Westmeath v Donegal

Started by J70, July 08, 2007, 05:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navaniarmhi

they're certainly doing their best to confuse lads.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can I take it that the match is defo at 7pm as its going to be a bollix getting there at the best of times and arriving at the wrong time would really piss me off!  ;)
Tbc....

Mentalman

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 01:51:24 AM
Can I take it that the match is defo at 7pm as its going to be a bollix getting there at the best of times and arriving at the wrong time would really piss me off!  ;)

7 it is, 5 of you fancy some hurling ;)

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Mentalman

QuoteWestmeath unchanged for Donegal visit
13 July 2007

Westmeath manager Tomas O Flatharta has named an identical side to the one that easily accounted for Longford last Saturday, for his side's clash with Donegal at Cusack Park, Mullingar on Saturday evening.

Westmeath - G Connaughton; F Boyle, D O'Donoghue, J Keane; D Healy, M Ennis, G Glennon; D Duffy, M Flanagan; F Wilson, J Smyth, Denis Glennon; A Mangan, G Dolan, D Dolan.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=80388

Billys Boots

More inaccuracies from Hogan Stand, it should have read "Tomas O Flatharta has named an identical side to the one Longford didn't bother contesting last Saturday".  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

J70

Donegal are same as last week except that Niall McCready comes in for Paddy McConigley. Still no sign of Dunnion, Bonner or Adrian Sweeney. McFadden is still suspended.

Paul Durcan                               Na Ceithre Máistrí 
Neil Mc Gee                              Gaoth Dobhair       
Paddy Campbell                        Naomh Conall         
Karl Lacey                                 Na Ceithre Máistrí
Frank Mc Glynn                         Gleann Fhinne         
Barry Monaghan                        Na Ceithre Máistrí 
Niall Mc Cready                        Aodh Ruadh B/S
Neil Gallagher                            Gleann tSúilí
Kevin Cassidy                            Gaoth Dobhair       
Ryan Bradley                             Buncrannaigh
Michael Hegarty                        Cill  Chartha
Rory Kavanagh                          Naomh Adhamhnáin           
Kevin Mc Menamin                   An Tearmain
Micheal Murphy                        Gleann tSúilí
Brendan Devenney                    Naomh Adhamhnáin

AN other

Quote from: Mentalman on July 13, 2007, 12:00:38 PM
13 July 2007

Westmeath manager Tomas O Flatharta has named an identical side to the one that easily accounted for Longford last Saturday, for his side’s clash with Donegal at Cusack Park, Mullingar on Saturday evening.

Westmeath - G Connaughton; F Boyle, D O’Donoghue, J Keane; D Healy, M Ennis, G Glennon; D Duffy, M Flanagan; F Wilson, J Smyth, Denis Glennon; A Mangan, G Dolan, D Dolan.

No great surprises there. Would have been a nice surprise if Connellan was given a chance ahead of Mangan mind. Mangan has been a good servant over the years though, so I won't begrudge him his place, lets just hope he can hit some form tomorrow.
Important that we have Healy's experience and pace. Hopefully he's fully fit. The only place I heard tell of his injury was during the five seconds the match was featured on The Sunday Game last Sunday night, and they showed a clip of who i thought to be John Smyth getting treatment when talking about it, was he ever actually injured at all I wonder?...
I'm happy enough that Duffy gets the nod ahead of O'Shaughnessey again, assuming that O'Shaughnessey ain't fully fit yet. If Duffy and Flanagan can repeat their performances we're in with a shot.

Mentalman

Quote from: AN other on July 13, 2007, 01:50:20 PM
13 July 2007

Westmeath manager Tomas O Flatharta has named an identical side to the one that easily accounted for Longford last Saturday, for his side's clash with Donegal at Cusack Park, Mullingar on Saturday evening.

Westmeath - G Connaughton; F Boyle, D O'Donoghue, J Keane; D Healy, M Ennis, G Glennon; D Duffy, M Flanagan; F Wilson, J Smyth, Denis Glennon; A Mangan, G Dolan, D Dolan.

