Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Just thought id start one on the new board   ;D

BallyhaiseMan

Crossmaglen beat Mullahoran by 2-13 to 1-07 today, Disappointing... not sure how Drumalee got on?

Blue06

Just carrying on from the old board where AC39 was having another go at Keogan for bringing John McGinn on board as team co-ordinater.  Behind the times you are AC39(as you suggested yourself) as Eamon Coleman appointed Mickey Reilly as team 'liaison officer' 3 years ago when he took over.  Don't know if he continued this role in McElklennons time though. 

McGinn imo is an excellent administrator and will do a good job.  Keogans responsibility is to create a successful Cavan team and issues such as players expenses etc shouldn't be taking up his time. 

cavanmaniac

Yeah the Mullahoors didn't stand up to Cross like I thought they would. Sad reflection on Cavan club football etc. etc. we say the same every year!

Hope Drumalee did well anyway.

cavan4ever

heard drumalee were beat by four points.  dissapointed by mullahorn i though they would have put up a better fight but i suppose the early goal didn't help.

BallyhaiseMan

Fixtures for this weekend and the next few weekends aswell...Just to bump up this thread.

Saturday 18th November.

T.P.Smith.

A.C.F.L. Division 1

Final.

Ballinagh v Gowna

in Cornafean at 2.30 p.m.

Referee : Packie Smith.

Linesmen : Brendan Sweeney,Martin Sexton.

Hotel Kilmore.

Under 21 Division 1.

Championship(Semi-Final)

Lurgan v Castlerahan

in Kingscourt at 2 p.m.

Referee : Donal Reilly.

(Extra time if necessary)

Hotel Kilmore.

Under 21 Division 2.

Championship (Semi-Final)

Drumalee v Ballyhaise

in Lavey at 2 p.m.

Referee : Padraig Kelleher.

Sunday 19th November.

Lakeside Manor Hotel.

A.C.F.L. Division 3.

Semi-Final (Replay)

Cornafean v Killeshandra

in Templeport at 2 p.m.

Referee : Joe McQuillan.

Linesmen : Jim Hyland,James Clarke.

Hotel Kilmore.

Under 21 Division 2.

Semi-Final.

Lavey v Shercock

in Virginia at 2 p.m.

Referee : Robbie McDermott.

Sunday 26th November.

Hotel Kilmore.

Under 21 Division 1

Championship Semi-Final .

Parnells v Killygarry

in Templeport at 2 p.m.

Referee : M.G.Brady.

Hotel Kilmore.

Under 21 Division 2.

Championship Final.

Drumalee or Ballyhaise

V

Lavey or Shercock

Sunday 3rd December.

Hotel Kilmore.

Under 21 Division 1.

Championship Final

Lurgan or Castlerahan

V

Parnells or Killygarry

Lakeside Manor Hotel.

A.C.F.L. Division 3.

Final.

Cavan Gaels v Cornafean or Killeshandra

Suspensions.

Dean Connolly Cootehill.

rest of game effective 07/10/06.

Fiachra Cork Castlerahan.

4 weeks plus next game in competition

effective from 29/10/06.

Donal Thomas Killygarry.

effective from 28/10/06.

Sean McCormick Ballyhaise

rest of game effective 04/11/06.

Thomas Cooney Bailieborough

effective from 04/11/06.

Fergal Slowey Ballyhaise.

rest of game effective 28/10/06.

cavan4ever

Anyone any news on how county training is going?

CavanCola

Any idea when the senior team will be playing their first match under Keoghan? ???
Are there any challenge match's we could review progress at?
All this talk about Gallagher... I guess it gives us options at least. He can be shown the road if he starts giving trouble. Who'd want him after that anyway... so I think its up to him to behave.

cavanmaniac

Cavan Cola, there's a blast from the past!! Those of a certain vintage will remember it's bottled stout-like consistency and blackness, pleasing moustache left on the lips after a swig, and also the near-scrape they could have had with chronic ill-health if the EU hadn't banned it for having too much sugar and God knows what else in it.

At least that's what I heard had happened anyway. Anyone else remember it? ;D

cavan4ever

yeah it was some stuff.  are u serious about it being banned 4 having 2 mcuh sugar?  ::)

CavanCola

Cavan Cola would put hairs on your chest. Does its 80's demise coincide with the deterioration in Cavan's football fortunes? Maybe Donal K should consider restocking the Cavan panels training sessions with the black stuff instead of these fancy multicoloured energy drinks that are only drank by a shower of rugby and soccer ponces anyway. 

Anyway I'm sure Donal has already thought this one threw as he looks like a fella who drank gallons of the stuff when he was a young fella. Anyone know anything about challenge matchs for Cavan Seniors? Thanks!

cavanmaniac

Heard nothing abiut challenge matches cavancola, alls I know is that there's a panel of about 40 in training on the weights with Keogan when he's not off hunting in Fermanagh.

cavan4ever, that's how the legend goes...apparently Brussels was aghast when it was appointed supreme guardian of the small intestines of our fair nation, and probed a bottle of our fine beverage to see how it stacked up in the health and safety stakes. It turned out to have more Es than a rave in Amsterdam and if taken in sufficient quantity, most likely produced the same effect.

Sad was its passing. I was weaned on that stuff. Mothers of hyperactive Cavan children heaved a sigh of relief when it disappeared from the shelves and little Johnny was belatedly and reluctantly peeled off the sitting room chandelier in something approaching a mood of calm. Sigh, different era, great times... ;D

cavan4ever

Cavan Cola never did us any harm. If the youth of today had of been brought up on it there mightn't be as much drugs and teenage pregnancy's in our once great county ;)

Rossi

Ah!! Cavan Cola the nectar of the Gods.As maniac says different era .....great times.

mylestheslasher

I know a publican that keeps a vintage bottle of Cavan Cola under the counter beside the potcheen for special occassions. This same publican told me he seen Eddie Reilly swiging out of a bottle of it one night - Good job Brussels put an end to it or we'd have a bunch of wild long hair mad men running around the county. Eddie is a lesson to us all.