them going toe to toe with a really good team and winning.

They are now 7-6 after starting 0-4, so that's good form. Their last 3 games are @Chiefs, @Jets and v Raiders. They have it all in front of them. If they win out, they'll be 10-6 and they'll be dangerous. However when they lose to the Chiefs and away to the Jets, the last game will be moot :)

Chiefs could be a darkhorse for the Superbowl. When they are on they are really good and there were signs in the first half on Sunday that they had their mojo back. Then they showed everyone in the second half why they dont.

They'd need to cop on with their play calling. It improved a bit last week but as a Kelce owner in one of my fantasy league it has been frustrating watching the Chiefs. He's far and away their best receiver and has been criminally underutilised in my view.

Most dangerous team I feel in the AFC race is the Jags. They have a mean D and with the Pats loss they could get a bye as well. Plus they have Coughlin there. Interesting times.

You won't win much with Blake Bortles. The AFC is still Pats or Steelers despite some trendy picks getting a mention here.

I'd love to see the Chiefs hit their early season form again, they looked like genuine SB contenders in their first half dozen or so games.

Ravens won with Flacco. TB with Brad Johnson. Defense wins Superbowls. Dolphins showed the Pats up last night. Take the middle away from Brady, jam Cooks and they struggle. Plus it was evident how reliant they are on Gronk now. The Steelers are limping along. We've seen the Pats do this lots of times before and for every year that Brady has looked like the man, theres another year where he's looked ordinary. I'll stick with a Jags-Falcons Superbowl

I don't know if you're trolling because Flacco's post-season stats that year were 11 TD - 0 INT and a passer ratting of 117.2. Comparing that to Bortles is mind-boggling.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on December 12, 2017, 06:15:09 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 12, 2017, 05:52:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on December 12, 2017, 05:15:56 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 12, 2017, 05:07:43 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 12, 2017, 04:55:37 PM
Quote from: TabClear on December 12, 2017, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2017, 04:06:37 PM
It'd be a home game for the other team :)  They are masters of impoding alright, but they have a lot of the parts. If Rivers stays hot he's very good. They have a legitimate receiver, and possibly a decent backup cast, They have a good  running back and scat back. They have a good D line. They have a good Tight End. They have a lot of the elements you need. But it's hard to see them going toe to toe with a really good team and winning.

They are now 7-6 after starting 0-4, so that's good form. Their last 3 games are @Chiefs, @Jets and v Raiders. They have it all in front of them. If they win out, they'll be 10-6 and they'll be dangerous. However when they lose to the Chiefs and away to the Jets, the last game will be moot :)

Chiefs could be a darkhorse for the Superbowl. When they are on they are really good and there were signs in the first half on Sunday that they had their mojo back. Then they showed everyone in the second half why they dont.

They'd need to cop on with their play calling. It improved a bit last week but as a Kelce owner in one of my fantasy league it has been frustrating watching the Chiefs. He's far and away their best receiver and has been criminally underutilised in my view.

Most dangerous team I feel in the AFC race is the Jags. They have a mean D and with the Pats loss they could get a bye as well. Plus they have Coughlin there. Interesting times.

You won't win much with Blake Bortles. The AFC is still Pats or Steelers despite some trendy picks getting a mention here.

I'd love to see the Chiefs hit their early season form again, they looked like genuine SB contenders in their first half dozen or so games.

Ravens won with Flacco. TB with Brad Johnson. Defense wins Superbowls. Dolphins showed the Pats up last night. Take the middle away from Brady, jam Cooks and they struggle. Plus it was evident how reliant they are on Gronk now. The Steelers are limping along. We've seen the Pats do this lots of times before and for every year that Brady has looked like the man, theres another year where he's looked ordinary. I'll stick with a Jags-Falcons Superbowl

I don't know if you're trolling because Flacco's post-season stats that year were 11 TD - 0 INT and a passer ratting of 117.2. Comparing that to Bortles is mind-boggling.

Yeah and his stats before playoffs were 22-10 wth 87.7. Nothing before that year or since that year has proved anything. His playoff run was a once in a lifetime run, carried by a great defence on a last ride

Clov

The Chiefs look like a busted flush to me. There defense has been brutal all year, even when they were winning early, and after their hot start their offense has been found out a bit. I wouldn't fancy their chances against any of the AFC playoff contenders at this stage.

I think the Jags have a chance, even with Bortles under centre, if only because the AFC is so mediocre outside of the Pats.

Homefield advantage is going to be quite important in the NFC.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

AZOffaly

Can't see the jags. Cardinals beat them a couple of weeks ago. I think that afc south is overrated.  As I said Pitt burgh or new England for me but chargers and ravens as outside bets.

Therealdonald

Minder

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 13, 2017, 05:54:28 PM
Packers got a chance?

Nah, Panthers Vikes & Lions to finish. Doubt they win all 3, especially when you look at the fact the Browns should have beaten them
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on December 13, 2017, 05:56:00 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 13, 2017, 05:54:28 PM
Packers got a chance?

Nah, Panthers Vikes & Lions to finish. Doubt they win all 3, especially when you look at the fact the Browns should have beaten them

Rodgers will be a big boost, but will he survive the first sack?

Capt Pat

Well Rodgers wasn't good enough to get it done in Carolina. They lost 31-24.

The vikings clinched the nfc north with a cake walk 34-7 win over the Bengals.

The Seahawks are really struggling against the Rams down by 20 to nil in the first half.

Minder

Bad looking injury for Antonio Brown, just put the Pats in the Super Bowl ffs
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Foles with four scores and zero interceptions to seal a first round bye. Handy backup to have but the Giants should have won it at the end and having got them to the redzone, Manning threw some terrible passes to try and get the score.

gallsman

This might be the end of the Seattle D. Obviously banged up so badly but giving up 34 in a half is so unlike them.

Syferus

Would like to see the Eagles win out more now they have a backup QB. The best parts of the NFL are the unique stories that can crop up, in this case Foles coming full circle and returning to being the starter for the team that drafted him.

Capt Pat

Patriots have just taken the lead over the Steelers with less than a minute left 27-24.

screenexile

You know he's going to throw it to Gronk but it's still impossible to stop him!