No great surprises there. Would have been a nice surprise if Connellan was given a chance ahead of Mangan mind. Mangan has been a good servant over the years though, so I won't begrudge him his place, lets just hope he can hit some form tomorrow.
Important that we have Healy's experience and pace. Hopefully he's fully fit. The only place I heard tell of his injury was during the five seconds the match was featured on The Sunday Game last Sunday night, and they showed a clip of who i thought to be John Smyth getting treatment when talking about it, was he ever actually injured at all I wonder?...
I'm happy enough that Duffy gets the nod ahead of O'Shaughnessey again, assuming that O'Shaughnessey ain't fully fit yet. If Duffy and Flanagan can repeat their performances we're in with a shot.

Yep, on the coverage it wasn't Heals getting the treatment. However he didn't seem to take part in the post match warm down, he was walking behind the others with O'Flatharta and as far as I recall his leg was strapped?

Agree, as predicted, Mangan gets the place, and an unchanged team.

AN other

Quote from: Mentalman on July 13, 2007, 01:59:50 PM
Quote from: AN other on July 13, 2007, 01:50:20 PM
13 July 2007

yep, on the coverage it wasn't Heals getting the treatment. However he didn't seem to take part in the post match warm down, he was walking behind the others with O'Flatharta and as far as I recal his leg was strapped?

We'll give them the benefit of the doubt so...and hopefully Healy's injury doesn't hinder him against Donegal. Himself and Keane haven't been quite at full tilt yet, hopefully they can find their extra gear tomorrow.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 13, 2007, 12:21:50 PM
More inaccuracies from Hogan Stand, it should have read "Tomas O Flatharta has named an identical side to the one Longford didn't bother contesting last Saturday".  :P

That's because they weren't given a chance to contest, lightening doesn't strike twice Billy...  ;)

Delighted to see Heals named, hopefully he's fully fit and won't give Devenny a sniff who'd in my eyes will be Donegals danger man, cramp or no cramp. Big ask for all the starting 15, for those who played well the challenge is to show the same form and more importantly commitment and the challenge to the others is to up their game and in Buddas case, to actually show up this weekend. Want to see more from Nachie and Willo and Duffy this week. Expect nothing other than a tight tough game, I'll be very surprised if it's a mismatch like last week.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

navaniarmhi

Nice one....

The Irish Times today has the throw-in at 5pm.

J70

Ciaran Bonner starts in place of Michael Hegarty. Wins a first minute penalty. Michael Murphy misses.

Murphy point for Donegal, Mangan for Westmeath. Point apiece after four minutes. Good start.

J70

Kavanagh and Dolan with good scores.

2 apiece.

Wilson, then Devenney.

3 apiece.

Apparently some good scores all around.

Donegal with a missed penalty and three wides. Westmeath with one.

Keeper pulls off a good save from McMenamin - Michael Murphy knocks the rebound over the bar.

4 - 3 to Donegal

J70

Coming up to half-time

Westmeath 0-5 Donegal 0-9

J70

Glennon for Westmeath

9-7 to Donegal

Devenney free

10-7

Healy off for Westmeath

McMenamin free

11-7

McMenamin misses a free from in front of the goal. :-[

Bonner off for blood treatment after a knock to his face. Hope he's ok.

Connaughton with a point-blank save from Devenney.

Donegal totally on top but not putting Westmeath away. Haven't scored from play in the second half.

Just as I say that.... Brendan Devenney goal!!! ;D  1-11 to 0-7

Adrian Sweeney on for Woppa

Kavanagh fists it over after a good pass from Sweeney 1-12 to 0-7

Another from Kavanagh  1-13 to 0-7

Penalty for Westmeath - Martin McHugh disagrees vehemently. Says it was sympathy award! Ref sends off Ciaran Bonner for a second yellow in the subsequent argy-bargy.

Gary Dolan hits it wide! ;D

Dessie Dolan with a free - their first score for 30 minutes. 1-13 to 0-8, 2 minutes to go (+stoppage time)

Eamon McGee and McConigley on for Campbell and McGlynn. Paddy had a good game tonight apparently.

Michael Doherty on for Devenney.

Niall McCready second yellow. Donegal down to 13 men.

Westmeath with goal with the last kick.